Major Spoilers Forum
August 27, 2014, 08:15:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: My comic book....  (Read 12354 times)
_brad_
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2012, 01:03:27 PM »

Finished! I might do a couple of touch ups before I ship, but looks good to me right now. Time for bed running on 3 hours of sleep.

Navarre
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2012, 07:07:52 AM »

That is outstanding, Brad! Great job on the inks.

I also like that the females don't all have interchangeable bodies and faces. Too many artists draw females that would be indistinguishable if not for the costumes and hair.

Very nice!
_brad_
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2012, 02:46:03 PM »

Thanks man, I am really happy with this drawing, I made some minor changes to it, can you tell what I did?

Navarre
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2012, 02:55:14 PM »

I made some minor changes to it, can you tell what I did?

Is this one of those "Can you spot the 5 differences in this drawing?" kind of thing? I'm terrible at those. lol

The last posted image looks better. I think the inks provide more depth. That is especially evident in the stone wall.

But otherwise, sorry, I'm really bad at that sort of thing.
_brad_
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:08 PM »

Well I darked up the back round a bit to make the foreground pop out a bit more, it looked really flat in real life, the pictures do not do it justice, I think it will become clean on the hi rez scan. I also added some high lights for the stained glass window, on Doom, Spider woman and Scarlet Witch.

Navarre
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2012, 03:18:30 PM »

Also, kudos for not having Wolverine in the picture.  Wink
_brad_
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »

lol, thanks

_brad_
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2012, 04:05:12 PM »

Hi Res Scan. More art coming soon.

Navarre
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2012, 06:40:12 PM »

Super Nice!

Man, I wish I had enough money to commission you to draw some epic level D&D characters for me.
_brad_
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2012, 09:18:05 PM »

If you get some free Christmas cash, you can get some as your Christmas gifts to yourself! Cheesy Merry Christmas everyone!

Navarre
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2012, 04:13:10 PM »

How do you charge for commissions again? Is it based on size of illustration or detail of work or number of characters or what?

For example, if I wanted a good-sized (11'x17" or larger) illustration of maybe 10 epic level D&D characters, providing detailed descriptions to you, how much of my worldly possessions and children would I have to sell to afford it?  Smiley
_brad_
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »

How do you charge for commissions again? Is it based on size of illustration or detail of work or number of characters or what?

For example, if I wanted a good-sized (11'x17" or larger) illustration of maybe 10 epic level D&D characters, providing detailed descriptions to you, how much of my worldly possessions and children would I have to sell to afford it?  Smiley
If you wanted 1 character per page in a normal type of pose, like standing there or small action, it would be 50 a page because of no backgrounds or minimal backgrounds. But of you wanted to do several characters at ones in a specific part of the story, or action (like the doom pic) i would do 125. The more details the longer it takes to draw, which means more money. But I will not give you half assed work.

Navarre
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2012, 05:50:42 PM »

I was thinking of a group shot but not so much action as "ready for action". The background would be whatever you wanted, or nothing more than a nice color maybe.

Which also brings up the question of color. Do you color your work? So far I think I've only seen pencils and inks.
_brad_
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »

I used to color my work, but I find is very difficult because i am color blind, so I use tone greys. But I know a professional colorist, and if you want that done, it could be arranged, I am not sure how much he charges.

Navarre
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2012, 06:07:06 PM »

Hmm. Well, from business experience, the more individuals that have to be paid for something, the higher the overall price. But I would ultimately want a color work suitable for framing.

I would be willing to consider accepting the inked piece alone though if you would be willing to adjust the price to accommodate the lack of available coloring from you and in the spirit of Major Spoilers unity.  Smiley

I like your work and would like to find a balanced agreement that benefits both of us.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: