Major Spoilers Forum
August 28, 2014, 06:15:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A big announcement is coming soon! Visit Major Spoilers often to stay in the loop!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best titles of the various "families" of titles?  (Read 1898 times)
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2012, 02:55:40 PM »

There are characters that I like, but they have a bunch of different regular titles, and I'm never sure which one is the best to pick up. So, of the Spider-Man, Avengers, X-Men, Ultimate, Captain America, Hulk, etc "family" of comic titles, which titles are the best? Which would you recommend?
I'm definitly more of a DC guy, but I've been picking up Spider-Men, and I'm enjoying it. And as I've said before, I'm liking, if not quite loving, Avengers Vs X-Men, and Versus. Not to the extent I'm compelled to pick up any of the other tie-in titles though.

CatHaloMovies on FaceBook, @CatHaloMovies twitter.
dantemarx
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 04:44:53 PM »

I have been a fan of the Wolverine and the X-Men book. I like seeing the character of Wolverine so badly out of his element. It evokes a feeling similar to that seen in the Incredibles, wherein Mr. Incredible is working a white collar job but does not seem to fit.

I also picked up the new daredevil run and liked it. I considered getting the new Spidermann book that I keep hearing about but I am currently trade waiting.

Other than that, I haven't really been getting much from Marvel. The entire AvX plot line seemed silly to me, even with the reveal of the Fox Force Five to even out the imbalances in power level. Haven't really been following it.
rihannafox
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 04:06:44 AM »

I really like the avengers. They have superb stories and characters. I have enjoyed each one and almost never missed any.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: