Major Spoilers Forum
April 23, 2014, 07:01:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: 'ECLIPSED' Chapter 1 - What is a Soul Worth  (Read 10175 times)
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2012, 05:15:33 PM »

Viela slowly move around the room, keeping quiet while the others discuss tactics.

She approaches Smokey from behind and softly puts an outstretched hand on his skin.
Logged

Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2012, 08:32:01 AM »

As you all begin to get your bearings you scout out your initial area.


Aurelia as you climb atop the roof of the building you realise you are very far away from the keep. You see a vast city of buildings, both damaged and whole and you asses that without any trouble it would take you at least two days to reach the keep built into the mountain.

There is something else that attracts your attention however. Movement. Slow and steady you count at least fifteen of those creatures heading in your direction. They hobble slowly and you guess you have a few moments before they reach all of you.

As you all discuss your next move you see lots of rubble around you as well a couple of standing buildings.

{The dark grey area is impassible terrain (rubble of buildings). The buildings are made of stone with two very solid looking wood doors. You can all place yourselves for the oncoming combat. You know from Aurelia that they are coming from the North of this map.}
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »

{If they are coming from the north could we get a slightly expanded map in that direction, please, so we could see the north side of the buildings?

Also, what is the material from which the buildings and roofs are made?}


I look over the area.

"We seem to have no defensible area save for these buildings. Mouse, can you get any of those doors open?"

"We need a quick check of the building to the west. It may contain something useful. But the east building is our best position."

"Though the building would seem to be a good defense, I don't suggest we tarry within. These buildings could be used to trap us as easily as protect us. One good fire and we could find ourselves in an oven."

"I suggest we bottleneck the advancing force around this building to our east. It is the most defensible, with the alleys, and gives us a fallback point into the building as a last resort."

"Anyone with ranged weapons can lay down cover fire to either side of the building. That includes mystics. We should release an opening volley before any of us think about advancing out there to engage in melee, as we could find ourselves in the way of our own ranged fighters."

"But, most of all, I am not convinced these creatures are our enemies. We do not know all that is happening here but we do know that some things have been unwillingly subjugated by the evil force at work."

"I suggest we first make an attempt to communicate, then go for non-lethal damage on our foes until we discover the truth of it all. If it comes to killing them after, so be it."


{I hold position until someone can check the buildings, if they choose to do so.}
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2012, 09:23:32 AM »

Also, what is the material from which the buildings and roofs are made?}[/color]

{The buildings are made of stone walls and slate roofing. The stone is rugged enough that is easily climbable but the roof which is angled seems difficult to keep ones balance on. The slate is very smooth..}
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »

I continue to hold position. I need to understand the reactions, perspective, and potential of those who now keep me alive and I have a very short period of time in which to do that.

I then realize I must build unity by example. I move to the western building, as quickly as possible, to check inside for useful materials. I test the door to see if it is locked.

Adrien Latif moves W, NW, W, W, W, W, W, W, W, NW, N (60ft) to F6

Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »

Seeing that Latif is heading to the building to the west, I take a look at the door of the building to the right. After checking for traps, I attempt to get the door open.

Mouse moves E, N, N, E, E, E, E (35ft) to R5

Logged
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »

Ronin moves into a position where he can surprise anyone coming through the alley between the two buildings.

{Ronin moves NW, NW, N, N, N}

"There, I should be able to get the jump on anything that tries to sneak between the buildings from here. As for the rest of you... uh, try not to get killed. I guess."

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:13:34 PM by thenewnumber2 » Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2012, 12:21:39 PM »

As Ronin readies himself to strike first against anything coming down the alley, I test the door's lock again.

"Just remember, we may not be facing our true enemy here. Let us not kill first unless we must."

"Aurelia, we need numbers and position of anything you see. Also, translate everything for Viela."

"Cleo, can you prepare us for battle with any magical protection? If so, hold until we need it but be ready. We will rely on your reinforcement and healing abilities."

"Ronin and Smokey, you are our melee assault team. I'll be with you."


I prepare my crossbow to take a shot first if I can.

"Thomas, you may be our most diverse member. How can you help us here?"
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »

Mouse, as you check for traps you notice something about the door before you. It is a solid piece of wood and it is gigantic twice your height and easily ten feet long. It looks worn from many years of use and it contains no lock on the door. The wood is dark and looks pelted with it's many grooves of damage.

As you push against the door you realise it moves as if it weighed nothing and whats inside confuses you more.

The room before you looks pristine. The whaft of air the meets you is that of a warm meal being cooked over the hearth. The table set for a meal as if expecting company while the wooden floor, much like the door in that it is used and worn looks inviting with a rug placed over near the fire.

But as you allow the scene to wash over you, your senses guide your dodge out the door as a long sword swishes the air beside you. A low groan can be heard by everyone near you as a souless hobbles out of the door.

Adrien as you move the door it is hard to budge as if something was on the other side as you consider the possibilities your attention is drawn to your north as you see the horde slowly moving to your position.

{New expanded map coming right up...}
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2012, 01:05:55 PM »

{How did Aurelia, or the rest of us- but especially her- not notice the smoke coming from what I presume is a chimney on the house with the fire?}

I look to the horde, counting number and noting position, as I consider the unlocked but immobile door. Yet unaware of Mouse's situation, I maintain my activities but lift my crossbow to the ready.
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2012, 01:21:48 PM »

{That would be because there is no chimney and or hole for it too escape. (Nice catch  Wink Enter ominous confusing sound here.

Mouse I moved you back five steps as per the narative.}


Mouse moves S (5 foot step) to R21

Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2012, 01:23:38 PM »

{Actually, Mouse's reaction, if it's ok, is to duck silently around behind the soulless into the house, rather than backing away}
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2012, 01:28:27 PM »


{No problem}

Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2012, 01:31:44 PM »

I yell out.

"I count three hostiles on the western flank! There are probably more. Aurelia, what can you see?"

I move back to a better position to aid Ronin. I take a shot with my crossbow at the soulless. {N16}

Adrien Latif moves S, E, E, E, E, E, E, E, E, NE (50ft) to O21


"Stop standing around and get over here! Secure that house!"

"Thomas and Viela, I need you to guard the eastern corner. Smokey, get ready to back us up!"


{Um, initiatives? Also, does the soulless get an AoO on Mouse?}
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2012, 01:38:19 PM »

{I was going to wait for initiative once everyone told me where they were going to be placed. Also I rolled a surprise attack on mouse that missed and used it as a narrative point to begin the combat.}
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!