Major Spoilers Forum
April 18, 2014, 06:23:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 73- Crisis on Infinite Asheareas  (Read 12657 times)
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 04, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »

Tren places one arm over his chest and another outstretched to shake Aeriks.

"The guild of the Ark moon is what we will be called. The first plan of action is to return to my other comrades. We can equip and strategize about finding this princess there. Hold on to one another and I will bring us there."

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #361 on: May 04, 2012, 01:06:30 PM »

Aerik returns the outstretched hand.

"Truth, I am glad to meet someone who seeks the heart of the beast of war instead of hacking endlessly at its limbs. Scouts, to me," he says.

The scouts lock hands and join with you and Serena. The flight upward to the cloud is slow and unsteady, the rings not designed for such capacity. But, between you and Serena, you begin making your way into the sky.
chrysalis
Jim Morrison

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 04, 2012, 01:20:45 PM »

Nephros nods respectfully, though haughtily.

"The Defenders. I have heard of you; servants of my liege's nephews, Ferraki and Fjod."

"You others, I do not recognize. Hobgoblins from the southern forests and what appears to be Her Radiance Pontiff Rashai and Lord Commander Enghart."

"But your soul signatures are wrong. The dwarf, the Pontiff, these two half-orcs, and the Hound are as out of place as Liv."

"And there is some miasma of magical flux surrounding Liv, Her Radiance, the Lord Commander, this young Monk, the Vaadjori girl, and the Half-Folke with the hammer. Can anyone explain this?"

"We have come from a different universe, this Her Radiance and the Lord Commander from our world. We call them Bedlor and Moria. We are part of a prophecy said to fix things, if you will. Restore balance I guess, save the multi-verse, however you want to call it."

"We haven't even been on your world for a week. This is why we do not know the history of your world."

"We have faced great tragedy though on this world, including the man I was to marry. I died myself in the attack, as did Bedlor. That's when we spoke with Sashca. She let us come back to fulfill the prophecy."

"I wish I knew how to fulfill that prophecy though. I thought we had fulfilled it, but we ended up here still needing to fight.... still loosing the ones we love."

"I've heard that death can not stop true love though. It can only delay it for awhile. That's what I have to hold onto. Both myself and my love believed in the greater good being more important than our own lives. I simply want to complete this mission so I can have peace in my life, or in my death."

Smile...it could be worse.
Navarre
« Reply #363 on: May 04, 2012, 01:22:49 PM »

Meanwhile, on the upper side of the cloud, a squad of hobgoblin warriors are beginning to wonder why surrounding T'Ning six-on-one is not entirely in their favor.

The same right foot that delivered a crushing front snap kick to the hobgoblin in front of you whips back into a reverse hook kick without ever touching ground cloud. Your heel catches the hapless hobgoblin across his temple.

His helm protects him as you feel the sting of your flesh meet iron. But his headgear does not protect him nearly enough. He spins a full turn in place, his feet leaving him, as a pivoting left axe kick fells him unconscious.

The remaining hobgoblins make their best effort to strike you down. A quick flurry of blades come your way, turned to the flat.

{Hobgoblin attacks vs AC22: 1d20+1=17, 1d20+1=13, 1d20+1=14. All Miss.}

Tren, you and your new allies arrive to see the four Angels from earlier now hovering just off your cloud, spears held cautiously and the lead female speaks with Liv.

You also find T'Ning apparently sparring with your men for some reason, his third strike now taking a hobgoblin across the neck with an open-hand chop. They are not seriously hurt but half a squad already lies unconscious while Kofi looks on with some hint of amusement.

{End of Round 2.}
Navarre
« Reply #364 on: May 04, 2012, 01:33:14 PM »

Nephros ponders. She chooses her words carefully.

"In the time of the Primordial's reign, everything had its place. There was relative peace though nothing could seem to stave the ambition of either man or god."

"There is something missing in all of us, I think. It is a void of incompleteness that waits to be filled."

"I do not know what is missing, only the result of its absence. A void in us must be filled."

"The vacuum will not remain. Whether it is greed, power, lust, or some other manner of thing, we all seem to constantly be trying to achieve a state of being that is beyond us."

"Sashca might say that it does not matter; that Death will be the equalizer of all things. But, with greatest respect, I see only souls unfulfilled in life then able only to accept the finality of death."

"Unlike the mortals or even the gods, we Angels have the particular position of facing both sides of this conundrum. We engage the mortals and gods on equal measure, trying to fulfill what we believe to be our duty."

"But whether you would speak to the Primordial Host or our own Seraphim, I think you will find we are as lost as the rest of you. So then if not to man, angel, or god, where might any of us find spiritual peace?"

"I do not know the answer to this question. I am Nephros, the Angel of Death. I only know how to do what I was created to do."

"So, while I see no souls ready to face death's door, neither do I see reason to either aid nor hinder you."
Navarre
« Reply #365 on: May 04, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »

Kofi holds up his hands toward you, T'Ning, at the sight of Tren's return.

"Okay. Half my men down in seconds and you not a mark on skin. This not fight for hobgoblins to learn from 'cept to run away."

"Tren back now. Me call fight; you win."
Lutharian
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 04, 2012, 01:43:22 PM »

Kofi holds up his hands toward you, T'Ning, at the sight of Tren's return.

"Okay. Half my men down in seconds and you not a mark on skin. This not fight for hobgoblins to learn from 'cept to run away."

"Tren back now. Me call fight; you win."

T'Ning breathes softly, and smiles broadly at Kofi. "Your men are tuff.  I can tell they've been trained well. It was a pleasurable experience."  T'Ning centers himself, places his hands before him and bows respectfully.

Stand in the corner and scream with me.
Navarre
« Reply #367 on: May 04, 2012, 01:47:25 PM »

Rachel grins at you and offers a wink when none of the hobgoblins are watching. Though there was little hope for your opponents, she knows sometimes you just have to do something.

Aphra raises an eyebrow, though it's difficult to tell on a red-furred gnoll Hound from Hell.

"Sometime when we have time and you want a real challenge, let me know," she smiles, baring her white fangs in a good-natured challenge.
chrysalis
Jim Morrison

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 04, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »

"It intrigues me that you know your purpose in life, and what you were created to do. The Angel of Death. Perhaps if I knew what I was the Angel of, then maybe I would have more clarity on my purpose in life?"

"Tell me, the Angel that you said I looked like? What is she the Angel of in your world?"

Smile...it could be worse.
Lutharian
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 04, 2012, 03:43:19 PM »

Rachel grins at you and offers a wink when none of the hobgoblins are watching. Though there was little hope for your opponents, she knows sometimes you just have to do something.

Aphra raises an eyebrow, though it's difficult to tell on a red-furred gnoll Hound from Hell.

"Sometime when we have time and you want a real challenge, let me know," she smiles, baring her white fangs in a good-natured challenge.

T'Ning nods at Aphra, smiles and says, "I'll gladly take you up on that offer at a later time."

He stretches, walks over to Rachel, leans against her and sighs contently.

Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 04, 2012, 08:56:13 PM »

Tren frowning at his unconscious comrades.

"T'ning when I met you in my universe I found you rash and uncalculating but this proves to me that the T'ning I knew and yourself truly are one of a kind.

Did you for one second think about what you just did. How many members of this group died recently. How many of Engharts followers met their end already. Did you not stop to think that knocking people unconscious who are willing to help our cause just before we embarked on another question might be a bad idea? Do you think at all monk? Your kind are usually more thoughtful."

Tren looks at Kofi.

You and I will speak later.

Lutharian
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 04, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »

T'Ning lowers his eyes and looks down at the cloud. "Honestly Tren, I was just having fun.  They seemed to enjoy the opportunity, but thinking, not beyond honing my technique.  I didn't mean any harm, and they will come around soon enough."

Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 05, 2012, 08:27:54 PM »

Tren frowns in dissapointement.

Next time spar with someone who can compete with you. Fighting those weaker than you is a show of cowardice and it does nothing for your skills. Next fight someone lime Aphra.

You'll get better I suppose.

Lutharian
Dr. Connors

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 06, 2012, 10:22:28 AM »

Tren frowns in dissapointement.

Next time spar with someone who can compete with you. Fighting those weaker than you is a show of cowardice and it does nothing for your skills. Next fight someone lime Aphra.

You'll get better I suppose.

T'Ning nods at Tren, and looks towards Aphra. I can do that for sure.  He grins and gives a Aphra a nod. He turns back to Tren, and says "So, how'd things go for you?"

Navarre
« Reply #374 on: May 06, 2012, 07:24:21 PM »

Nephros replies to you, Liv.

"Tandranara the Tormentor? She is...was?...the Angel of Mercy."

"It was her sacred duty to aid those who were in their hour of most desperate need. It was she who was to deliver salvation to the helpless and comfort to the suffering."

"She has perverted that duty. She colors 'salvation and comfort' as the onset of death."

"We Seraphim who follow Sashca know of Death and its true place in this world. It is not in the hands of Illumian's tormenting servant."

She casts a scrutinizing eye at Moira, assessing for a reaction. But Moira's expression of dismay at the state of the world speaks for her.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
  Print  

Jump to: