Major Spoilers Forum
April 24, 2014, 12:57:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 78- End Game  (Read 6149 times)
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2012, 01:34:43 PM »

{Yes. He will do something, even if its simply moving, before the end of the round. He wants to see how this plays out, and if its necessary to finally put on one of the Trust rings to save the day.}
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »

{Okay. I'll move forward with Baptiste's turn next time I post then.}
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2012, 04:03:33 PM »

Jean Pierre Baptiste has been quietly studying the scene for a few minutes. He watches Maldomkin intently.

"Why does the Lord of Bargains not simply annihilate us? All of us together are no match for a true god such as he."

The aging former Pontiff rubs his chin. Then his eyes light with sudden realization.

"Ah! I have already answered my own question! The god's power is both his gift and his curse."

"Never have we known Maldomkin to directly lift a hand against any soul. He has gone to tremendous lengths to employ his Soul Brokers and Dark Tomorrow to do that work for him!"

"Why, think of it. Even the Hare that bore the broken fragments of Maldomkin's soul never interfered in any affairs."

"I always thought it was the nature of the Hare themselves, being pacifists. But the truth is they could not take direct action! The very nature of Maldomkin's soul defies that opportunity."

"We have little to fear from this dark lord, my friends. It is his minions that threaten us while Maldomkin shrewdly tricks us into wasting our efforts on a direct assault against him."

"He can do nothing against us without a bargain. He shall find nothing from me, including an opportunity to escape!"


Baptiste raises his hands, casting a powerful Dimension Lock spell. Maldomkin curls his now-rabbit lips over long teeth and snarls.

"You are too wise a man by far to be suffered to live, Jean Pierre! My servants have already killed Moira Rashai, your apprentice or usurper, depending on which time line you hold, as well as Bedlor's love. I fear there will be another grave dug for Illumian's priests this day."


{Bedlor, still your action if you want to take it. If not, Evanard Blackthere's turn is up next.}
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2012, 06:41:42 PM »

Bedlor aims his weapons at Blackthere, but prepares to Shift into the adjacent room should he make a move against him.

{Shift to H11 if triggered.}

Bedlor stares at Blackthere, a broad smile on his face

"Oi, looks like yer master be leavin' ye 'igh an' dry, mate. Ye be outnumbered. Give it up. Hohoho, but sure'n yer oath to yer master won'ta be lettin' ye do such."

Bedlor turns his head slightly, listening to the air

"Be lookin' as though a family reunion be on the way. An' 'ere I be, still wit' rings in a box, ready to be shinin' on me pretty lil' finger. Maybe ye can be stoppin' us 'fore any o' that be 'appenin'.

But I be thinkin' ye slow. Too slow, mate."


Bedlor then speaks silently to Warsong.

<Be 'elpin' me watch 'im, Dubya. If'n I be slower, we all be dead. We need to be buyin' time.>
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:44:04 PM by Gaumer » Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2012, 08:02:24 AM »

Warsong replies to you alone, <I am ready, Protector.>

The insidious Evanard Blackthere summons his dark necromancy into his lungs, then projecting it forward into a Wail of the Banshee. Even the sound of the Einshar ripping through the mansion in their war is temporarily drowned out by Dark Tomorrow's leader as he unleashed his spell of death.

Bedlor, you find yourself suddenly pulled away through the open doorway as Warsong shifts you a split second before the shrill killing spell reaches your ears.

Bedlor moves W, W (10ft) to G9


You find yourself in the former bedchamber of Helsbeth as Warsong replies.

<I could not shift you directly to the position you requested because of the intervening door. As you are still alive, I trust this will suffice?>

{Tren, Fortitude save vs Wail of the Banshee, DC 25}
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2012, 09:14:01 AM »

{1d20+10=21 fail Sad.}
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2012, 10:03:01 AM »

{Liv Fort save vs Wail of the Banshee, DC25: 1d20+21=22. Holy fuck. Natural 1.  Sad}
{T'Ning Fort save vs Wail of the Banshee, DC25: 1d20+16=35. Success.}
{Baptiste Fort save vs Wail of the Banshee, DC25: 1d20+12=13. Another Nat 1! Are you kidding me??}
{Storme Fort save vs Wail of the Banshee, DC25: 1d20+22=39. Success.}



In one fell burst of unholy evil, Evanard Blackthere kills Tren Moonstride, Liv Eia, and Jean Pierre Baptiste. Bedlor, you only know which of your friends has died as you hear the screams, followed by the nauseating sounds of their brains bursting inside their skulls.

As you hear three bodies hit the unforgiving mahogany floor, the sound burst fades and Blackthere laughs.

"Are we having fun yet?" he taunts you.
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »

"My allies were ready to be givin' their lives for what we stand for. Ye risk yer life, for what? A bargain wit' an enslaver?

Ye'll lose 'cause yer cause is yers an' yers 'lone.

An' 'ere I stand, wit' the rings, an' the rain o' gods ready to pour o'er ye."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2012, 10:23:46 AM »

Blackthere glances upward as a bolt of deity-level lightning removes part of the roof from the bed chamber. Above you see Pandia locked in immortal combat with Sashca as Ilumian moves behind her, glowing blade raised.

The head of this universe's Maldomkin falls from the sky, a victim of Illumian's last stroke. The head rolls to the feet of the Maldomkin you know, who looks at it with an expression of thoughtfulness as he perhaps ponders his own mortality.

Below, about you, the carnage and price of death is no less high.

T'Ning turns in a fury toward Blackthere.

"You've killed them! Rachel died fighting Dark Tomorrow and now you kill my friends and have the audacity to laugh about it?!?"

He says something else but it is lost in a feral snarl of unintelligible speech as he strikes at Blackthere with his magical Raez-Zhir.

{T'Ning's attacks vs Blackthere, AC29: first 3 attacks: 1d20+24=40, 1d20+24=43, 1d20+24=25. 2 Hits. 1 Nat 1.}
{T'Ning's attack vs Blackthere, AC29: 1d20+19=31. Hit.}
{T'Ning's attack vs Blackthere, AC29: 1d20+14=30. Hit.}

{Damage: 1d2+7+3=12, 1d2+7+3=11, 1d2+7+3=12, 1d2+7+3=12. Total Damage: 47 hp.}


Though one of T'Ning's magical stars exhibits an unexpected structural flaw, breaking in his hands, the others spin with deadly force to the chest of their target. Blackthere yells out and staggers back a half-step as his torso now resembles a bleeding pincushion.

He glares at your monk ally from behind his skull-faced mask.

"Do not worry. I will put you out of your professed misery, boy."
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2012, 10:40:47 AM »

Vinnrog rages, running toward the bed chamber. Erika has the opportunity to strike him down.

The young woman looks at him, the barbarian's back turned to her in his fury. She wavers, the tip of the corrupted Valor lowering toward the floor.

From within the master bed chamber, Lord Maldomkin seems to sense Erika's faltering conviction. He speaks to her.

"The die has been cast. The bargain made."

"I own your soul and you will see this through. Your reward awaits you, my dear."


Erika looks to Samm, both of their eyes wet with tears. Erika raises her head...and her blade.

"I know."

{AoO vs Vinnrog, Dodge AC20: 1d20+19+2+3+5+5=41. Hit.}
{Damage: 1d8+4+3+5+5+2d6=22.}


Vinnrog Redclub falls, not dead but unconscious. He hits the floor where he stands, blood splashing as his weight crushes his bowler hat.

Meanwhile, Blackthere moves himself out of the path of his remaining enemies. His laugh cuts deeper than any sword.

Evanard Blackthere moves S, S, S, S, S, S (30ft) to P28


{End of Round 1}
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2012, 10:57:17 AM »

{Grid and Initiative for Round 2}


In the sky above you, Illumian strikes Pandia from behind with his mighty greatsword. Her cry shakes the World Spirit as the universe trembles at her fall.

The Goddess of Nature and Balance makes a last desperate effort to grab onto Illumian as she turns, but the Lord of Light brushes her off. Her body falls from the sky and out of sight as Illumian is in turn beset by Sashca.

The smell of acrid smoke from somewhere else in the mansion reaches your nostrils now as you realize the manse is ablaze. Most stumble briefly as the entire mansion lurches to one side.

The foundation shifts precariously in one direction before somewhat righting itself. Only Bedlor, thanks to Warsong's magic, remains stable.

That momentary advantage has allowed you to maintain your wits, Bedlor, as the world falls away around you; both literally and figuratively.

{Bedlor, you have initiative. Make it count.}
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »

Bedlor, nearing the end of his available options, and weary of the god-war now ravaging the world around him, makes his final decision regarding the power he holds in his vest pocket.

"Ye either die a hero, or live long 'nough to see yerself become the villain.

I'll not see this world die. Not as long as I be 'avin' power to stop it."


Bedlor hangs his weapons, pulls the box from his vest pocket, opens it and slides, not one, but both of the ancient rings onto his hands.
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »

The sensation that floods over you is indescribable by any words known to man. What follows is a paltry summary of a divine experience.

Your mind explodes with an awakening you never imagined possible. The world as you know it slips away to reveal the truth behind existence.

You see all that is, was, and might ever be. Your consciousness now allows for simultaneous experience of all realities and time lines.

You see back to the very beginning of existence, when Celestryn and Aurora, the Primordial, were fashioned to create and govern the multiverse. Somewhere, at the farthest reaches of your perception, you are aware of an even more powerful hand. It is a force you cannot know as Bedlor Enghart but you sense that there is a great mind that created not only the Primordial but worked through them to create you and everything you have ever known.

Whatever the nature of that Dungeon Master might be, it is the only thing beyond you as your mind rejects your possible fictional nature to instead focus on what you know must be "real". Perception is Reality.

You see the Primordial creating Absynthia, the first universe in the now-multiverse. You see the events unfold that led to Bronwyn Moonshadow's actions and how that cascaded through the Arhyia universe where your friend Tren once lived to Ashearea.

You see the Primordial create the Einshar, their First Children. But, even as the hubris and eventual treachery of the Einshar grows, the Primordial continue to believe in unity over isolation.

Yet their faith was undone, as you too well know, to lead through the centuries that came before your birth. You can sense Celestryn and Aurora now, trapped  in the statues as you believed. They are just behind Maldomkin, only hidden from your sight by the power he wields to manipulate your souls and perceptions.

You see both the original time line and the new. Your mind seeks out the fate of your fallen friends and you find them immediately.

Erika was correct. The lantern hanging at Maldomkin's side holds the souls of everyone who has ever died or made a deal with the Lord of Bargains.

You father and mother are there. So too is your love, Moira. And Liv and the Erika you knew. Donovan. Rachel. Even Tren.

They are vaguely aware of all that goes on, as if it were all being narrated from afar. But they are incapable of action so long as the lantern remain intact and in Maldomkin's grasp. ...Should the lantern be shattered, well... ...

But physical efforts are beneath you now. You are a god above gods.

It is within you to reshape any and all reality at your whim. Perhaps nothing you desire is beyond the scope of your power.

It only waits for the asking of it.

{Your action is open to you, Oh Omnipotent One  Cool }
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »

"Go away."

And with those words Bedlor attempts to erase Maldomkin from existence, while urging the souls contained within the lantern to escape. If breaking the lantern is the only means to this end, so be it.
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2012, 01:43:27 PM »

"Go away."

"No More Maldomkin", said the Scarlet Bedlor.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!