Major Spoilers Forum
April 25, 2014, 02:51:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 71- Fash and Tren  (Read 5046 times)
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2012, 05:50:55 AM »

Tren finishes Coby's sentence.

"West Wellington. I agree with you that the trust must not fall into Einshar hands but who truly has the right to weild it."
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2012, 07:06:04 AM »

Coby nods thoughtfully.

"I don't know, mate. Though we worship Ferraki, I wouldn't go so far to say any Einshar has the right to wield it, let alone any mortal."

"But it must be in mortal hands which means every god with a name will be after the one who has it. That can't go well for any of us."

"Personally, I'd like to see the Primordial get the Trust back. If we knew where to find them they could stop their kids from squabbling and using the planet like their personal sandbox."

"Anyway, we're heading to West Wellington, since things seem to be under control here. If you can promise me there won't be any more bloodshed at the hands of these hobgoblins, you're welcome to ride with us."

"Bring some of your pals if you like. Always good to make new friends and build bridges instead of walls, yep-yep."
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2012, 07:23:12 AM »

Tren nods.

"Very well we will join you but I need one night here before we go if you can spare it. I have a few matters to attend to and then I can make way to West Wellington."
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2012, 07:46:58 AM »

Coby nods.

"Sure-sure. We'll grab some sleep on our cloud and meet back with you in the morning."

Fash speaks up.

"Coby Wayne, Defender, I am Fash, high priest of Damrogann."

"Tren has informed me that there is an Elven woman who is the instigator of the attack on Forest Falls. We do not know for certain who she serves but she has the ability to teleport."

"Do you have any means to contact Master Leto Vandel? I understood he was last seen in D'Cairn Valley, near the homes of your Half-Folke people."


The young woman standing next to Jackson Forge steps up from next to the white pegasus. Her black hair is so lustrous that it shines in the torch light like oil.

"I'm Aldina Gilkerson, of Forest Falls. Master Vandel is my mentor."

"He has taught me much of his craft. He is indisposed at this time but I have the means to cast magics that prevent dimensional travel."

"I will aid you."


Fash nods and Coby smiles.

"Excellent! Making friends everywhere! If only the whole world would take the time to talk and listen, eh?"

"We will see you in the morning then, Tren."


The small group takes flight once more, returning to their extraordinary hovering castle on the golden cloud above.
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »

Tren bows politely in turn as the adventurers go up to their castle and returns to the tent.
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2012, 10:08:15 AM »

{Do you have anything else you want to do tonight or do you want me to move forward to the next morning?}
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2012, 10:31:33 AM »

{You can advance. Tren was going to discuss his plan in the morning.}
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2012, 10:46:51 AM »

Serena works into the night. Huddled under two low-burning candles, the mystic goes about her arcane work.

You leave her alone. You have learned it best when she is focused on her craft.

But, somewhere in the early hours of the morning, you feel the warmth of her nude body as she slides against you under the covers. Thinking her tired from her long hours of study, you lie still and wait to drift off to sleep.

But the drift of her hand along your inner thigh tells you your woman has other plans. You make some effort to be quiet so as not to disturb your tent-mates. Serena shows far less inhibition.

At one point you notice Aphra watching you. Her dark red eyes glimmer in the pale light of the moon as it sneaks past the flap of the tent.

It is impossible to stop or think much on your voyeuristic companion. But later it occurs to you that she alone among your party has no lover or at least an expressed romantic interest.

You and Serena transcend every horror of Hell in your spiritual and physical union. What keeps Aphra going through similar nightmares, you could not say.

But the first wave of sunlight soon finds you as morning comes. Dressing and checking all your items, you wait for all your party to gather themselves before exiting the chieftain's tent.

You find Coby Wayne, Sir Thomas Knox, Sir Jackson Forge, Aldina Gilkerson, and the blue eagle Azure nearby. The majestic white pegasus and his chestnut brother stand behind them.

You also find the hobgoblin soldiers lined up in columns and rows. There are some fifty warriors by your count.

Fash looks them over, turning as you exit.

"My servants. I offer the number you require for your mission, on the promise that you care for them as if they were family and that you will give your life if need be to ensure I retain these lands in my name."

Coby looks them over as well, impressed.

"We're ready to make way to West Wellington when you are, yep-yep."
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2012, 12:08:34 PM »

Tren nods to Coby and turns to Fash.

"They will be taken care of and as I have no interest in your position you should not fear me or my allies Fash."

Tren turns back to Coby.

"If Aldina would be so kind as to try and discern something for me it would be greatly appreciated. Apparently a young elven female was able to teleport in some manner from here (Tren points to the spot he was shown) Could it be possible to discern how or at least what school of magic permitted it?"
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2012, 12:57:55 PM »

Aldina nods, running her hand through her long black hair. The young woman steps up to the spot and casts some spell you do not know. Serena watches her closely.

After a minute, Aldina looks to you.

"It is definitely a spell of the Conjuration school. But the power level is overwhelming. This isn't any mortal effect but something I would expect only from a god or an artifact of some sort."

"Even stranger, I don't believe the girl cast it. The arcane residue suggests it was cast on her somehow."

"But the strangest of all? Unless I am mistaken, the spell is not
Teleport or even Greater Teleport. It is Teleport Object."

But that would not work on a person. It is only for non-living matter."
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2012, 05:57:59 AM »

Tren nods and looks to everyone.

"I will have to contemplate this, I am as of yet not sure what it could mean. Let us go."

Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2012, 08:43:22 AM »

Coby nods and you see him activate a ring on his finger. His body becomes buoyant as he takes flight.

Aldina waits for you to gather your soldiers. She hands you a small bag. Inside are five blue rings, etched with arcane runes and a double-wing pattern.

"I have enough Rings of Flying for you and four of your allies. I can cast Mass Fly on another dozen so you may reach our cloud."

Serena looks to the hill giant.

"You've been such a dear. I bet you would like to see your family, wouldn't you?"

"Walk toward home and take care of yourself. Do whatever you think best but if you see anyone, including your own people, remember all these races you've met and how none of them hurt you. Remember how helpful we've been and speak well of us and our races to anyone who will listen."

"In a couple of weeks you might have a bit of a headache. But just remember that I think you're a big sweetheart and I'm glad we got to spend some time together."

"Thank you for everything. Now go."


The hill giant looks quite sad at the thought of leaving Serena. But he only grunts and shambles off into the woods as a dozen hobgoblins gather to you.

{Should I assume you want to give the other four rings to Serena, Aphra, Vinnrog, and Inoke? Do you want to take the dozen hobgoblins that are offering to go? Do you want to take Munir? Do you want to take Kofi?}
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2012, 09:36:48 AM »

{Yes i will give the rings take the dozen hobgoblings and Munir.}

Tren looks to Kofi.

"You are my eyes and ears in this village Kofi. Serena will give you a scroll of sending should anything you feel is important comes up. We will be in touch should nothing happen before the end of the month. You must always be ready."



Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »

Kofi nods. His expression is one of personal honor and respect for duty. You feel confident this warrior holds that honor, respect, and duty in the highest regard.

"It will be done," he says simply.

The hobgoblins under your command seem accustomed to Munir giving them orders as he tells them to fall into line. With the ring on your finger, you take flight into the morning sky.

Serena and your friends are at your side. Ahead of you flies Aldina, leading you to the cloud above you.

This golden yellow and azure blue cloud is as large as Forest Falls. As you approach, you see an expansive castle perched atop it.

The castle has spires that rise toward the heavens. The walls extend in eight different directions like a compass, making a somewhat squarish star-shaped pattern on the cloud's upper surface.

The tops of the spires are shaped into bulbous peaks and the entire castle looks to be made of brass. It shines brightly in the sun, casting amber rays across the sky.

Sirs Jackson Forge and Thomas Knox land their pegasi in the courtyard as Aldina directs you to one spoke of the castle. Even as you land you can see the cloud is on the move, heading northwest.

It is a surreal feeling, standing on solid vapor. It is just as odd to watch all other clouds float eastward while the cloud on which you stand flies at an angle across them.

Coby invites you into the castle, a majestic affair adorned with large tapestries and rugs of a heavy knit. The castle smells of incense and draperies of different colored silks divide the rooms. There is little furniture, the floors being covered with plush pillows around low-sitting planks of wood.

You are all given quarters. Vinnrog and Inoke are given their own room while Aphra is asked to stay with Munir. Both the gnoll and the hobgoblin regard each other with a skeptical and warning appraisal.

The soldiers are bunked in a large barracks while you and Serena have your own quarters near Coby's. Your room is covered in shimmering gold and purple silk, with a single pillow as large as a king's bed for your rest.

It seems like you have been traveling little time at all when Thomas Knox appears at the curtain to your room. He is wearing his armor and his long sword is at his side.

"Mister Moonstride. Miss Kane. We have spotted something below. You should have a look."

Stepping outside, Knox takes you to the edge of the cloud. A small vertical pole marks the farthest edge where one should stand to avoid falling through whatever magical effect keeps you secure and aloft.

Looking over the edge, you see small shapes far below. Knox hands you a spyglass.

Through the brass tube you see Bedlor, Liv, and Moira along with Bedlor's two animals. A closer examination reveals T'Ning and Rachel.

They are gathered near a semi-cleared section of woods, formed in a large semi-circle. They are standing some sixty feet from each other, as if surrounding something, but you see nothing.

As you scan the area, you at first see nothing else but then see something moving to the west. On the other side of a large creek you see six Elven archers.

They wear some sort of magical cloak over them that causes their forms to blend into the surroundings. They are almost impossible to see, even when you look directly at them.

They seem to be watching your friends below. Their arrows are knocked but not drawn as they watch your friends.

Your party occasionally glances their way and you think they see the Elves but each party seems to be leaving the other alone. Why they are gathered here you cannot say.
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2012, 04:37:20 PM »

Tren hands the spyglass back and looks to Serena.

"I suppose it's time to
Make an entrance now isn't it. I swear Enghart will be the death of me."


Tren dives off the castle and prepared his ring of flying to avoid a squishy meeting with the ground. Aiming between the archers and his comrades.
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!