Major Spoilers Forum
July 29, 2014, 05:55:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Characters you never got to play  (Read 6621 times)
Patrick
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 03:19:54 PM »

Having been out of the RP circuit for a while (decades?) but being a GM, I find myself coming up with back stories or ideas for characters at times. Really makes me wish I had time to play some super hero or Star Wars RP and run one to get all these character and story ideas out.

...and when I was playing many many years ago, we had to write-up stories for some games on our characters (bonus xp is a good motivator). I still have one from way back in the day. Smiley
Beren1
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 07:15:34 PM »

Lately I've been making characters that I would pitch if Rodrigo walked up to... called me on the phone and said I was in for the next season of Critical Hit.

So looking at what the party might need mechanically, I was thinking Torq is practically a striker anyway, so why not a defender that secondarily is a controller as far as movement and conditions as the aoe's part of contoller seems to be covered by Ket and Orem, while there isn't much forced movement going around. So anyway I ended up making a Shifter Warden that could control enemies adjacent and then keep them from getting away from him. Ideal for allies to hang back and burst away. Fun times.

AKA Alex
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »

I have even written short stories about some of these characters... yes, I'm THAT much of a geek  Grin

I've often worked characters that I never got a chance to play or that didn't fit in to the current game in to stories I worked on for other characters.  In a few instances, I've even merged characters together, including one such incident where it was almost literal (a clone of my main Star Wars character and three other DNA "donors", all of which were based on characters I never got a chance to play, and the clone had a mixture of some memories and skills of each.  Not expertise of any skills, more like a jack of all trades with a little knowledge of several skills). 

I've also used a fair few of the characters I only half finished creating as background characters in other stories as everything from a bartender, a wench, the minions of the main baddie and so on.  My goddaughter goes in to laughing fits when she notices a character she remembers me working on for one thing ending up in a story about another.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: