Major Spoilers Forum
April 18, 2014, 03:08:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 72- Gallia Forest  (Read 8979 times)
Navarre
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:05 AM »

The Shadow War

Chapter 72
Gallia Forest

Once more your feet find the land moving beneath it. It seems almost refreshing to walk again.

For some time now you have been teleported, Nexus shifted, and shadow walked over multiple dimensions and more than one universe. So the firm feeling of land on the soles of your boots and sandals is rather welcome.

T'Ning, you and Rachel, only recall some of this from your dreams. Even so, after being sequestered in the Temple of the Lone Pine for so long, it is nice to be in the fresh air and sunlight.

Unfortunately that air is as hot as a dragon's breath and the sunlight sears you like a pig turning on a spit. The days have been getting progressively warmer for the past few years.

You don't recall a single snowfall in the last two years, not even in the high mountains of the Lone Pine. At least it was cool up there; far from this day.

Your mouths are dry and any hint of a low-hanging fruit is welcome. Even the tartness of those juices is preferable to the dehydration you may face otherwise.

Rachel is quieter than usual. She never found herself at home with the monks; not truly. Their reserved ways were a constriction on the young Vaadjori that defied her basic nature.

But today she is the quiet one. As Donovan and Erika discuss the comparative strengths and weaknesses of Jett's party and Moira makes conversation with Liv on spiritual matters, you find Rachel to hold close to you alone.

Bedlor, you take the lead. Near you, a great tiger of grey and green drifts through the brush. Power ripples in his muscles, reflecting the power of the World Spirit that courses through him.

You find your mind wandering a bit; to Heather, to Ice, to Landru, to Faerun. All good friends, or more. All gone, in one form or another. You hope you haven't seen the last of them.

But friends still travel at your side, albeit some greatly changed. There is both strength and comfort in that.

By your estimation, you should reach the western edge of Gallia by late afternoon before turning north. If you are fortunate, you could reach West Wellington before noon tomorrow.
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 10:57:26 AM »

{Sense Motive on why Rach is so pensive, because why not}
Navarre
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:05:39 AM »

You believe Rachel is feeling very uncertain. Though she typically meets new challenges with a fair amount of enthusiasm, she seems to be struggling with either her place in the current plan or perhaps the plan itself.
Gaumer

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 03:01:57 PM »

Bedlor closes his eyes and breathes deeply, taking in all that surrounds him, basking in the creation of Pandia and enjoying time taken to travel. After a moment or two, he speaks.

"Besides the 'eat, it be a beautiful day, eh, mates? Can'ta be sayin' that this whole mess be settled in me mind, yet, but grass under me feet an' fresh air in me nose be doin' much to be settin' such aside."

Bed now notices the camouflaged St. Caelun and puts a hand on his flank, petting him softly, before casting Speak to Animals on himself and conversing with the beast.

"By Pandia's will, sure'n ye be the finest beast I e'er be layin' these old eyes on. Not that I be mindin' yer company, mate, but sure'n I need be knowin' what brings one as mighty as ye away from 'em callin' 'emselves the Prophesied Ones an' into the 'umble ranks o' 'em such as us? Sure'n it be more than a simple measure o' yer good taste comin' out in yer doin's, hohoho."

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »

Erika smiles at you and nods.

"It feels a lot like home, really. The trees are thick but all this grass reminds me of the meadows outside West Wellington."

Moira adds, "And I truly find it not so unbearable warm. It does get quite hot in the summers on Shrine Island."

"It is only too bad we are so far away from the ocean. I miss the lake from yesterday already."

Meanwhile, St. Caelun growls a little. You feel the muscles tense in his flank as he replies to you.

"I have told Summerayne the same as I speak now. I serve the World Spirit, first and always."

"She used to pet me, cuddle naked in my fur as is her way. Sad I was to leave her but I needed use of the half-Djinn. Now, new friend, I have need of you."

"I think perhaps it is I who have 'humanoid companions', yes? Gar-harr-harr!"

"I do jest a bit, Dwarf, but you see my view. We are part and parcel of the same litter, all man and beast and tree. It is only the World Spirit which holds us all as one and same."

"So it was that I had to take leave of gentle Summer to find the flank of she who is called Anani. There are fissures in the World Spirit, you see. Yes, cracks in reality that by my knowing even the gods themselves do not see."

"I followed Anani to this one, as Summer had other plans. But, finding myself in the presence of the Primordial, I believe my time best spent aiding their release."

"All mortals, even you, fail to understand the place of god and man in the truth of the World Spirit. But I am no prophet. They tend to meet terrible ends."

"So, as one fissure closed with your coming and, as I could not easily make my way to the other, I now walk with you. We head toward destiny and I shouldn't want to be late."
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 05:45:29 PM »

"Oi, ye be a might full o' yerself there, beast. Sure'n it be comin' by due. By my seein' ye be a fine showin' o' the World Spirit's power an' ye be makin' fine choices showin' by the company ye keep.

But, aye, I be seein' yer view. Children o' mother we only aim to be 'elpin' while others be blind to their 'eritage.

An', since I be YER new companion an' all, hohoho, I be wantin' to be 'earin' words from ye. I be a stranger 'ere, mate. Be tellin' me what ye know o' Summer, an' o' Anani. Sure'n it be more than simple 'unt that be bringin' ye to me side. An' what o' these fissures? We be seein' similar 'oles in such as the weavin' where we be comin' from. I wonder could they be similarly deadly to this world."

Navarre
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 06:42:26 PM »

St. Caelun growls lowly to himself, a rumble that sounds like "hmmm" as he ponders.

"What do I know of Summer? She is the light of the World Spirit gathered in gossamer skin. The Spirit speaks through her with a voice that carries on zephyrs like the dulcet tones of an Angel."

"But the people of Ashearea will heed not her words. And so they suffer, so close to understanding yet so far."

"Anani Utharr, of her I know little. She has a connection to the World Spirit, it is true, and I did feel her presence as I came toward that place you call Forest Falls."

"But it was not her I sought. It was the rift. She and I were simply following the same path for a time."

"She spoke of a Prophesy, given to her by Ximon. These are not the things of the God of Trickery, though perhaps it was Uma who gave it to him."

"But this Prophesy brought her allies together. I have heard them speak of it. On the surface, that bodes well for the world and its spirit."

"Yet it is so often only the surface that man sees, yes? That shadow beneath the water may be the fish that finds its way into your belly for lunch. ... or it may be the crocodile that finds you in its own belly as its lunch, hmm."

"There are shadows beneath the surface of that one, yes there are. Fish or crocodile, we can only wonder for now."

"Now those rifts, that is a shadow known. It is like a disease, a seeping wound between universes. It is as easy to find as such a sore would be. I can smell it."
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »

"Oi, ye need not speak o' the ways o' man to this dwarf. By title an' gift I be sworn to see man do the good in 'is 'eart an' look away from the evil. An', by Pandia, there be a might lot' o' evil in 'earts o' men. 'Aps I can be gettin' that done which Summer could not. Sure'n the eyes o' man take 'eed to action 'fore any words be turnin' their minds for the better. An' I, by chance, 'appen to be a dwarf o' action, hoho.

Aye, sure'n it be Uma speakin' the prophecy we be followin'. We be makin' friends out o' Uma, for what that be matterin' in this world. Maybe this old dwarf o' a companion can be showin' 'is beast master that 'e be knowin' a bit more o' the place o' gods than a fancy cat be givin' credit for, eh, hohoho.

I think I be seein' yer way, kitty, an' yer words betray ye a bit by my seein'. Ye flow as the wind, movin' from one group to 'nother, yet speak o' the others as unfit. Sure'n that be makin' me seem...more fit to ye, eh? Are ye sure'n yer aims in goin' wit' us be only those o' freein' the elder gods? An' to what end, mate? Does Pandia's will spark in the freedom o' Primordial?

An' speak more o' these rifts, Saint? Sure'n it be better than walkin' in silence when so much can be shared."

Navarre
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 07:50:50 PM »

You all continue along your path as the sun rises higher into the sky. Shadows play across you as the light filters through the leaves.

St. Caelun replies.

"None are unfit, Protector. All have equal merit in their potential, selected not by gift of mind nor sight nor sinew."

"Though there is a way to the world that culls the weak from the strong, the World Spirit knows no judgement nor malice. Yet only the races holding souls seem to stray from the simple way of the World Spirit. In this I sometimes wonder if the soul spoken of by Angels and gods is truly so great."

"But I am only a cat, you see, and unfit myself to decide such a thing. I simply 'Be' and do as is felt in the moment."

"So I can speak little of Pandia's will save for how I flow with it. And, in that flow, I sense there is something 'missing' in these races that hold their souls so dear."

"I do not know what it might be but there is a hollow among all of you. It is shared yet divides. If any might fill that void, would it not be those whom mortals call the Creators?"

"I do not call them such, however. Mortals must put a face to their existence and so turn their faces upward to that of gods."

"But the Primordial are no more 'god' than Pandia or Illumian or me or you. They simply work better at the loom of the Weaving than these clumsy paws would permit."
Navarre
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 08:10:20 PM »

Moira looks at you, T'Ning. Looking like you have something to say to Bedlor's tiger companion, she touches your shoulder and invokes a prayer.

"Tongues," she smiles.

You can suddenly understand St. Caelun and respond to him in kind.
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 08:13:45 PM »

{but I missed the bit about fissures I guess?}
Navarre
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 08:15:34 PM »

{Ah, hell, I'll retcon the spell. Moira cast it right after Bedlor started talking to the tiger. So you've caught everything so far.

Who's the most generous DM in the world? C'mon, say it.  Tongue}
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 08:19:18 PM »

{YOU ARE!}

{Based on my very limited knowledge of geography would I know what if anything is currently in the locale formerly known as White Grove?}
Navarre
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 08:21:12 PM »

As far as you know, there is nothing of significance in the area occupied by White Grove in the former universe. It is a barren cold plain.
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 08:24:01 PM »

{If I wanted to refer to that locale, how would I do so?}

{Which party is Faerun with?}
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: