Major Spoilers Forum
July 22, 2014, 12:27:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Arting the Critical Hits  (Read 23395 times)
Stplmstr
Charmander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »

Nav- Thanks, that is what I was going for and hearing that it seems to have conveyed that makes me ze happeh Smiley

Bill- Thanks Cheesy

Adding in some infestation monstars and the mud manta ray alter ego of the mild mannered Summer King (I think the mask is too big, and I really should have had it flying through a tree to up the muck factor :S )

Navarre
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2012, 02:28:30 PM »

Yeah, too bad I didn't get to you before you started illustrating Critical Hits. I would have loved to see some Shadow War illustrations.   Smiley
schleicher12000
The Grand Master
Administrator
Velociraptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »

very nice indeed.

veryvery
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2012, 10:19:18 PM »

wow!! these are so amazing!!! The summer canopy picture is great, you really got a sense of the size and scop! And tiny Trelle! You're REALLY awesome at drawing monsters too!! ahh!! I love the texture you put into stuff like on the shells!

Stplmstr
Charmander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2012, 02:35:01 AM »

Nav- Well one of the big problems there is in the way I absorb media. If I have to use my eyes I can't be using them to draw. So things like critical hit, being awesome overall to begin with, are packaged in a way that fits my "viewing" habits. With other stuff I have to go out of my way to take them in, which isn't to say Shadow wars isn't rad ( it would have to be pretty engaging to have lasted so long as my experience with play by post rpgs tend to have very short life spans) Crit H just fits in with how, what, and facilitates that I can be drawing and listening to it at the same time so it has become one of my staple warm up drawing subject matters Smiley

Schlei- Thanks Cheesy

Very- Thanks, you guys make it really easy to play around in the crit hit universe. A ton of very visual and expressive descriptions that still leaves a lot of room for deigning and fun fun drawing. As for the texture the secret is to bite on guys like Mignola every chance you get then it will just work its way into your drawings Wink

been listening to a bunch of the Munchkin Land podcast and there was mention of a MS card so this is my take on it Smiley
Navarre
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »

I definitely understand, Stplmstr. Besides, I don't want to be one of those, "Oh, you can draw? Here, draw this!" guys. I imagine good artists get bothered by that quite a bit.

But the fact that I thought about it is, I hope, at least a compliment and testament to your drawing skill. It is very impressive and, best of all, distinctive. You have your own style and it shows, along with the quality.
Darobe9926
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2012, 10:15:49 AM »

I do find it quite amusing that the majorspoilers card guy looks a lot like Randus would if he were going through a dungeon, robot arm and everything.
Stplmstr
Charmander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2012, 05:39:56 AM »

Nav- I do indeed appreciate the compliment, I just don't like people thinking that just because I haven't drawn something for it or it is in a format that I just tend to not absorb as well that I am saying it is not as awesome, not as serious or not a project born from the love of creating the universe and story.

Dar- haha robot arm with real fingers would be a very munchkin thing to have Cheesy I had never thought of having that style of facial hair on Randus but it would indeed fit the steam punk artificer thang R has going on Smiley

Go fo more munchkin ( if your not listening to the podcast you really should it is great!)

Navarre
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2012, 07:37:43 AM »

I showed my girlfriend (now a forum member, aka indelikatt) your art. She was really impressed by it as well.

She and I are getting ready to start a new play-by-post game here on the forum called Eclipsed. It hasn't started yet.

If we ever get a podcast going of it, I will hold hope that inspiration may fall your way.   Smiley
Stplmstr
Charmander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2012, 06:30:42 PM »

Nav- Hahaha well as long as you guys have a halfway decent audio quality ( I have tried to listen to a few other play podcasts and the bad quality just hurts :S) But hell yeah I always need more stuff to listen to while working Smiley

Fav Orem moment since " Even though it doesn't look like it I want you all to live."

Adrianna.V.O.
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2012, 07:01:18 PM »

I love all of your artwork! You capture the moments of Critical Hit amazingly well and your style is beautiful! (I've been meaning to compliment you for a while, and I was finally given a log-in code!)
s_o_a_c
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2013, 09:30:14 PM »

Fantastic work! (Sorry, barely started roaming about on the whole forum and JUST got to that thread) I am surprised you didn't do Orem's reaction when he discovers Trelle and his sister were a couple, with Ket laughing in the back. But Adrianna is right, you do seem to seize the scene perfectly when you do your pictures, amazing!
Kirby Krackle
Rootwalla

Love, friendship and nerdity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »

Love this thread, just finished listening to episode 174-ish and got inspired to doodle Exposition the Hedgehog.

Also, here's a lovely doodle I like to call 'Dungeon Master!'

I can't actually draw, no actual training or anything so don't rip me too much of a new one for my shoddy pencil work. :p Smiley

Searching for indie gems.
Stplmstr
Charmander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2013, 02:56:18 AM »

A- Thanks I am glad you liked it, and I appreciate all your kind words. I have an easier time of having fun stuff happen because the content itself does a lot of the work for me. That strip on it's own would mean nothing to most people, but if you have listened to Rob and Steven's fantastic performances then it is all of a sudden funny Smiley

S_o- Hahaha that was another one I was looking at doing a quick strip of, I just really liked the progress by stages going from Orem being worried about being turned into a pumpkin, then confused by his sis not being there then coming back to the pumpkin concern. But yes the Ket bursting out laughing with " What? THAT is funny Cheesy" was one of my other fav funny moments of this season Smiley

Kirby- Thanks for the kind words Smiley And no worries the drawings are great Cheesy

Been super busy so I have been neglecting the fun sketching but I drew this a while ago

now I wanna draw some Golden Kind, they sound rad... or blue tusk dude he sounds pretty fun too.... sooo many options Smiley
Stplmstr
Charmander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2013, 08:37:57 PM »

Dashing through the crocs mouth Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: