Major Spoilers Forum
July 28, 2014, 07:21:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A big announcement is coming soon! Visit Major Spoilers often to stay in the loop!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 73- Crisis on Infinite Asheareas  (Read 14658 times)
Navarre
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2012, 09:05:33 AM »

Moira places her hand on your shoulder and smiles, a sympathetic and slightly sad smile.

"You are beginning to sound like Kallum, you know. All your talk of the World Spirit and how human connection feels almost foreign to you."

"I think you have lost too much in your life. Kallum. Your place among the Pass Warders. Your parents. Most of your friends."

"I will give you something...someone...to hold onto, Bedlor. I will stand at your side when there is fighting to be done and lie by your side when it is over."

"I will leave it to you to decide if that is...I am...worth the investment."

The young woman glides through the magical doorway that has appeared at her behest, leaving it cracked open in invitation if you accept.
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2012, 10:30:29 AM »

Bedlor heads outside to check on his animals and meet the new ones, shaking his head and whispering to himself as he walks

"It not be my feelin's I be worried o', girl."

And speaks to Warsong in the way only the two can share

<What do ye be makin' o' 'er, Dubya? Sure'n the times we be livin' be 'avin' their toll on us all, an' sure'n me askin' the priestess to be swingin' 'er own thinkin' to better fit 'er twin o' this world...but, I not be thinkin' the girl so bold 'fore I be seein' it wit' me own eyes. I fear Moira walks a path wit' no 'apy end: if'n I return 'er love sure'n 'er 'eart be achin' sooner or later; but the path she follows now leads to the same place 'er twin o' this world be findin' on 'er own. Both, by Kallum, by my own doin's! Or...could it be something more sinister? Is this the Moira we be comin' to know or...be 'er the Moira o' this world set to put the 'urt on us? Sure'n my mind be wanderin' onto dangerous ground, Hammer, but it wanders all the same.>

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2012, 09:18:05 AM »

Warsong replies.

<I consider myself no great scholar of the human condition. I know how to do what it is I am designed to do.>

<I find that liberating, in fact. These concepts of love, loss, and regret are foreign to me.>

<I do, however, understand Hope. It is the quintessential force behind purpose, which is all I have. Without hope, purpose wanes and dies in a soft whimper.>

<I agree the girl is acting a bit unusual. If I were to give her actions a name, I would call it desperation. She seems as desperate to avoid further loss and regret as she is to fulfill love and hope. Perhaps that is her purpose.>

<That is not to say her feelings are not genuine. But it is not her feelings that decide the course of things. It is your own. Only you can speak to those.>

<As for something more nefarious at work? Perhaps.>

<Yet she has never been from our side except during the time of your deaths. That resurrection came at the hands of Sashca yet the Moira of this world serves Illumian.>

<To provide for the plot of which you speak, Sasha and Illumian would seem to have to work together. This is not impossible yet this would be the first evidence we have seen of it and would fly contrary to other events of this world.>

<What conclusions do you draw, Protector?>
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »

<Hohoho, I be conculdin' nothin', weapon, just lookin' for the ease ye come by so easily. Ye fly through the air wit' more grandness than the finest o' bird, yet ye be firmer set on the ground than meself most times. Sure'n ye be 'avin' way to be bring me down to the same firmness o' mind that ye grant me wit' firmness o' feet. Sure'n as ye keep me feet set firm to the ground the same ye keep the Protector's mind an' 'eart.

I be 'avin' a 'igher aim than any others, set on me shoulders by title an' gift. I be beginnin' to see why Kallum be the loner as 'e was. Sure'n I be seein' the benefit o' 'avin' allies, but to be bringin' 'em as close as Moira asks be settin' us up for trouble, by me seein'.

It be war, Dubya, an' just as ye sing the song o' battle by yer makin', I be the bard performin' wit' ye. Maybe once we end this war, but not now. An' maybe ne'er.>

Navarre
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2012, 06:11:06 PM »

Warsong only quietly hums in agreement as you find the animals in the outer courtyard. The afternoon sun beats down on your cloud castle, reflecting golden light from the brass walls. The heat is like an oven as the animals pace uncomfortably, sheltering themselves in the shade.

St. Caelun looks to you as you approach. Behind him, the white pegasus Valor regards you. The winged stallion looks at Warsong and it almost seems some feeling of kinship passes between them, but not quite.

Next to Valor, his chestnut-colored pegasus companion looks disinterested as he watches Azure fly ahead of the cloud as a scout. On the hot castle wall, the squirrel named "Chestnut" sequesters for a moment in a niche of the castle's fortifications as it takes a break from searching the grounds.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: April 23, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »

"Aye, hammer, but I be 'avin' a source o' kinship Kallum not be 'avin'."

Bedlor uses his Speak to Animals spell

"Gather 'round, mates, be tellin' me o' what ye be 'earnin' o' this new place.

An' be comin' to meet new friends.

'Ello, there, winged-stallions. I be Bedlor Enghart. Tell me what brings such fine beasts to this stable in the clouds?"

Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2012, 11:12:48 AM »

Tren, after an adventure with Serena, begins to redress himself and plays with a dagger.

"I need to speak with you Serena. Theres been something on my mind that is quite serious to our and this groups future."

Tren tosses the dagger in the air without thinking.

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »

Serena snags the dagger with Mage Hand, causing it to spin in place about its vertical axis in front of you. She smiles lovingly, swiping the glistening moisture from her brow and the valley between her breasts.

She pulls her cloak around her nude form and sits next to you. A kiss finds your cheek by way of thanks for the last few minutes and for the many years you have had and hope to have.

"What's on your mind, pet?"
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2012, 11:35:29 AM »

Tren stares at the dagger spinning

"I have always looked at life as a constant moving forward. Even in light of all the changing within timelines and universes I see my life as one strand moving forward. This group may want to try and set the universe back to the way they are used to it. With Bronwyn alive and you and I never meeting. I do not if I could ever bear to lose you."

Tren pauses.

"To the point that if it comes to a front I do not know what I will do. I may even stand against those I call allies. I have already done it once. How could I say I won't do it again."

Tren chuckles.

"I would almost say I like it here. Hell I am already a leader of a small Hobgoblin village"

Navarre
« Reply #219 on: April 23, 2012, 11:55:51 AM »

Serena smiles. She wraps her hands around your bicep and hugs herself close to you, allowing her blonde hair to fall across your shoulder and brush the edges of your cheek.

"You are a leader, love. You are sheer potential made manifest every single day."

"Do you remember the first day I came to be with you? Mordelus and you had raided Helsbeth's cottage after Abraham had moved the whole damn thing to Hell."

"I didn't give a thought to Lyric back then but do you remember how angry I was at you and Mordelus? I hated you both, truly, with every ounce of my being."

"You and your friends, by my reckoning, had killed Bronwyn and her father, assaulted my foster mother, then kidnapped me from my home. I had every reason to hate you."

"It wasn't time that changed that. It wasn't Mordelus's teachings or the power I gain. It wasn't even your patience with me. It was you, period."

"There is a way about you. A quiet strength that conceals a storm of independence yet absolute conviction toward what you feel to be right."

"Others see that strength. Mordelus cultivated it. Fash and the hobgoblins respect it. Your friends admire it. ... I love you for it."

"People are selfish, pet. We all want what we want and we make whatever decision we think best for ourselves, even if it means sacrifice. The only difference between people is the ones who can put those decisions into action to succeed and those who do not."

"I have no intention of losing you, Tren. I don't want to see anyone running roughshod over this world any more than we stood for that in Hell."

"But at the end of the day, my world is the sandbox where you and I play. I'll be damned if I'll see that sand scattered to the wind."
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2012, 01:12:28 PM »

Tren lowers his head in thought.

"Thank-you for that. It means quite a bit. I suppose my conviction has led me to this next course of action I wish to take."

Tren looks up to Serena.

"I wish to create a guild. I want to surround myself with a group that can move throughout cities. Throughout this world. Gather information and look on from the shadows. Control events that could cause harm to the balance of this world and stop others from destroying things. The guild of the Ark Moon I would call it. Too much falls through my fingers. Enghart lost too many people and I could have avoided such a confrontation if I had known of it.

Create sects in every city and village. Create a way to constantly keep in contact with all members. An army of spies.."

Navarre
« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2012, 01:41:45 PM »

Serena shrugs.

"Enghart is a blowhard. He talks about how no one's doing the right thing but his every move gets his people killed. Then he blames them for it. That's no leader."

"I like your idea. I assume you'd have room for a capable witch in such a guild?"
she grins.

"Who did you have in mind for this? We seem to have some able recruits, even beyond the hobgoblins. Given the right lieutenants, you could build something truly formidable here."
chrysalis
Jim Morrison

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »

"So, Jackson, have you seen any albino's in this world?"

Smile...it could be worse.
Navarre
« Reply #223 on: April 23, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »

Bedlor, you find yourself surrounded by animals of all sizes, each with their own majestic nature. The white pegasus, Valor, looks at you with gentle regard.

"Hello, Bedlor Enghart. I am Valor. This is my cousin, Valiant. Pleased to meet you."

"We are far from the Faerie Kingdom we called home. But we seek for the world what our kingdom once held; peace."

"Our kingdom has more life and greater diversity than all the rest of this universe put together. Yet we all lived in harmony for each had a spiritual place under Pandia and the Primordial."

"But then the Efreet, outsiders from Laukordia, found the Djinn who lived with us in the Faerie Kingdom. They attacked, taking the Djinn as slaves."

"The Efreet plied their magics to warp the minds of the Djinn. They turned Maharajah Utharr from a benevolent ruler of his people into a tyrant."

"We of the Faerie Kingdom had to protect not only the other denizens of the Kingdom but also the secret of our location. The Efreet are beings of fire and serve Maldomkin, you see."

"We defeated the Efreet and saved as many Djinn as we could. But some of the Maharajah's children escaped the confines of the Kingdom. Why would they run?"

"We can only assume these traitorous children were in league with the overthrow. Perhaps they even now seek to bring information of the Faerie Kingdom's location to Maldomkin, their true master."
Navarre
« Reply #224 on: April 23, 2012, 03:21:46 PM »

Jackson looks at you, Liv. His young face is only a little older but he shows much more experience than the boy you knew. The stubble over his lower face and the spear wound across his left cheek mark him as a man.

"Albinos, ma'am? Do you mean like the Frostgrym?"

"Sure. They live in the cold reaches of the Faerie Kingdom."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: