Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 09:38:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]
  Print  
Author Topic: "ECLIPSED" Character development thread  (Read 16795 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: December 23, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »

Lol you've help me plenty you're not a hack just not well coordinated. Wink I think I've about got my character all set and short of flipping stats around to hold more weight and trading the flaming crossbow for a bag of holding i think i'm just gonna roll with the light cross bow.

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 24, 2012, 08:39:06 AM »

I could use some help, as well please. How do I share with you, Navarre?

Oh, and Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Navarre
« Reply #452 on: December 24, 2012, 08:59:29 AM »

If you have your character sheet in googledocs, you can click on the Share button at the top right and add me by email at navarre2001@gmail.com

Why isn't the DM doing this? Whyyyy?? I'm doing all the grunt work but I don't get the fun of killing anyone.  Cheesy
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 24, 2012, 09:02:58 AM »

Thanks, Navarre. I might not get around to it today, but I'll try.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Navarre
« Reply #454 on: December 24, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »

off-topic (but for something to talk about), one of the PCs in the irl game I'm running died last night. It was the PC Bard played by indelikatt.

She got hit with a quivering palm strike from an insane Monk and failed her fortitude save. It was tragic.

Even more tragic is that in my world Resurrection spells and such do not function because there is no afterlife, only reincarnation. Her PC's soul had already been reborn into a random halfling child somewhere else in the world.

But one of my friends, playing a Wizard, has a powerful artifact. He bargained with a sentient force that is the party's arch-nemesis and final villain to retrieve the soul and resurrect the PC.

The price was that not only did he kill the newborn child in the process but he had to give a life as well; someone whom he loved. He sacrificed the life of his mother, the only person who had cared for him in his life.

Lots of good emotion and RP going on in that game last night.
Navarre
« Reply #455 on: December 24, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »

The post above should have, at best, gone into the Eclipsed OOC Thread (not that it belongs anywhere at all). I wasn't very awake when I wrote it. Sorry.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 24, 2012, 10:00:52 AM »

The post above should have, at best, gone into the Eclipsed OOC Thread (not that it belongs anywhere at all). I wasn't very awake when I wrote it. Sorry.

Just reading your post I could feel how moving it was. It's not something you often are able to achieve with a PBP style game but we all strive for that amount of feeling in any game we invest time into. When real emotions enter into a game that is little more than fantasy and imagination it's truly a wonderful experience for everyone involved.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 24, 2012, 10:15:16 AM »

^^ I know the game you were referring too is a IRL game not a PBP game but when I reread it I see it may not have came across that way.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 24, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »

Why isn't the DM doing this? Whyyyy?? I'm doing all the grunt work but I don't get the fun of killing anyone.  Cheesy

Because you're good enough you're smart enough and doggonit people like you.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 24, 2012, 10:11:23 PM »

Oh, and Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

Now that my character is done and all i need is to come up with a back story which I'm waiting for our wonderfully overly present DM to give me a guideline for (unless Strifeter decides to let me have free run with my character's back story). I am also able to help if you should need any. My email is addkid1986@gmail.com I've had to reread all the rules since I'm so use to how 4e runs so I've got a pretty good handle on things now.

Navarre
« Reply #460 on: December 25, 2012, 08:06:41 AM »

Strifter gave me, sab, and katt free run with our back stories. We still gave him everything to be approved but not only did he accept everything but he worked our back stories into the plot (or at least I know he did with mine).

So if you haven't written up your back story yet, I would do so an e-mail it to Strifeter for review.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 25, 2012, 09:44:48 AM »

In the personal message strifeter sent me part of what he said "we need to work out a back story" I took that to mean he wanted to have a slight hand in it. I've pretty much got the back story worked out in my mind as to how my character came to be.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 28, 2012, 05:48:16 AM »

I just sent my back story to strifeter. Maybe the apocalypse was just very selective in who it took and that's why strifeter has been gone. I'm not saying it's likely but you never know.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]
  Print  

Jump to: