Major Spoilers Forum
August 28, 2014, 12:16:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 74- Where It All Began  (Read 14270 times)
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »

Tren has no words left that reach his lips only a direction. As his flight ring activates he barrels forward head first toward the leader of the murderous angels with only revenge in his eyes.

As he moves towards the unsuspecting tormentor Tren moves his shield in front of him activating its magical properties as a tower shield suddenly folds out of his small buckler.


{Trens suicide death charge of doom  Tongue

1d20+15=28 Hit vs flatfooted AC. Here we go.
Damage for a 200ft flying charge 21d6+2=69

Sneak attach damage for unsuspecting attack 8d6=28

Strength check for push 1d20+2=11.}


Tren releases no scream from the pain searing in his arm trying to hold fast against the angel. He only stares straight into its eyes.
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »

{Strength check to resist Falling Bull Rush, DC 11: 1d20+7=14. Fail. - - Doh! Almost a Critical Failure!  Smiley}

Like a dark missile borne of Hell and launched from the Heavens, Tren Moonstride appears from a suicide free-fall as he collides directly into the skull of Tandranara the Tormentor!

The Seraphim, most mighty of all the Host, manages to take the full impact without her great wings giving way. But it would have been far better for her had she fallen with the blow's momentum, using the five-hundred foot distance from the ground to lessen some of the damage.

Instead, her vaunted and instantaneous resistance to all foes has been her undoing. Tandranara takes the full brunt of the unsuspected attack, forged steel colliding with immortal bone.

The sound of the impact rings out across the sky like a great bell. Tandranara's skull explodes into nothing but shards, so much like those splinters of bone that are all that remains of Serena Kane.

The leader of Illumian's Anti-Seraphim does not cry out, for she cannot. She simply dies in a brilliant golden-red shower of blood and bone that covers everyone near her.


Tren, you are senseless, falling through blue ether toward oblivion. You and Tandranara's remains plummet from sight as you continue your now unimpeded plummet to certain death.
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »

Vinnrog blinks at the carnage he is witnessing, as do the rogue Angels that serve(d) Tandranara. Seeing he is too far away to involve himself in that event, he continues his attack on the closest Anti-Seraphim, now distracted by both his mistress's death and the blue eagle clawing at his flank.

{Flanking Rage Attack vs A-S, AC32: 1d20+16+5+3+2+2=32. Hit.}
{Damage: 1d12+4+2+3=15.}


The swing barely touches the Angel as his centuries of combat experience allow him to nearly avoid the blow. But the magical great axe catches him beneath his right wing, drawing a long gash of painful blood that showers into the morning sky.

Vinnrog moves W, W, W, W, W, W, NW, NW, NW (50ft) to Q32

Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »

Nephros watches her mortal enemy die at Tren's hands without pity. So too does the Angel of Death watch your stunned Elven friend fall toward the ground without compassion.

Instead, she regards her enemies, the Anti-Seraphim.

"Your Blade Barrier wreaked much havoc on your foes. Allow me to return the favor."

She casts Blade Barrier in a line across three of the Anti-Seraphim as ebony blades duplicate the whirling viciousness of the former golden ones.

{Caster check vs SR32: 1d20+17=24, 1d20+17=21, 1d20+17=21. All Fail.}

The Angels of Light are surprised but end up gloating at Nephros's attempt to harm them.

Anti-Seraphim moves SE (5 foot step) to I39
Anti-Seraphim moves SE (5 foot step) to K37
Anti-Seraphim moves SE (5 foot step) to E43


{Liv, your turn.}
Logged
chrysalis
Jim Morrison
********
Posts: 4687


View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2012, 09:10:01 PM »

I swoosh down to catch Tren, scouting out where I could best place his body after catching him.
Logged

Smile...it could be worse.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2012, 07:44:24 AM »

Liv, you dive toward the ground as fast as you can. Your wings fold behind you as you hurtle toward the falling form of Tren Moonstride.

The elf does not move nor make any indication of awareness. Your strong hands reach for his collar, slipping as the momentum pulls the fabric through your fingers.

You unfold your wings and give a single hard beat of them to rush back to Tren as he again falls away from you. You feel your arms slip under his this time as your wings unfold once more to steady you.

You catch him, less than a hundred feet from the ground. He stirs in your grasp, regaining consciousness.

It is only as you flap your wings to regain your altitude that you see the body of young Jackson Forge below you. He is lying face down on the ground; a great white pegasus next to him.

Blood covers them and seeps from their noses, ears, and mouths. Bones protrude from their skin at odd angles and their silhouette confirms fatal internal damage.

Two farmers, simple workers, stand next to the prone bodies. They stare up into the sun as the shadow of your Angelic form covers them.

You cannot take time to comfort or inform them as you know the battle rages on above. Your friends' lives are on the line, and without you, Jackson and Valor will not be the only casualties.


{Setting Liv and Tren as "invisible" as place holders until they return to the grid on Liv's initiative next round.}
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2012, 07:54:36 AM »

Across the way, Aphra snarls at the host leader as she flies into him.

"Damn you little bitches!" she curses at him as she swings overhand with her heavy nightcleaver.

{Attack 1 vs A-S, AC32: 1d20+25=36. Hit.}
{Attack 2 vs A-S, AC32: 1d20+21=33. Hit.}
{Attack 3 vs A-S, AC32: 1d20+16=36. Hit. Threat.}
{Crit Confirm: 1d20+16=18. Fail.}
{Attack 4 vs A-S, AC32: 1d20+11=20. Miss.}


{Damage: 1d10+13=19, 1d10+13=19, 1d10+13=19. 57 HP.}

The Anti-Seraphim yells in pain as his blood escapes his body in rapid fashion. Aphra spits in his face.

"I'm just getting started."

Aphra moves N (5 foot step) to L40

Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2012, 08:29:03 AM »

The Angels of Death elevate themselves over the spinning blade barrier to assess the battlefield. They fly to guard the flanks of their party from the advancing Host.

The flank guards of the Anti-Seraphim set into Sashca's Angels, striking with their glowing longswords.

{Attack 1 (3) vs AoD, AC32: 1d20+23=36, 1d20+23=33, 1d20+23=42. 3 Hits. 1 Threat.}
{Crit Confirm: 1d20+23=26. Fail.}
{Attack 2 (3) vs AoD, AC32: 1d20+18=27, 1d20+18=34, 1d20+18=33. 2 Hits.}
{Attack 3 (3) vs AoD, AC32: 1d20+13=24, 1d20+13=26, 1d20+13=19. All Miss.}
{Damage vs AoD 1: 2d6+13=18}
{Damage vs AoD 2: 2d6+13=24, 2d6+13=16, 2d6+13=18, 2d6+13=22. 71 HP.}


The Angel of Death on your northwest shrugs off a fair blow but his comrade to the northeast suffers far worse. Both look quite strong though, more angry than injured.

The Seraphim vie for position against each other; gold and white clashing with emerald and sable.

Meanwhile, farthest north, a warrior of Illumian sneers at the mighty Vinnrog Redclub before attacking him with his shining blade.

{Attack 1 vs Vinnrog, AC19: 1d20+23=33. Hit.}
{Attack 2 vs Vinnrog, AC19: 1d20+18=21. Hit.}
{Attack 3 vs Vinnrog, AC19: 1d20+13=28. Hit.}
{Damage: 2d6+13=18, 2d6+13=25, 2d6+13=15. 58 HP.}


Vinnrog bellows then laughs, blood flinging from his lips.

"Not enough!" he challenges.

At the same time, the Host leader attempts to return the favor against Aphra.

{Attack 1 vs Aphra, AC22: 1d20+23=31. Hit.}
{Attack 2 vs Aphra, AC22: 1d20+18=21. Miss.}
{Attack 3 vs Aphra, AC22: 1d20+13=32. Hit. Threat.}
{Crit Confirm: 1d20+13=26. Confirmed.}
{Damage: 2d6+13=15, 2d6+13=22. Total 57 HP.}


Aphra barks in pain but shakes it off.

"Please. You hit like my mother...and she was a hare."

Seraphim moves NW, NW, NW, NW, NW, NW, NW, NW, NW, NW, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N (115ft) to D45
Seraphim moves N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, N, NW, NW, NW, NW, NW, NW, NW (135ft) to N36
Anti-Seraphim moves SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE (180ft) to AH62
Anti-Seraphim moves E (5 foot step) to M37
Anti-Seraphim moves SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE, SE (180ft) to AG63
Anti-Seraphim moves SW, SW, SW, SW, S, S, S, S, S, S (60ft) to G47
Anti-Seraphim moves E (5 foot step) to M35
Anti-Seraphim moves S (5 foot step) to E44


As furious battle erupts among warring factions, two of Illumian's Angels suddenly fold their wings. They drop like falling boulders for some fifty feet before unfolding their wings once more, flying at their maximum speed as they punch straight down the middle of the battlefield and vector beneath the flying cloud castle.

At the same time, one of the Angels of Light moves into your lance range, Bedlor, as he closes on you.

{Bedlor has an AoO open on one Anti-Seraphim.}
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2012, 08:51:22 AM »

{Warsong AoO:

Attack1 (1-Handed)
Warsong 1d20+13+3+5[21]=35
Damage (1-Handed)
Warsong 1d8+3+5[8]=11
}
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2012, 09:15:07 AM »

The Angel of Light catches Warsong's strike full in the face. Though he remains in good health overall, the crunching sound made by his nose and teeth is most satisfying.

Meanwhile, Aldina Gilkerson turns her head to glare at the two Anti-Seraphim flying below her. Her gorgeous face is awash with tears and her sparkling white teeth almost froth with spittle as she yells at the rogue Angels.

"You killed Jackson! You monsters!!"

"You're not going anywhere! I'll kill you myself if I can!"


Her slender fingers extend down at her side as she pivots to face the Angels. A shimmering Forcecage appears about them, trapping them.

From within the barred cage, the Anti-Seraphim beat and test the invisible bars with their mighty strength but it avails them for nothing.


{Who's this guy? ... Oh yeah. T'Ning. It's been so long I forgot he was in the fight.  Wink

Your turn.}
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2012, 09:20:52 AM »

{Where does Valiant's update Init score put him in the order again?}
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2012, 09:25:19 AM »

{Where does Valiant's update Init score put him in the order again?}

{Aww, crap. It puts him between the Seraphim and the Anti-Seraphim.

I'm sorry, dude. I totally forgot.   Embarrassed

Please go ahead and move if you want. This may negate the earlier AoO on the one A-S but it's definitely your choice.

grrr at self}
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »

{No, no, I forgot just as much as you forgot.

To keep things easy let's just go with the order as it is on the grid, and we'll just update it for the next round. I want to keep the AoO and still keep the turn as it stands, and its just simpler this way. Its all good, no trouble here.}
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2012, 09:32:39 AM »

{As you wish. I've updated the Player listing in the grid below to reflect Vliant's proper Init mod for later round.}


{T'Ning, your turn.}
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:35:19 AM by Navarre » Logged
Lutharian
Dr. Connors
***
Posts: 315



View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2012, 03:47:19 PM »

T'Ning moves NE (Invisible) (5 foot step) to E46


{Attack, FoB, PBS, Raez Zhir Versus Anti-Seraphim(E44) VS AC32: 1d20+21+4=39, 1d20+21+4=40, 1d20+21+4=45, 1d20+21+4=43, 1d20+16+4=21, 1d20+11+4=17 4 hit, 1 critical}
{Critical roll verification: (without +4 morale boost) 1d20+21=25(miss) (with +4) 1d20+21+4=39(hit)}


{Damage: 1d2+8, 1d2+8,2d6=[2, 8], [1, 8], [5, 4], 1d2+8, 1d2+8,2d6=[1, 8], [2, 8], [6, 4], 1d2+8, 1d2+8,2d6=[2, 8], [2, 8], [6, 1], 1d2+8, 1d2+8,2d6=[1, 8], [1, 8], [3, 1]{Critical attack if succesful}  If Critical was successful Total damage is 128.  If unsuccessful 106.}

{Sorry for all the this then that stuff...wanted to cover my basses and keep the battle moving.  Wink}
Logged

Stand in the corner and scream with me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!