Major Spoilers Forum
August 31, 2014, 05:27:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 78- End Game  (Read 7887 times)
Navarre
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »

In the merest blink of an eye, Maldomkin vanishes from existence. As his lantern vanishes with him, every soul contained within manifests as incorporeal spirits.

Tren, your parents, Moira, and the rest stand before you. The room is crammed full of spirits as they shuffle away from the material room and extend back onto the ethereal plane.

Evanard Blackthere stands stone still, staring at the scene before him with a mouth so agape his chin extrudes beneath his mask.

"Lord Maldomkin...??" he squeaks a bit.

{Tren, you are aware of all this and can communicate to the living. Bedlor, your actions are currently open, as Blackthere is stunned into inaction.}
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2012, 02:39:16 PM »

Tren looks around at everything before him. His mind races at everything he wants to do. He feels out with the shard if it is still there.

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2012, 02:42:33 PM »

Unlike all other souls, you have a direct spiritual connection to your physical body through the shard of the Necropolis Dreamstone. Now that you have been released from the Soul Lantern of Lord Maldomkin, there is nothing preventing you from reinserting your soul into your mortal body through the shard.
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2012, 02:44:03 PM »

Bedlor waves his hand in front of this newly arrived group of spirits.

"Be whole again."

And gives them all new bodies.

Bedlor then speaks to Blackthere

"Fear not. Your bargain has been done away with, and I return your soul to you. Tell me, what is it you desire? What was your hope in dealing with such a vile creature as Maldomkin?"

Extremes are always wrong.
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »

Before Tren revives himself he feels around to see if he can connect to the other souls. Placing them into the shard itself like he once held the soul of a Nexus.

Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »

Bedlor, knowing Tren's actions, removes the Dreamstone from his body

"Mortals do not deserve to have such power."

And removes the Dreamstone from existence.

Navarre
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »

Tren, you find that (once you have merged your body and soul) that the shard was powerful enough to contain and harness the power of two souls, regardless of who they are.

However, Bedlor by virtue of his newfound omnipotence, has eradicated the shard from existence.

You find yourself in your body, where it fell, even as Moira and the others are revived and those souls without bodies have new one recreated for them.
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2012, 03:05:29 PM »

Tren says nothing and scratches his arm. Not sure of his next action. He realises that the shard was supposed to be used to transfer the souls to the Einshar and wonders how it could be done now that it is gone.

He starts to believe that the power may have gone to Engharts head and that he may be giving into it.

Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2012, 03:11:58 PM »

Bedlor, able to read his mind, addresses Tren's concerns

"And that would make me different from the other gods in what way?"

Bedlor then keeps a part of his body where it is in view of everyone in the house, but projects another portion of himself outside. This other projection is as large as the gods who currently reside outside the house. Bedlor addresses these gods.

"I know you only do what has been instilled in your natures. For this, you should not be punished. But you must acknowledge that the age of the gods has run its course. You are no longer required."

Bedlor removes the entirety of the gods from existence from this point forward, before removing this projection of himself.

Back in the house, Bedlor takes the statues of the elder gods and shrinks them to such a minute size that he, and only he, can even realize their existence.

"Your time ends, as well, ancient ones."

And the new god teleports the now almost unidentifiable statues to the center of the sun.

Navarre
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2012, 06:58:46 AM »

Moira blinks as she sees you, Bedlor. Your now golden skin glows with divine power barely contained within a mortal shell. Your eyes reflect the universe, stars and spinning nebula that you suddenly understand down to the merest quark.

The cleric takes a half-step forward, her hand to her mouth in awe.

"Bedlor??"

"What are you doing, my love?"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »

"Repairing millennia of damage. As we have sought since the very beginning."

{Did all that shit work? All the gods gone, statues gone, all that shit?}

Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2012, 08:11:11 AM »

Tren shakes his head.

"Then return the souls as you promised. Or are you above that as well."

Navarre
« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2012, 08:12:23 AM »

Everything you had wished for has happened in an instant. Moira stares at you, Bedlor. She reaches tentatively toward you.

"You...you killed a dozen gods with but a thought. I ... that power!"

"What do you mean to do with the rings then? Should I take a knee?"

She smiles and tried to laugh jokingly, but you see the rising fear in her eyes as she stares into the face of the all-powerful.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »

"There were no promises of returning the Elders made, Tren. Only the promise of repairing what was broken.

The problems of the entire multi-verse found their genesis within a slight few who held power over the multitudes. I have removed that power from existence.

I will soon...be leaving all of you. I do not know how to give thanks for what each and every one of you has given me.

But I shall ask.

To all of you here, what wish may I grant for you?"

Navarre
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »

Jean Pierre Baptiste stands before the divine as he replies.

"Wish? I don't understand."

"You just killed a dozen gods. Powerful as they are; as greedy as they had become, they were still living souls."

"The world will never be on equal footing. There will always be those who are more powerful and will lord over the weaker."

"You can't save the world by killing anyone who takes action against your view of peace."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
  Print  

Jump to: