Major Spoilers Forum
August 31, 2014, 01:29:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50
  Print  
Author Topic: Eclipsed "OOC THREAD"  (Read 33327 times)
Navarre
« Reply #720 on: January 03, 2013, 07:28:10 AM »

Rev is correct.

However, I instituted a couple of home brew rules to make skills a little easier in 3.5.

I consider all skills "class skills" (for PCs and NPCs). One simply has to be able to explain it in their back story.

Why couldn't there be a group of Wizards who live on the plains, using their expert equestrian skills to unleash spells from the backs of their horses? I don't see why Ride, for example, has to be cross-class based on character class if it can be explained.

The same goes with Feats. If that same Wizard wants to take Mounted Combat, so be it.

I don't like stereotypes.   Cool
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 03, 2013, 07:49:34 AM »

Well, feats are completely open. The only time feats are restricted is when they are bonus feats (Fighters get Combat feats, Wizards get metamagic/item creation feats, Ranger combat styles, etc.).
Navarre
« Reply #722 on: January 03, 2013, 08:14:40 AM »

Some Feats are not completely open. For example, if you look at Greater Weapon Specialization one of the prerequisites is that you are Fighter level 12.
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 03, 2013, 06:56:28 PM »

Well yeah, Weapon Specialization and feats requiring things like Turn Undead aren't really open, but that's like saying that Item Creation feats aren't open because you have to be a spellcaster. Anyone can take any feat they meet the qualifications for.
Navarre
« Reply #724 on: January 09, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »

Just as an update of no updates, I e-mailed Strifeter recently. I told him we'd wondered where he'd been and hoped all was well.

No reply as of yet.  Undecided
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 09, 2013, 11:10:07 AM »

I hope he's okay... Sad

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Navarre
« Reply #726 on: January 09, 2013, 11:11:54 AM »

Me too. He was a regular around here, even with a few prolonged absences. I don't know what happened.   Huh
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 10, 2013, 08:54:20 PM »

Strifeter come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Strifeter come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't play without you

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 10, 2013, 09:02:54 PM »

*snapping fingers* Bravo.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #729 on: January 11, 2013, 01:18:03 PM »

Ho hum

http://qkme.me/3sj4st

Extremes are always wrong.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #730 on: January 25, 2013, 11:07:13 AM »

This sucks! I miss RPing on these forums. I miss hanging with people in game who I have come to consider friends.

I don't have a solution; I simply don't have enough time to adequately DM a game, nor do I think I have the skill to do so effectively; I just wanted to share my frustration and, hopefully, get a dialogue going about a possible solution.

Navarre
« Reply #731 on: January 25, 2013, 11:12:55 AM »

I feel your pain, man. The forums seemed pretty much dead except for all the times you and I, and a select few others, were making threads. Of course Shadow War kept things happening here in this section.

I saw Strifeter online the other day and IMed him. He said he'd been busy and would be starting things back up that very day. ... That was maybe a week or two ago.

So this thread has become only the thread to vent frustration. You're in the right place.

I wish I had a solution. I really do.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: January 25, 2013, 11:19:10 AM »

I'd be happy if we could get a post every couple of days or so from the DM. I think our players are dedicated enough to fill in gaps and make the game, at least, enjoyable. But this whole "wait and see" which is way more waiting than seeing is more frustrating than if the game were just canceled by the DM.

In keeping with Rev's song motif,

"Strif don't really love us,
He just keeps us hanging on"

sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: January 25, 2013, 11:22:28 AM »

We need a new campaign with a new DM until/unless Strifeter gets back. Just doesn't seem like we have anyone with enough time to volunteer, which gives me a sad.
Navarre
« Reply #734 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26:42 AM »

I wish I could run another campaign. But I'm working on moving to a different state and really have no time to invest in proper DMing.

One of my irl friends even said he had time to play in an PbP game during the day and was looking for one. Sadly, we seem to have all Players and no DM.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50
  Print  

Jump to: