Major Spoilers Forum
July 25, 2014, 11:01:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 78- End Game  (Read 7473 times)
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »

"Your wisdom shines, as always, Jean Pierre.

In order for the world to find balance, those who disrupt the balance with grand power merely for the joy of causing mayhem had to be removed.

You are correct: Those will always be those who are more powerful. But they will be mortals.

And I have saved the world. The gods no longer reign supreme.

Let the age of mortals begin."

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2012, 10:59:06 AM »

Evanard Blackthere, stunned for several moments as he watched his master vanish from reality, finally speaks.

"You ask why I would have served Maldomkin. I will tell you."

"I believe the world to be a very individual experience for each of us and our impact on it often transitory. Most mortals spend their entire lives trying to gain wealth or power. But that does them no good beyond the grave."

"The wiser of them seek love and trusted companionship. At the end of their days they are surrounded by those who care most for them."

"But, even there, they are lost. Yes, their children will speak lovingly of them. Their grandchildren may recall their name fondly to their own children, whom the deceased never met."

"But there will come a day, only a few scant generations hence, when that name will be nothing more than letters on a tombstone and a branch on the family scroll. We are no more important to this world than a tree or an insect unless we burn our name into history forever."

"Your very actions this day, Bedlor, make my point very well. No one will ever forget the almighty "Bedlor Enghart". ... No one will have cause to remember the name of Evanard Blackthere."

"So if you want to grant me a wish, then I wish to be important to this world in a way no one will ever forget yet always respect."
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2012, 11:23:01 AM »

Tren shakes his head and clenches his fist while pointing at Bedlor.

"Enough of this folly. You stand before us judgemental of the past hoping that the age of mortals won't redo what has transpired here. What happens if you decide to create the age of Enghart? What will happen then? What can any of us do to stop your will? YOu may full well strike us all down now. Create something to stop yourself and then maybe I will believe you."

Tren moves to walk away when he stops and turns quickly.

"I think you can agree we never usually see eye to eye but or end goal was the same. Peace for everyone. Aloow a dark balance to your 'golden light' and allow there to be always to sides to a coin. Look at Illumian he tried to create a rule of only one belief and this is what happened. Death, destruction and pain. ONe sie is not enough and you know it.

Give me one of the two souls Enghart. Allow me to be the balance. That is my wish. Let people have more than one choice, let them truly be free. You can stop me if I become to powerful and vice versa."

Tren stares at the God of his once ally directly in the eye. For once his words hold no double meaning or falseitude. He truly means what he has just said.

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »

Bedlor speaks to Blachthere's point

"It is arrogance that drives you. A man who digs a well for a village does not do so to be remembered for all eternity, but he may, in fact, be remembered. But it shall be mortal endeavors that provide this station, not some godly power. Notoriety for notoriety's sake has no place any longer.If you wish to be remembered, Evanard, do something worth be remembered for. Mortals are not meant to live forever, but their deeds and shared ideals can live throughout the generations."

Bedlor looks upon Tren

"Your words are just as wise as those of Jean Pierre, and I understand your fears.

But, as always, you assume to know more than any other, even when the other is a god before your eyes.

I wished to free this world of the constraints of those who would use power to usurp the free will of all living beings. And, it has been done, save for one.

I have grown to love each of you for who you are. I will ask nothing more from any of you, save this request: Remember. Remember what has transpired to lead each of you to this place at this time. Use this knowledge to keep this world on a path of prosperity for all who are brought into it.

The age of mortals begins with me, but it will see its fruition through the wisdom, strength, intelligence, will, and allure that each of you have at the core of your very beings. No one but you will know the truth; and only through you will the age of mortals be an age of peace and prosperity for all.

Thank you...my friends."

Bedlor urges the power of the rings to dissipate into nothingness, leaving NO gods whatsoever to exist in this universe or any other. Just before, however, he wills his own mind; his mortal mind; to forget everything that has transpired since he first left Carrigan's Pass all those days and weeks before. Leaving no gods, no elders, no unearthly powers behind. Bedlor, as you have come to know him through the months, is no more. And the age of mortals, truly, begins now.

Navarre
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2012, 12:20:19 PM »

The instantaneous wish becomes reality but you have already forgotten both the wish and all reality that came before. You drop into the arms of a beautiful young woman with radiant red tresses.

Clad in snow white robes trimmed in gold, she catches you just before you hit the floor. At your side is a hammer of some sort and around you are several people who look to you with concern and a misgiving you do not understand.

"Bedlor?" the young woman asks, tenderly caressing your face.

"What have you done? Are you alright, my love?"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »

Bedlor jumps with surpirse

"By Kallum's Bony Knees, who the 'ell be ye people? An' 'ow did I be gettin' 'ere?"

Navarre
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2012, 12:25:04 PM »

The woman steps back now. Her eyes seem full of fret and her hand goes to her mouth.

"Bedlor? Do you not know us?"

"I am Moira. . .. Do you not remember me?"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2012, 12:29:52 PM »

"Now 'ow would I be knowin' the likes o' any o' ye? I not be settin' eyes on any o' the lot o' ye 'fore in me life.

Moira, be it? No, lass, I not be rememberin' ye. 'Ave ye sought travel through the Pass 'fore? I be 'alpin' so many cross the wilderness, though. It be 'ard to be keepin' track."

Bedlor reaches in his pocket, not finding what it is he is looking for, before patting down the rest of his clothes, looking for something.

"Oi, now me pipe be missin'."

Navarre
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2012, 12:34:12 PM »

Bedlor, you hear a new voice. It does not seem to be coming from anyone in the room. It is if you are hearing the voice only in your mind.

<By your pardon. I am the hammer at your side.>

<I seem to have forgotten my purpose. I recall it to have been of great import but now I can recall neither it or even my name.>

<I only remember we are comrades-in-arms. Perhaps even...friends.>

<I do not know this place. What has happened to us?>
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »

"Do any o' ye be 'earin' that 'ammer...um, speakin'?

Oi, someone be needin' to be tellin' what be goin' on 'round 'ere!"

Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2012, 12:58:09 PM »

Tren shakes his head again and turns.

He mutters under his breath. "Fool, now everyone is open to claim everything."

He looks at Erika for a moment considering her just reward should be death for what she did to Vinrog but stills his blade.

He begins to walk away from everyone.

Navarre
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »

The woman who has introduced herself as Moira...and a quite beautiful woman at that (for an overly-tall human), nods thoughtfully to you, Bedlor.

"Yes...the hammer."

"Do not worry, Bedlor. You are among good friends here and, despite the war-torn surroundings, I believe we are all quite safe for now."

She removes the traveling cape from her cloak and wraps the snowy white cloth about your shoulders. You are not quite certain why, as it is not at all cold here, but she seems to find some small measure of comfort in the gesture. Somehow, so do you.

There is an older man nearby, more stoic but dressed in the same religious robes as the redhead. He smiles, patiently and with a degree of assurance.

"Bedlor, my name is Jean-Pierre Baptiste. I have known you for some time."

"We will be able to explain everything to you, though it will take some time. Let us leave this inhospitable place and retire to someplace where we might talk as friends."

"I can use a Word of recall to instantly take us away from here. Come, all of you...,"
he says, spreading his hands in invitation.

"We return to a place I have long considered both a haven and a place to begin new adventures. My friends, to West Wellington."
Navarre
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2012, 01:00:31 PM »

{Tren, do you wish to go with everyone else or take some other action?}
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2012, 01:04:03 PM »

{Tren, will go with them. Scratching his arm where the dreamstone was.}

Gaumer