Major Spoilers Forum
July 30, 2014, 02:13:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
  Print  
Author Topic: "ECLIPSED" Character development thread  (Read 16973 times)
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 20, 2012, 11:54:24 PM »

Here's what I've got so far for my character:

Name: Heian Galanodel
Lvl/Race/Class: Level 1 Elf Wizard (Conjurer (Forbidden from Necromancy and Illusion schools)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Ability Scores: Strength 10 (+0)
                    Dexterity 15 (+2)
                    Constitution 13 (+1)
                    Intelligence 17 (+3)
                    Wisdom 13 (+1)
                    Charisma 11 (+0)
Starting HP: 5
Starting hit die: 1d4
Spells: Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Summon Monster I, Obscuring Mist, Shocking Grasp, Identify
Familiar: Bat (Name: Winona)
Starting Skill Points: 20
Skills: Decipher Script 3
        Diplomacy 4
        Knowledge (arcana) 3
        Knowledge (nature) 4
        Listen 2
        Spellcraft 4
Feats: Spell Focus (Conjuration school)

A still-young Elven mage with a happy-go-lucky attitude, Heian is driven to discover the wonders of the world both natural and arcane. He is never without the company of his little brown bat Winona. His clothes are simple, beige cloth pants, leather sandals and a blue jerkin, adorned with a forest green hooded cloak. A leather belt with a number of pouches wraps around his waist, and a knapsack containing his spellbook and writing tools hang along his left thigh. A scabbard holding a simple longsword hangs at his side. He has charcoal black hair that flows past his shoulders, and his hazel eyes sparkle with green flecks. On his right ear is a single, circular earring from which his beloved Winona hangs, her doleful brown eyes facing forward so as to distract observers while Heian stares at leisure. Winona's favortite food is fresh strawberries, which is adorable to Heian seeing as she ends up looking like she wears ruby-red lip rouge after especially juicy ones. Though he is trained in the magic arts, his free-spirited and easy-going nature lead to daydreaming and a bit of procrastination, leading others to view him as scatter-brained, much to Winona's amusement.

Any good?

I'm gonna swap out Diplomacy for Concentration (which I think is better for Conjurers)

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2012, 05:33:28 AM »

Concentration is good for any spell caster in case you get whacked in combat.

Navarre
« Reply #437 on: December 21, 2012, 07:37:35 AM »

Concentration is good for any spell caster in case you get whacked in combat.

Assuming Strifeter remembers to use that rule. I consistently see DM's forget to have a caster make a Concentration check when they take damage while casting a spell.

Here's hoping, right?  Wink
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 21, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »

Wouldn't that be the MOST used rule against casters?  I know I'd utilise it always.  I remember when playing balders gate that was my default move.  Pause game, target caster with ranged party members, cross fingers.

Navarre
« Reply #439 on: December 21, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »

I agree it should be. I guess often DMs forget because of all the other stuff going on in the fight.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 22, 2012, 06:23:41 AM »

Today is my big moving days so i wont be on much. Nav can you double check my character sheet. I tried to PM you a copy just to make sure i didn't miss anything.

Strifeter I need a Ruleing on Rapid Reload to know if the light cross stands or if i can upgrade it to the repeating crossbow that i want.

Navarre
« Reply #441 on: December 22, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »

Nav can you double check my character sheet. I tried to PM you a copy just to make sure i didn't miss anything.

I had tried to look at the character sheet right after you sent me the link. But it said I did not have permissions to view it.

I think you may not have shared me on the document. There's a setting for that on the upper right.

I had requested access to the sheet so it should have sent you a message. But I just checked and I still don't have permissions. Sorry.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 22, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »

Nav can you double check my character sheet. I tried to PM you a copy just to make sure i didn't miss anything.

I had tried to look at the character sheet right after you sent me the link. But it said I did not have permissions to view it.

I think you may not have shared me on the document. There's a setting for that on the upper right.

I had requested access to the sheet so it should have sent you a message. But I just checked and I still don't have permissions. Sorry.

I'm kind of new to google docs my first time playing with them actually. I just added you to the list so you should be able to view it now. Things were a little heacktic today and my HDMI cable is being stupid so my monitor keeps going out. I know what I'm going to be buying tomorrow.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 22, 2012, 10:42:34 PM »

Well boo. I just read the reqs for arcane archer which I thought about going for prestige class and unless strifeter feels like waving half of the prereq's that's just not going to happen. What else is a good Prestige class for a Sorc that's runs around with a crossbow?

Navarre
« Reply #444 on: December 23, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »

Rev,

I would suggest noting down how many spells you can use per day of each level and have somewhere to record their use. Also, I would note the Difficulty Class (DC) for your opponent's saves against a given spell level.

Also, unless I am having a brain glitch, your flat-footed AC is without Dexterity and your Touch AC is without armor. I think you might have those two ACs reversed?

Lastly, you should have one Feat as a first level non-human character plus Alertness as a bonus Feat for being a goblin.

I notice you have no food or water on you at all. That's gotta suck by dinner time.  heh

And, where you messed up the macros on your sheet for encumbrance, you are going to have a hard time keeping track of your current Load and Move speed. Move speed is important, especially as you are a physically weak character who is small.

I still suggest fixing that sheet. I could maybe do it for you tomorrow if I get time. (Why do I keep feeling like the DM?  Roll Eyes )
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 23, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »

I've never played a game where food was an issue but each DM is different. I'll be sure to stuff some in my pack.

I did for get about adding Alertness and for my feat i was still waiting to hear back from Strifeter about Rapid Reload for my crossbow.

I have my own hand written version of my character sheet at home (feels redundant saying that) that has my SPD count on it. Totally for got to write down my spells save DC.

For encumbrance I'm currently carrying a light load so I'll be fine as long as i don't gain 3lbs worth of equip.

I'll double check the Touch and Flat Foot AC it's possible i switched them I was trying to do a lot between moving and the #'s all start running together.

My skill macros for the skills I'm trained in i also messed up. I originally put the ranks in the total column but those will only go up by 1 point per level.

Thanks for checking into that for me I'll work on it when I have a spare moment later today.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 23, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »

Again forgive my ignorance but my light load speed would be 30 ft my medium and heavy load speed would be 20 feet but i can't run as far with a heavy load correct? My run speed drops from x4 to x3?

Navarre
« Reply #447 on: December 23, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »

You are a Small character with a Strength of 8 (adjusted). So...

Light Load = 0-26 lbs (Move speed 20)
Medium Load = 27-53 lbs (Move speed 15)
Heavy Load = 54-80 lbs (Move speed 15)

Lift ability (over head): 80lbs
Lift ability (off ground only): 160 lbs. (lose Dex bonus and move at 5'/round as full-round action)
Drag ability: 400 lbs.

The other effects of your Load will be:

Light Load: No penalty, Run speed (straight line) x5
Medium Load: max Dex mod +3, skill check penalties (STR based skills) -3, Run speed (Straight line) x4
Heavy Load: max Dex mod +1, skill check penalties (STR based skills) -6, Run speed (Straight line) x3

Being so small and physically weak, you will want to be very careful about how much you carry.

How did Adrien get around all that? Why, with his loyal (pack) dog, Tar, of course.  Wink
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 23, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »

Goblins Speed is 30 even though he's small and the Loads you have listen are for a Medium creature not a Small creature.

My light load is 19.5
Medium load 39.75
Heavy Load 60

Which with my newly added food and Water in my New back pack i'm currently sitting at 19.5 even which means I still qualify as having a Light Load.

Navarre
« Reply #449 on: December 23, 2012, 12:07:19 PM »

Oh, I should have checked the goblin's move speed before I posted anything. Yeah, don't pay any attention to me. I'm a hack.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
  Print  

Jump to: