Major Spoilers Forum
April 24, 2014, 09:29:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A big announcement is coming soon! Visit Major Spoilers often to stay in the loop!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 72- Gallia Forest  (Read 9073 times)
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2012, 01:04:24 PM »

The Elven commander considers your request then nods and approaches. At every step his cloak seems to reflect his surrounding. Even in the open he is all but invisible, even with your mask, as he walks to the center area between his people and yours.

Now some eighty feet from either party, he waits for you alone to come to him. He watches your party carefully, especially Moira. Every archer maintains aim toward your team.

As you come close to him, you do recognize him. He is the Elf you knew as the captain of the flying Elven ship, The Maelstrom, is the former universe. He nods with respect, but no sign of friendship, as you approach him.

"Lord Commander Bedlor Enghart of Enghart, Auric Scion-Of-Wildfires. I grant us both an audience this day to avoid more of the bloodshed for which your name is known. Though it would be an easy matter for you to kill me, no doubt, word will reach Oak Haven should it be so. None of us want that."

"I listen with the accord due you as Lord of the Dwarves of Enghart and Commander of the Luminators of Hallow Hold and Illumian's holding. Say what you will, sir. "
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2012, 01:20:12 PM »

"I not be Bedlor Enghart.

Least, not the one ye be comin' to know. Tellin' true, I not be knowin' the all o' things meself.

Me an' me mates be thrown into this world knowin' nothin' o' why or 'ow. We be from a world called Ashearea, but it be a twisted mirror o' the one we found 'ere. We be arrivin' in the town up the road an' meetin' others, who be puttin' us to work.

By their thinkin's, us lookin' as we do be givin' us power to be doin' as they please. I not much be likin' it meself. Sure'n it be why ye find a smile on the face o' a dwarf who just be meetin' a group o' elves.

Sure'n this be a bit much for ye, an' I can be tellin' more, but to what end? Ye either believe me or ye don't. I'll answer any questions ye 'ave best I can be, but be knowin' that time ne'er be on our side an' we aim for the West city in search o' keys to open doors o' freedom for the all o' the world.

'Bove all, I seek an alliance, o' nothin' more than knowledge if'n it be all ye can offer, but o' arms should ye find it likin'. The World Spirit guides me 'ere for reason unknown to meself. I 'ear rumor o' dwarf that shares my name, an' works 'gainst peace usin' that same name. I see enemies o' that usurper find me in my travels. Aye, the World Spirit blows as the wind; whispers 'eard in the leaves o' the trees."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2012, 02:13:03 PM »

The Elven leader scowls at you as he listens, only his Elven composure preventing his mouth from dropping open.

"Your words make no sense, sir. Whether lies or madness, I cannot tell, but why would I carry such a tale to Oak Haven? Where do you believe the Elves of Sashca to fall in this story, or do you only seek to see us fall by any means?"

T'Ning, as you remain as hidden in the shadows of the forest as you hope you are, you catch sight of something else moving in the trees. It is just east of your party, not more than twenty feet away.

Your eyes cannot seem to adjust to the presence save to confirm it exists at all. It slides in and out of sight like the flicker of a candle in the darkness.

Donovan seems to notice it too, as he turns to look in that direction. But even though close and the sharpest eye in the party, even he cannot seem to pinpoint it precisely.

You focus as best you can, as much with your will as with your eyes. It looks to be a person, sliding gracefully among the trees.

It is a slender person. You catch the briefest glimmer of a female's physique beneath her cloak.

Her long red hair sways once to reveal her pointed ears as her cloak gives a glimpse of her leathers in crimson, pink, and black.

Across the way, Auric Scion-Of-Wildfires stares at you, Bedlor, with disbelief and a growing certainty that his counsel with you was a mistake.
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2012, 02:23:19 PM »

"Oi, don'ta be so easy to anger. I said nothin' o' any fallin', only o' peace.

Aye, the story be soundin' like words o' mad-dwarf, yet, 'ere I be, lookin' as the one ye know as Lord Commander an' leadin' only a few, wit' no dwarves in the bunch. Can ye so easily be dismissin' what ye be seein' wit' yer own eyes?

I also be askin' if'n ye can be 'oldin' what I be tellin' ye from 'em at Oak'aven...if'n what we be set to do be comin' to be sure'n the elves'll be a might angry to be missin' out on things from their starts instead o' their middles."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »

Aurus Scion-Of-Storms regards you.

"We are not without spies of our own. We knew you to be in Hallow Hold only yesterday. It does seem amiss that you are here, and with such a ragtag bunch. But the presence of your paramour with you betrays you, unless of course you wish to tell me that is not the true Moira Rashai?"

"And you want me to take no word of this to my leaders? Now why might that be, for one who speaks of no treachery?"


Meanwhile, unseen by you Bedlor, Donovan glances to Rachel. His eyes motion into the trees, bringing only a momentary reaction from the girl.

As easily as if they had practiced it a hundred times though they in truth met only yesterday, both move deeper into the group. The next thing you see, T'Ning, Liv's arrows come falling from her quiver onto the ground.

"Damn, Liv. Sorry," says Donovan. "Let me help you with those."

Rachel has already vanished from sight by the time anyone reacts. You catch only a quick blur of her red tresses before she is gone into the trees.

By the time you look back to where Erika is trying to work around Liv's wings to help pick up the arrows, Donovan too is gone.
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2012, 04:55:48 PM »

"Aye, the pontiff just walks 'bout wit' nothin' but a guard o' arrow fumblin' fighters. They be secretly armored knights o' shinin' light.

She be the same as meself. A mirror image, mate.

I 'ave no trouble wit' ye tellin' such to 'igher ups in yer clan, but 'ear these words. Knowin's o' ones such as us, that be as I be sayin', be a proper tool 'gainst those ye see as enemies, eh? That tool be losin' its sharpness as the knowin' grows. I only ask that ye keep what I tell ye 'tween as few as ye can be. Treachery be workin' both ways.

Aye, but that be the thing, ain't it? Ye must be decidin', is this dwarf tellin' true, or is this a sinister plan 'gainst ye? By my seein', if'n this plan be the best yer enemy can be comin' up wit', ye not be needin' me or me mates to be endin' yer war."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »

For a moment, you believe the vaguest hint of a smile plays at the corner of the Elve's mouth. But it was probably only a trick of the light.

"Yes, the cunning of our enemies is everything I was told," he replies with what may be construed as sarcasm.

"Very well. If it is the western city of the humans you seek, it is less than a half day's walk north."

"I am certain you will find it...after you do us the courtesy of tracking back to the eastern side of Cold Creek. It is only an hour's trek, even in the dark."

"For the nonce, your words remain with me and me alone. It will be up to me to decide if the time is right to relay those words to the ears of my elders."

"We will part then with the respect due us by our station. In what manner the World Spirit sees fit to cross our paths again is not for my conjecture."
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2012, 08:50:10 PM »

{I try to think back to the elves I have encountered at Pax Templi, trying to remember as many details about one of them as I can - their appearance, name, manner of speech, and anything I knew about their past}
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2012, 08:58:13 PM »

"Ye'd 'ave us go to this Cold Creek? To what end?"
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2012, 09:02:08 PM »

Auric replies to you.

"Because you are trespassing on our sacred lands. Perhaps Illumian believes he owns all of creation but he is wrong."

"We have been charged by our elders to defend our lands and to not encroach upon those in dispute. Cold Creek marks that border."

"It is only an hour or less to your east. You would have crossed it coming here. You should cross it again to avoid any of the ill will between our people you say you seek to avoid."


Meanwhile, T'Ning, you do recall an Elf named Onyx Farstride. He was an Elf nearing middle age who had come east to Pax Templi after some dispute compelled him to leave the Forest of Ages.

He established himself as a minor citizen of Pax Templi, helping local hunters with improved methods of hunting for big game as well as defending against it. You recall his appearance, voice, and mannerisms fairly well...you think.
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2012, 09:16:01 PM »

"Aye, fair 'nough. I be thankin' ye for the open ear an' tight lips.

Sure'n we be meetin' 'gain, Auric Scion-Of-Wildfires."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
chrysalis
Jim Morrison
********
Posts: 4687


View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2012, 11:37:06 AM »

I'm trying to find all of my bows.
Logged

Smile...it could be worse.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 11:39:53 AM »

Your bow is on your back but your arrows are on the ground. Erika helps you pick up the last of them.

"Hmm, for such an agile guy Donovan's kind of clumsy sometimes."

"Hey, where'd he go anyway?"

"Donovan?"
she calls. You see no sign of him, Rachel, or T'Ning.
Logged
chrysalis
Jim Morrison
********
Posts: 4687


View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2012, 11:46:05 AM »

"I don't know, but I'm not going to announce it loudly."
Logged

Smile...it could be worse.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 11:53:34 AM »

Erika blushes a bit and nods.

"You're right," she whispers. "If those three are gone there must be a good reason."

"I see about three or four Elves over there with a bead on my head anyway. I hope Bedlor knows what he's doing."
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!