Major Spoilers Forum
September 02, 2014, 09:08:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone still playing WoW?  (Read 1748 times)
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« on: August 18, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »

I just restarted the game as a Tauren.  A friend that does a podcast got me back in, and that happens to be the race she, her husband and their guild are. 
Is there anyone else playing this game?  Which levels? or characters?
Currently a level 7 Tauren Paladin named Slappytork.

It is very difficult to find any decent names I noticed.  Do they clear that cache after a few months of not playing?

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »

Do they clear that cache after a few months of not playing?

I don't think they have done that for a long time.  I haven't played actively in quite some time, but last time I had a free chance to play all my names were still there despite not having played in over two years. 

I wouldn't mind getting back in if I could afford it, but I swore I wouldn't play again until I got the expansion I didn't have (which has since become plural). 

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 05:33:47 PM »

They never clear the cash of names not even off of trial accounts because they are hopeful that someday you'll come back to the game. I stopped playing when SWTOR came out and then quickly came back after 3 months. Not because SWTOR was bad but the community of players seemed to be filled with even more elitist jerks then WOW. I'm not an expert and will never max out a character to do the best build and armor so that i can do the most damage possible because that's no fun for me. That being said I recently stopped playing wow because I picked up D&D and as a DM I spend more time invested in world building and preparing adventures and NPCs for my players and don't have as much time to play WOW. I also enjoy playing with people more and no one ever wants to wait to level up with a guy that can only play on Saturday and Sunday nights. I do have a few guys maxed out on both sides the servers i played on are Arthros I think for the Horder and Tanaris for the Alliance.

dantemarx
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 02:54:05 PM »

I am actually quite tempted to get back into the game, but I suspect that it would be a bad decision for me now, here in the last year or two of a PhD. I already distract myself quite effectively.
Patrick
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »

Oh how I remember some days when I was like research in the PhD...or maybe WoW.

I haven't played in forever, but I wouldn't mind trying a bit here and there. I find when I have any spare time I occasionally jump on SWTOR...love to meetup with some Spoilerites on there.

Also, used to do COH, Champions Online, etc but haven't been on in forever. Any recommendations there?
dantemarx
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 02:41:10 PM »

I went back for a week right before the release of Pandaria. I dunno, it felt like it had lost a lot of the appeal that it once held. Also, it was pretty depopulated in the parts I went to. I feel like a lot of people are playing very high level toons. So, I dunno, I didn't get a subscription, but I may come back one day.
StellarLeader
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 07:49:59 AM »

I'm still playing and I don't see me quitting in any near future. Since MoP release the game has been dangerously entertaining.
Playing with my level 85 tauren shaman to explore Pandaria, awesome.
Playing with my new tauren monk, amazing.
Playing pet battles with my draenei paladin (or any other toon), ridiculously fun.

There are so many things to do that is very hard to stop playing and get some sleep.

You definitely should try it!
Patrick
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 03:10:12 PM »

Hmmm. Haven't played since the release of Lich King, but might see if I can get back into it. Like the idea of pet battles
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 06:13:42 AM »

I relapsed. I've been playing for the last month. My comic book reading has suffered and my time spent doing other things on my computer is non existent. Damn you wow for being such a highly addictive MMO.

I found pet battles amusing but you'll need a well balanced team for PVP pet battles or you spend a lot of time fighting wild pets leveling them up so you can run the quest chain assossiatied with them. Also the random battle pets level scale with zones so the higher level the area the strong the pets you'll face.

Witention
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 08:43:13 AM »

It's popularity has declined in recent years, but it still has millions of players.

Is it fun? That's really up to the individual to decide. I enjoyed the PvP side of WoW the most and also professions. Everything else I found to be very grindy and linear.

That's just my opinion of course.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: