Major Spoilers Forum
August 30, 2014, 11:26:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A big announcement is coming soon! Visit Major Spoilers often to stay in the loop!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 78- End Game  (Read 7880 times)
Navarre
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2012, 01:53:39 PM »

Though Maldomkin appears to be quite ready to move at a moment's notice, he holds his position. The Lord of Bargains only watches the scene unfold before him as if he has nowhere else he might wish to be.

Lyric, bound on the floor at Vinnrog's feet, glances curiously toward the half-orc and Erika as they stand guard over her. She seems amused by something as former Lord Commander Victor Storm makes a dashing assault on Maldomkin.

"I have no inkling if it is possible to slay a god but, this day, we shall know!"

"Behold, a Storme approaches!!"

Storme moves E, E, E, E, E (25ft) to P19

{Storme's charge attack vs AC25: 1d20+28+2=40. Hit.}
{Damage: 1d10+13=23}

The hit is powerful, and delivered with full force.

Maldomkin only smiles.
Navarre
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2012, 02:33:29 PM »

A sudden flash of darkness from down the hall draws your eyes to the Erika Dean of this world. A surge of dark energy floods from the ebony blade in her hand to surround her. She looks toward where Maldomkin stands.

"By our bargain to claim my only love, I stand with you, Lord Maldomkin!"

In one quick snip of her sword she cuts the bonds holding Lyric Blackthere. The Elven girl takes advantage of the distraction to cast a Haste spell on Erika she already had prepared.

Before Vinnrog can react, Erika strikes at him with the unholy power of Dark Valor.

{Erika Attack 2 (Att 1 used to free Lyric) vs Vinnrog, AC19: 1d20+14+2+3+5+5=39. Hit.}
{Erika Attack 3 vs Vinnrog, AC19: 1d20+9+2+3+5+5=26. Hit.}
{Erika Attack 4 vs Vinnrog, AC19: 1d20+4+2+3+5+5=35. Hit.}
{Erika Hasted Attack vs Vinnrog, AC19: 1d20+19+2+3+5+5=46. Hit.}

Damage: 1d8+4+3+5+5+2d6=31, 1d8+4+3+5+5+2d6=26, 1d8+4+3+5+5+2d6=33, 1d8+4+3+5+5+2d6=29. Total: 119 HP}

Vinnrog yells in surprise and pain as the unholy blade bites deep between his shoulder blades. You see the tip of the blade emerge from his chest, ebony covered in crimson blood.

The barbarian does not fall but stumbles to one knee. His bowler falls from his head, landing on its top. Like a bowl catching rain, Vinnrog Redclub's blood pours into his hat as the mighty half-orc cannot even yet muster the strength to stand.

Samm turns, mouth agape, to stare at his sister.

"Whaaat?!? Erika!"

"Why?!!?"

Erika Dean of this new time line shakes her head with both sadness and conviction.

"Because I'm tired, Samm! I'm tired of worlds where you have Abby's love while I stand in the corner, trying to smile for you."

"When Maldomkin approached me, I was ready to tell that Hare to go back to Hell. But Maldomkin showed me world after world, time after time, where it was always the same. You and Abby. You and Abby. Again and again, while I had no one."

"Well, I deserve someone to love me that much, Samm! Maldomkin has made a promise to me and, like him or not, I know he never breaks his word."

"Who do you think it was that kidnapped the Elven Princess Iridia in the first place? Lyric was a formless wraith before that but I gave her a new body and stoked the fires of war between the Elves and Humans in the process."

"After Ximon was discovered in Carl's guise he thought he had his father beat. Well, Anani and Jordan may have been the original betrayers of the Defenders but we all have our price. I've learned that much."

"Why did none of you ever wonder how I suddenly got possession of the most powerful sword in all the universe?? Honestly, you're all so single-minded sometimes I'm surprised you've lived this long."

"I don't give a damn what happens to this world. It has nothing I care about except you and Abby. And, when this is done, and Maldomkin has the power to shape all reality, I will still have the both of you."

"The only difference is, Abby will love me this time while you're the one to make your own way. But don't worry, I'll help you find someone for you too...not that anyone will even remember this conversation."

{Tren, your turn.}
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »

"I 'ope ye get yer wish, girl.

A life wit' yer true love will be grand indeed, but ye will always know, in the back o' yer mind, that ye didn'ta earn it. Ye'll always know that it be a false love, an' that'll leave ye empty an' wantin' e'en more than ye be now.

If'n ye die 'ere or when ye be old an' gray wit' yer love wakin' each an' e'ery day at yer side, yer punishment be already set."

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »

Erika begins to cry openly, large tears falling down her pretty cheeks.

"I know, Bedlor. ... I know."

"But, I couldn't...True love is all I ever wanted. I know I don't deserve it; especially hers, it seems."

"Everyone has their breaking point. I'm sorry. I'm seeing this through."
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2012, 02:57:20 PM »

"Aye, I be sorry too, girl. Sorry I didn'ta know 'ow bad off ye were wit' all this.

But 'true love' be not promised to ye, only the illusion o' it from a god desperate to win 'is war.

There still be time for ye to come back from the darkness Maldomkin an' 'is lot 'ave cast o'er ye.

Ye'd give up the love o' true friends for a lie o' true love? I know ye to be stronger than that, girl."

Navarre
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2012, 03:11:14 PM »

Erika almost staggers off her feet. Sweat beads on her brow, mingling with her tears as it rolls down her face. She holds her head with her shield hand, weeping.

"Gods, Bedlor! I don't know how to tell you what it is like seeing dozens of universes where Abby loves Samm and I'm so alone."

"Maybe it's Maldomkin's tricks, I don't know. But I know she didn't love me either in my world or yours. I saw how lost I was there. I thought of trying with Liv but she loves Donovan. I even thought about Aphra; a dog-girl. What in the name of Laukordia is wrong with me?!?"

"I do love my friends. I do! But there has to be a world where someone wants to hold me close and take care of my heart."

"I'm afraid, Bedlor. I know I can't win. I help Maldomkin and I'm living with a lie. I help you and I'll still never be trusted again and be just as alone."

"It doesn't matter anyway, you see. ... That lantern at Maldomkin's side? My soul is in there somewhere, along with your father and all the rest."

"The bargain has been made. He owns me now."
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »

"Then fight to get that lantern back, an' ye will 'ave allies by yer side in the battle. Ye be no slave to tyrants.

Mistakes can be forgiven. Don'ta be makin' one bad choice lead ye to turn yer back on those that 'ave stood by ye all this time."

Navarre
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2012, 03:48:45 PM »

Erika bites her lower lip so hard that it bleeds. She looks at the unholy sword in her hand and the possibly fatal wound she has given Vinnrog.

Lyric watches Erika. The bard puts her hands on her own slender hips.

"Don't even think about it! You've got everything you ever wanted being handed to you on a platter."

"The only reason Abby doesn't love you is because she doesn't know how to see how much love you have in your heart for her. But we'll show her. She'll know."

"Turn back now and these so-called 'friends' of yours will have you marching to their drum for as long as it's convenient. When they don't need you they'll forget all about you. I've shown you it's true, haven't I?"

Erika winces and nods.

"yes"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »

"It be yer own love for yer friends an' yer fear that 'ave kept yer love from knowin' yer trie feelin's, an' nothin' more. Ye lie to yerself as much as that wraithchild does.

None be keepin' ye 'ere 'gainst yer will. Ye stayed 'cause ye know it to be the right thing to be doin'. Don'ta be changin' that now for the promise o' more lies."

Navarre
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2012, 03:59:57 PM »

Lyric glares at you.

"You need to shut your big ugly face!!"

"You all left me in this very house when you came back to this universe. Tell me I'm lying!"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »

"Aye. Mistakes 'ave been made by many. But sure'n a 'sorry' from me or anyone else be fallin' short o' makin' ye content wit' the way yer life 'as ended up.

Revenge be yer only goal, now, an' ye not e'en be carin' which 'arm ye find revenge for, long as ye be findin' it somewhere.

That be the road ye be settin' down, Erika. Empty. no meaning to yer life save findin' revenge for a misdeed that be livin' in yer own 'ead. So sick from it all that anyone, e'en a mad god, can be twistin' yer actions to meet 'is ends. If'n ye wish to be a pawn to a bastard o' the gods, as yer friend Lyric be, finish what ye started an' end the lives o' those ye once called friends.

Or, be takin' the 'ard path, live up to that which ye know to be true, an' look 'way from the illusion Maldomkin an' 'is lapdog 'ave put in yer mind."

Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »

Tren fed up of this quarrelling decides to try and end it.

"Then let me fix my mistake."

He flings two daggers in Lyrics direction.{Using quick draw and flic of the wrist}

{first attack 1d20+18=31 hit
dmg 1d4+2=4, 9d6=29
2nd dagger 1d20+13=30 hit.
dmg 1d4+2=4, 9d6=31

total: 68 dmg.}

Tren with death in his eyes stares down Erika. "Be wary Erika that I did not aim those at you."

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »

Lyric cries out as the bodice of her crimson armor is ripped open, along with her flesh. Blood jets from twin wounds, each just under her rib cage.

She stumbles then spins, the hilts of your black daggers jutting from her torso like pot handles. She is badly injured and you can tell it would take precious little to kill her, as you intend.

"Get out of the way!" she yells to Erika. Her Blink spell now expired, Lyric Blackthere attempts to retreat and recover before she expires as well.

As she moves to run, Erika stands fixed as she struggles with honor versus desire. Vinnrog, however badly hurt, has no such reservations.

Blood still pouring from gaping wounds, he strikes at Lyric with his great axe.

{AoO vs Lyric, AC28: 1d20+24+2=31. Hit.}
{Damage: 1d12+5+2=8}

Her back splits to reveal muscle and the outer edge of her spine. Lyric cannot even cry out as she runs but she manages to escape into the stairwell to the south.

Lyric moves S, S, S, S, S, E (30ft) to M32

{Bedlor, your turn.}
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »

{Hold on any actions until later in the round.}

Navarre
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »

Samm Dean looks to his distraught sister, her crying toward the empty end of the hallway.

"Erika...I had no idea you felt this way. About me. About Abby."

Erika retorts.

"Ha! Of course you didn't, Samm! You're the most oblivious person I know."

"But then why would you see me when your eyes and mind are always full of Abby? I can't blame you for that. I don't."

"But I'm tired of feeling invisible to everyone. I know how Lyric felt, being forgotten like she didn't exist."

"Well, you see me now. Don't you?"

Samm nods sadly. He moves toward Erika, still armed.

Samm moves S, S, S, S, S, S (30ft) to L27

"Yeah, sis. I see you. I see what all this has done to you and I'm sorry."

"But this isn't right. You've let it go too far."

"Give me that sword and we'll stop all this together. We'll get back your soul and everything will be okay again."

Erika almost turns purple as she shakes her head incredulously.

"Again?!?"

"Why would I want things the way they were? Maldomkin has Abby's soul now that she's dead. We can't revive her without him."

"I don't know what to do to fix this but...Hey! Step back, Samm!"

Samm makes an attempt to disarm his sister, using his improved skill at such maneuvers to hopefully relieve her of her weapon.

{Samm's Improved Disarm attempt 1: 1d20+19+2+3+4=29. Natural 1! Geez  Roll Eyes}

So concerned over his sister's trauma is Samm that he accidentally drops his own blade in his very first attempt at disarming her.

Erika kicks his sword away from him, sneering.

"Gods! Is it your recklessness or your clumsiness that Abby loves about you?"

"I really hate you sometimes, do you know that?"

{Bedlor, still holding action?}
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: