Major Spoilers Forum
September 01, 2014, 08:56:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Night City of Heroes  (Read 3742 times)
tidge
Rootwalla

?

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2012, 09:19:53 PM »

I was shocked and saddened to hear that the entire City of... team was let go today, and the MMORPG will be shutting dowm.

It is all a Nemesis plot I tell you...
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:31:42 PM »

I'm surprised it took this long. Every other game in the genre has to settle with WoW being number 1, Guild Wars, Star Wars, and especially the DC game simply gave a cooler experience.

It was fun for the week or so I played it, though.

The legacy of the game is, sadly, probably going to be the Marvel lawsuit over the Wolverine claws Smiley

Extremes are always wrong.
Beta Ray Bill Cosby
Administrator
Snorkasaurus

Bill?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 11:34:31 PM »

I was shocked and saddened to hear that the entire City of... team was let go today, and the MMORPG will be shutting dowm.

It is all a Nemesis plot I tell you...

Alas, Nemesis has finally met its match. Azeroth.

AKA: Rodrigo
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 07:24:16 PM »

This makes me sad.  I've really had a lot more fun in CoH/CoV in the last year or so than I did in many previous years.  They added a lot of new content that made the game feel a lot more like a superhero story (most of it end-game content to gain new hybrid powers and new additional powers to the archtypes that have been asked for for ages).  Several people I know (myself included) have spent more time playing as a paying subscriber since it went free-to-play than we did before that because of all the new stuff that got added.

Pity they couldn't find some way to keep the game going.  The number of MMOs I actually enjoy just keeps getting smaller and smaller, either by closing down or losing the uniqueness by attempting to become WoW clones (When I want to play WoW, I'll just play WoW.  Thats why it is there.).

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 05:48:49 PM »

Thats pretty sad really I wish I had played more of it. It was a fun game when you had people to play with.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »

What is really starting to break my heart is all the petitions and campaigns to try to get other companies to to buy the game or otherwise convince NCSoft that they are making the wrong call.  As many MMOs as I've seen close, rarely has anything been saved. 

Patrick
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 03:14:25 PM »

That was my second MMPORG. Loved to be able to fly around the city. Sad
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 01:09:46 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/tzf6s.png

Extremes are always wrong.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 06:33:43 PM »

I kept getting ready to go in for one last hurrah yesterday, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  It actually triggered a panic attack (but to be fair it wasn't the sole factor, merely the trigger). 

This is the early images of one of my all-time favorite characters of mine, Oujo Senshi Kasei (which loosely translates to Warrior Princess Fireborn).  I'll have to dig through files to post a better image eventually.

I had completely expected ridicule for having a Sentai inspired hero since I often saw a lot of ridicule for Power Ranger inspired heroes back in the day.  But I was amazed at how many compliments I got.  She was a Broadsword Scrapper, so not only did her alternate costumes resemble "power-up modes", but so too would her sword improve with the various power-ups, including one of the Tier 9 VIP rewards that let her have flame wings and sword to really go with the Firebird/Phoenix motif.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: