Major Spoilers Forum
September 01, 2014, 01:32:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31
  Print  
Author Topic: "ECLIPSED" Character development thread  (Read 17802 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 20, 2012, 02:45:27 PM »

Heavy Crossbows Take a Full round to load 1 bolt. Repeating Crossbows take a Full round to load 1 clip.

Rapid reload drops a Heavy Crossbow to a Move Action to reload.

That's why i'm asking if it can be house ruled onto a Repeating Crossbow to also use a Move action to reload with the Rapid Reload feat.

Navarre
« Reply #421 on: December 20, 2012, 02:50:05 PM »

Yeah, I don't see anything to that effect. But that isn't to say a house rule couldn't be used. It's not a huge deal, imo.

You'd have 5 rounds to reload as a free action then one round to reload the clip as a move action. That's what you're asking for, right?
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 20, 2012, 02:54:44 PM »

Yep. Basically it's so that when i Hit level 12 and can attack twice with a weapon and still do 1d8 damage.

With a Heavy crossbow i wouldn't be able to attack twice in 1 round because of the reload action.

Repeating Crossbows get a free reload (as long as there is another bolt in the clip)

If i get a no it's not a big deal I'll just drop down to a light Crossbow and take Rapid reload. But my damage will drop to 1d6 because i'm small.

Navarre
« Reply #423 on: December 20, 2012, 02:57:49 PM »

(nods)

Hopefully Strifeter will approve it for you.
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 20, 2012, 07:34:48 PM »

Here's what I've got so far for my character:

Name: Heian Galanodel
Lvl/Race/Class: Level 1 Elf Wizard (Conjurer (Forbidden from Necromancy and Illusion schools)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Ability Scores: Strength 10 (+0)
                    Dexterity 15 (+2)
                    Constitution 13 (+1)
                    Intelligence 17 (+3)
                    Wisdom 13 (+1)
                    Charisma 11 (+0)
Starting HP: 5
Starting hit die: 1d4
Spells: Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Summon Monster I, Obscuring Mist, Shocking Grasp, Identify
Familiar: Bat (Name: Winona)
Starting Skill Points: 20
Skills: Decipher Script 3
        Diplomacy 4
        Knowledge (arcana) 3
        Knowledge (nature) 4
        Listen 2
        Spellcraft 4
Feats: Spell Focus (Conjuration school)

A still-young Elven mage with a happy-go-lucky attitude, Heian is driven to discover the wonders of the world both natural and arcane. He is never without the company of his little brown bat Winona. His clothes are simple, beige cloth pants, leather sandals and a blue jerkin, adorned with a forest green hooded cloak. A leather belt with a number of pouches wraps around his waist, and a knapsack containing his spellbook and writing tools hang along his left thigh. A scabbard holding a simple longsword hangs at his side. He has charcoal black hair that flows past his shoulders, and his hazel eyes sparkle with green flecks. On his right ear is a single, circular earring from which his beloved Winona hangs, her doleful brown eyes facing forward so as to distract observers while Heian stares at leisure. Winona's favortite food is fresh strawberries, which is adorable to Heian seeing as she ends up looking like she wears ruby-red lip rouge after especially juicy ones. Though he is trained in the magic arts, his free-spirited and easy-going nature lead to daydreaming and a bit of procrastination, leading others to view him as scatter-brained, much to Winona's amusement.

Any good?

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 20, 2012, 07:55:15 PM »

I like it though since in game i wont know most of this i'll pretend i didn't read it. Is there a part of Evoc you plan to spend more time with. Shock, Ice or Fire? I know a good Spellcaster is well rounded but my sorc is going to be a bit more focused on 1 type of damage and I'd rather like to avoid always having the same spells.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 20, 2012, 08:06:29 PM »

Probably Shock, since lightning is more natural of a destructive element (can be seen in any temperature, for example)

The cool thing is, with my Bat familiar, Elf race, and Wis mod, I have a +8 to Listen checks, which is awesome! Wink

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 20, 2012, 08:11:31 PM »

Cool I want to be more fire based. When a fire spell comes up that you want just let me know. There are plenty of other things for my character to choose from.

Also don't forget to add your ability mods to your Skills.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 20, 2012, 08:26:14 PM »

Yeah, I need Strife's help with the char sheet, the tiny text is hard to read.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 20, 2012, 08:32:05 PM »

I had to draw my character up on a spare work sheet before i could start putting stuff in the tables that he has. I've ruined a few parts of the Macros but I just did the math my self for those. Some things I'm still not sure on. I'll have to submit a copy to Strifeter and Nav so that they can check to make sure it's legit.

Navarre
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2012, 08:34:59 PM »

You should still have the blank sheet Strifeter sent you, right? The macros make life a lot easier and more accurate, especially as you advance in levels.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »

The sheet he sent me i just started editing. I've put a lot on there and would have to hit undo till i was blue in the face to fix it. I only really messed up the macros for my trained skills.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2012, 09:15:14 PM »

He's a fun question I should ask now cause i doubt i've ever done this right. So Strifeter game me a +1 Flaming Crossbow With my bab at 0 A +4 dex and a +1 size +1 for masterworked and last but not least a +1 because of the enhancment correct?

that would give me a +7 to my attack rolls. Now for crits it is a 19-20/2

Assuming this is a light crossbow for now how does the damage get multiplied when i crit.

Light cross bow is 1d6 i get a +1 for the enchant and 1d6 fire.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2012, 09:50:17 PM »

He's a fun question I should ask now cause i doubt i've ever done this right. So Strifeter game me a +1 Flaming Crossbow With my bab at 0 A +4 dex and a +1 size +1 for masterworked and last but not least a +1 because of the enhancment correct?

that would give me a +7 to my attack rolls. Now for crits it is a 19-20/2

Assuming this is a light crossbow for now how does the damage get multiplied when i crit.

Light cross bow is 1d6 i get a +1 for the enchant and 1d6 fire.

Never mind you can ignore this post i just Read the section on crits in the PHB took me a while to find it though.

GeorgeDubya
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2012, 11:20:06 PM »

+6 because Masterwork and Magic enhancement don't stack, but that's still darn good for a Sorcerer at level 1.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31
  Print  

Jump to: