Major Spoilers Forum
August 20, 2014, 09:38:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50
  Print  
Author Topic: Eclipsed "OOC THREAD"  (Read 32641 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: December 20, 2012, 10:22:26 AM »

Okay, I'm off to do my daily work routine of feeding and cleaning up after our dogs. I'll be AFK till about 3 pm CST. Take care guys!

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 20, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »

*puts on rules nerd glasses*

Well, you'd have to be a high enough level to cast Flame Arrow (5 for Wizard, 6 for Sorcerer), have the spell available to you (either in spellbook for a wizard or known for a Sorcerer), the creation would take one day (eight hours of crafting), cost 30 XP and 375 gold.
Navarre
« Reply #587 on: December 20, 2012, 10:26:31 AM »

I always house ruled out the XP cost. Although I'm sure it's designed to give the player pause before making too many goodies, why the hell would a wizard lose XP for making a magic item?? If anything they should gain XP from working in their chosen craft.

I always just excluded the XP cost altogether to keep it fair.
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #588 on: December 20, 2012, 10:30:29 AM »

Ok I have a question that requires my fellow nerds to help me out. If i were to take Brew potion at 3rd level to be able to make various potions how does one go about making Flame Arrow Oil? I always got confused about the crafting my own stuff part of the game.

Never hesitate to ask a question. We love answering those damned things Smiley

I agree with the whole house rule thing.

In my experience, finding the time to do such time laborious things is rare.

Either way, its a DM question.

Extremes are always wrong.
GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 20, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »

I think the idea was that they were infusing their essence into the item to keep the magic viable and active, but yeah, I never liked that part of things.

Another thing I like about Pathfinder, they did away with the XP cost for item creation.

Edit - I forgot in the last post that if you have the spell available through a scroll or something, you can use that and not need it in your spellbook or spells known.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:32:16 AM by GeorgeDubya » Logged
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 20, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »

Would the Arrows still only be enchanted for 1 hour or with the Oil do the effects last longer? I'm thinking of my Sorc using a Crossbow and busting out the spells when shit gets real. Having Flaming cross bow bolts add to the whole thinking he's a god because he can create fire thing I'm going for.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 20, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »

The oil would last till used, but once used it would only last the same length of time as the spell itself would have.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 20, 2012, 10:36:10 AM »

Well that seems silly to use a feat just for that purpose when I'll have the spell anyway. Maybe I'll just have to get my hands on a Flaming Crossbow (I'm looking at you Strifere).

Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 20, 2012, 10:38:42 AM »

I hate XP cost for things. Never count it as something in my game.  Grin

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #594 on: December 20, 2012, 10:39:44 AM »

Strifeter, you have two soulless squeezed into W16? Did the one already there intend to step south?
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 20, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »

Well that seems silly to use a feat just for that purpose when I'll have the spell anyway. Maybe I'll just have to get my hands on a Flaming Crossbow (I'm looking at you Strifere).

A +1 flaming crossbow works to count for your magic item. You can have it.

Strifeter, you have two soulless squeezed into W16? Did the one already there intend to step south?

No they are occupying the same spot. They plan to help each other climb onto the roof.

Navarre
« Reply #596 on: December 20, 2012, 10:42:47 AM »

Ah, mighty coordinated for such lumbering foes. Adrien can't see them doing that though so Aurelia's on her own.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 20, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »

A +1 flaming crossbow works to count for your magic item. You can have it.

Flaming Crossbow works it's also a little less OP then the Necklace of Fireballs I had my eye on.

Can I have the Crossbow tied to my back story as something I think I created?

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 20, 2012, 10:45:08 AM »

Ah, mighty coordinated for such lumbering foes. Adrien can't see them doing that though so Aurelia's on her own.

He said they were soulless not mindless... DUN DUN DUUUUUUUH!!!!
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 20, 2012, 10:45:42 AM »

Hehe, just because they are souless does not mean they don't have tactics. Yet again another clue.

(I think I am going to have to be more subtle.  Tongue)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 50
  Print  

Jump to: