Major Spoilers Forum
April 24, 2014, 05:23:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 72- Gallia Forest  (Read 9067 times)
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »

The day is already growing long before you find a good place to rest. But the rest itself is most welcome.

You continue even farther afterwards, coming at last to the western edge of Gallia Forest. The sun is finally beginning to set. Your feet are tired and your legs ache a little.

Donovan looks at his copy of the map gained from Storme.

"We should be in West Wellington tomorrow morning. Camp here or push on through the night?"
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »

"Arrivin' under cover o' darkness could be goin' far to keepin' this task 'igh an' tight.

I say we move on an' make the most o' our time."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 04:22:27 PM »

You move on past darkness. The silver moon, now singular in the sky, is partly obscured behind long clouds.

The forest is cast in shadows of green and silver. Your party moves just inside the western edge of the forest as you head north now toward West Wellington.

It has been a couple of hours. You are feeling the strain of the day's journey and Moira looks greatly in need of rest.

*shwiiipp!*

Something zings past Donovan's head from the west. An arrow, black shaft with green fletching, shivers in the tree trunk behind him.
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »

Using my mask of darkvision I quickly look in the direction the arrow came from to see if I can catch sight of the archer.
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 04:29:30 PM »

Also: do I recognize the styling of the arrow at all? Do I know of any groups who use that color scheme of black and green?
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »

You count as many as thirty archers to the west. They are at the very edge of the forest, using it for cover.

Looking closely, you see their green leather jerkins with the intricate black stitching, beneath cloaks of green camouflage that causes them to blend into the shadows almost as soon as you can spot one of them.

You do not recognize the style or coloring of the arrow. But, looking even closer, you see the archers' pointed ears and finely chiseled features.

They are all Elves.
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »

{how far away, would I estimate?}
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 04:42:55 PM »

You estimate them to be approximately 165 feet away.
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »

Bedlor lifts his hands into the air.

"Not our fight, mates. They be wantin' to talk, else we'd all be dead already."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »

{what I would like to do is take advantage of the momentary confusion, if there is momentary confusion, to move subtly out of sight and hide. Bluff check to not be noticed getting out of sight perhaps?}
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »

{As you know, you can't Hide when under direct observation. To Bluff you would need some sort of distraction.

If you can give me a plausible action for the Bluff I may allow it. ... Setting Donovan on fire will work, if necessary.}
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »

T'Ning, you make effort to take advantage of your own party's momentarily confused bustle to slip into the shadows of the trees. You keep your eyes on the archers across the forest.

They are skilled and well-prepared. Each of them had their own targets and you were among them.

You see a few of the archers frown beneath their cowls. They do in fact seem to have lost sight of you for the moment but are well-aware you are missing.

Meanwhile, one of the Elves speaks out. His voice is heavy with the Elven accent as he calls out in the Common tongue.

"You are far from the sanctuary of Hallow Hold, Your Radiance. It seems you have become lost."

"... Lord Commander Enghart! Turn your party back into Gallia. The sparse trees among which you walk are those of the Elves."

"Cross the stream to your east and be grateful we suffer your trespassing. In the name of peace and of Sashca, we will only warn you once."
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2012, 10:33:06 AM »

"Hohoho, sure'n ye not be thinkin' that 'igh an' mighty beard shaver be travelin' woods wit' only a ragtag bunch o' do-nothin's as ye be seein' 'ere an' wit' no other dwarves in sight.

There be no 'arm for either o' our groups if'n knowin's be shared. Me 'ands be raised; I be be showin' no acts o' doin' 'arm. I ask to be speakin' wit' yer one in command."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2012, 10:44:42 AM »

T'Ning, you see four archers scanning the treeline as they try to find their elusive target. At the moment you believe you are still hidden from them.

Meanwhile, Bedlor, the one who spoke to you replies. Even staring directly at him he seems to fade in and out of the foliage.

"I would be the one in charge. I am Aurus Scion-Of-Wildfires, protector of this land and loyal servant of Sashca."

"In the name of the Goddess of Communion, I will hear your words. Should they meet my ears with threat or falsehood, the Goddess of Death will have her due."

"I bid thee speak, Lord Commander."
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »

"Aye, that be gracious o' ye.

I ask that we speak alone. The tale I aim to weave be 'avin' tangled threads which some may pull the way they wish."


Bedlor scans the groups of elves

"I also fear spies, wit' only 'opes that the 'igher ranks o' the elves be immune to such deceits."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!