Major Spoilers Forum
July 29, 2014, 03:52:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 78- End Game  (Read 7538 times)
Navarre
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »

Liv looks to you.

"What's your call, Bedlor? What do we do?"
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2012, 12:44:56 PM »

Tren will move closer to the door.

Tren moves N, NW, N, N, N, N (30ft) to J23

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2012, 08:38:21 AM »

You hear Evenard's voice issue from within the confines of the master bed chamber once occupied by the Shadow Lord and his dark bride.

"It seems we are at an impasse, hmmm? You hold the Trust and I know the location of the Primordial Statues."

"Time is the enemy of both of us, as the Einshar are happily razing this mansion, and all in it, to the foundation. I suggest we work together to save ourselves, yes?"
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2012, 09:34:01 AM »

Bedlpor yells back to Blackthere

"Sure'n they be puttin' a smack on ye, as well, mate. An' that bargain god ye be lovin' on so 'ard.

We be the aim o' 'em gods for months. Nothin' new for me, ye see? Let 'em be comin'. My wager sure'n not be on ye an' yer master."

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2012, 10:02:40 AM »

Blackthere replies.

"Your words are bold, but we need each other. You cannot survive the combined might of the Einshar nor can you free the Primoridal if you cannot even find the statues."

"Either of us could run from here, waiting to fight again. But our little game has run its course, wouldn't you say?"

"So I offer you a truce. I will not attack you."

"In exchange I ask that you find my master, Lord Maldomkin, some measure of protection from both the Einshar and the Primordial before you release Celestryn and Aurora from their slumber. We each get what we want."
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »

"Ye still breathin' at the end o' it all? That's one thing I be wantin'.

I need ye? Hohoho. E'en if'n I put the ring on now? Would I be needin' ye then, mate?"

Navarre
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »

Blackthere's sneer is somehow apparent, even in his voice from beyond the wall.

"You wouldn't dare!"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2012, 11:35:02 AM »

"Oi, wouldn'ta I, now??

Ye think I'd be teamin' up wit' the likes o' scum like ye 'fore I be doin' such? I put on this ring, aye, maybe, someday, I'll be as sinister as that lot o' gods that be comin' down on ye like iron rain. Joinin' ranks wit' ye...oi, that be makin' me scum like yerself wit' only o' 'ope o' winnin' this war.

Are ye sure'n yer master be comin' out o' this wit' 'is 'ead still firm on 'is shoulders? I not be knowin'. But sure'n as I not be knowin' such, I DO be knowin' ye'll be in tough spot should this ring be slippin' on me finger, as would that boss o' bargains ye kneel for.

Ye an' yer master be doin' what I say, or ye'll be seein' an axe-blade out the corner o' yer eye as it makes ye two.

Where be the statues?"

Navarre
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »

Silence holds sway for a moment from beyond the walls. Those very walls shake as the mansion is struck again from without by the attacking Einshar.

Then a portion of the wall fades to reveal, not a bed chamber, but a surreal landscape of orange sky lit over expanses of cold rock. You recognize Mandrinvale, home of Maldomkin, and realize you stand at the precipice of that unforgiving dimension.

But hat is not the most starting realization before your eyes. Standing next to the grim-masked Evanard Blackthere is a towering figure.

It must be Maldomkin but it is not the withered and wasted god you met in Mandrinvale not so long ago. His form is wiry but robust, regarding you with ancient eyes. But it is his silhouette that brings you pause.

The Lord of Bargains has been somehow transformed into a Hare, some nine feet in height. His rabbit ears fold down his back, as do dark wings. His weapon goes untouched in his scabbard in favor of a glowing orb of light in his left hand paw.

At his waist hangs a lantern, reminiscent of the lanterns used by the Soul Brokers. From within, similar glows illuminate the artifact as Maldomkin speaks.

"So. Here we are."

"I dare say I must look a trifle different than when last we met in Mandrinvale. I was sick then, devoid of the spiritual energy required to even rise from my chair."

"Yet you have done me a great service in restructuring time. Though Mandrinvale, existing outside all time and space, was unaffected, Ashearea was changed to a world where I had never been forced to split my soul among the billion Hare to keep informed of the workings of the world."

"Consequently, all the many fragments of my soul were released to flow back into me. I am revitalized, though I admit I was not expecting that the long period of time my soul had been connected to the Hare would alter my form quite so much."

"But it is not my form that is in question, is it, but the form of the universe to come. We have a mutual enemy in the Einshar while any of our fates under the Primordial, if released, is debatable."

"You are prepared to take on the power of a god through the rings and I say, do it. Better we each deal with the devils we know than the gods we do not."
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »

"'Ow am I to be knowin' this not be one o' yer Trix?

Sure'n ye be a silly rabbit that be takin' me for a fool.

When the Lord o' Bargains agrees to somethin' wit'out a bargain I can'ta 'elp but raise an eyebrow.

That be leadin' me to think ye either be out o' ideas an' close to yer death at the 'ands o' yer brothers an' sisters, or ye'll be makin' gains if'n I wear the ring.

Sure'n the slip o' a ring on me finger be takin' only a moment. Long 'nough to see what yer kin would do to ye, an' still leave time for me to do the deed.

Sure'n my time be a bit longer than yers, mate."

Navarre
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »

Maldomkin seems patient, though perhaps he is far from it as the time of the Einshar's breach draws nigh. You hear a resounding explosion that you believe may have removed part of a roof or wall somewhere by the way the mansion shakes around you.

"Oh, there must always be a bargain. Always."

"For my part of things, I ask that you spare my life and that of my loyal servants, allowing us to remain unhindered in our pursuits so long as we do not physically harm anyone currently present in this room, in exchange for keeping that part of the bargain set by you. Name your terms."
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2012, 01:24:32 PM »

"Terms? Hohoho.

I'll be sittin' back an' watchin' the other gods kill the lot o' ye 'fore I join wit' ye.

Ye tell us where the statues are an' take yer chances wit' ma an' pa.

Only deal that'll be made 'ere."

Navarre
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2012, 01:28:15 PM »

Evanard interjects.

"They'll kill us all, you imbecile! You may give us the rings or use them for yourselves. But if you intend to follow through with your foolish attempt to free the Primordial, we will kill you before the Einshar have the chance and remove the rings from your corpse!"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »

"Hohoho, aye, an' that be workin' so well for the lot o' ye so far."

Navarre
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2012, 01:36:40 PM »

Evanard looks to his master.

"My Lord, the Einshar are upon us. We should retreat, waiting for a moment when we may again strike from the shadows at our foes."

Maldomkin considers, then shakes his head.

"No. This game has indeed drawn out for too long."

"Kill them all."

{Grid and Initiative for Round 1}

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: