Major Spoilers Forum
August 30, 2014, 01:25:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Have a question for Matthew, Stephen and Rodrigo? Send it to podcast@majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: Floating Lands | Ch 1 - A New Begining  (Read 19779 times)
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 15, 2012, 06:56:07 AM »

Eil bows deeply and presents his harp.

I can give you the gift of song graced from the tales of our people it you would be so kind as to listen and indulge.

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2012, 01:50:31 PM »

They all nod their heads vigorously.

Meowzer
V

General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2012, 02:16:16 PM »

Arthelian nods, he looks around the ground searching on the ground for suitable pieces of wood, making sure to pick up nothing still connected to a tree. He then sits down carefully pulling out his knife and a few abrasive stones from his backpack. He then begins to set to work carving something while Eil sings.
thenewnumber2
Denver

Consumer of stories in all forms

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2012, 12:31:49 AM »

When the fairy pokes at him, anger briefly flashes across Rikkon's face before he can compose himself again and assume the air of a friendly man of God. He then returns to stand with the others, facing the leader of the fae.

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2012, 08:44:20 PM »

The red one listens closely to the song, the brown one hovers over the wittled branch and the green one flutters around looking at people expectantly.

Meowzer
V

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2012, 10:24:25 PM »

While  Eil sings Arthelian's hands are working quickly. Using his belt knife to cut the rough shapes and curves, then using the different abrasive stones to refine the carving. He works with the concept of beauty in simplicity, graceful designs that embody the idea. When he is done he takes uses a bit of his hempen rope, separating the strands so they are thinner. He bounces onto his feed smiling at them, bowing ending with his head still bowed, one leg out the other bent, his hand held forward. Hanging from his hand are three small necklaces, a small wooden pendant on each carved in the shape of a bird.
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 19, 2012, 05:40:13 AM »

The brown one scoops up all three necklaces putting them on with pride.  She obviously likes them and shows the off to the other two.  The red one ignores her and continues soaking up the music swaying with he tune.  The Green one is now visibly upset.

Meowzer
V

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 19, 2012, 01:07:59 PM »

Arthelian notices the green ones reaction, then searches about for small pieces of wood once more. He then sits down with the wood and begins the process once more.
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 19, 2012, 03:42:42 PM »

She doesn't look interested in your actions, maybe even offended.

thenewnumber2
Denver

Consumer of stories in all forms

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 19, 2012, 10:51:06 PM »

Rikkon turns to the green one and tries once more to use his silver tongue to make something from nothing in order to smooth over the disagreeable fae.

"Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot before... we are not as different from each other as you may think.  You see, your custom of asking for gifts from us in exchange for allowing us to proceed unmolested is not unlike a similar idea of exchange that is near and dear to my heart. I have no skill at making wooden necklaces, or any talent for music, but what I do have, I freely share with you.  This is the gift of wisdom.

I am a man of God. While at first you may reject the ideals of my God, our beliefs are actually similar to those you ascribe to. My God, Avadra, is the God of trade. In my case, I attempt to help others through an exchange of goods or services. If someone comes to me needing help with a sick child, beyond even the help of a doctor, I try to find someone who can help her - say a wizard who can use his arcane knowledge to help the child. In return, perhaps this person is an accomplished crafter who can create warm blankets which will help the wizard survive the winter months.

Now, why am I telling you this? Because wisdom often helps to open one's eyes to the similarities between very different creatures.  When they find common ground, they can learn from and help each other.  Creatures great and small are stronger when they work together... just like both our parties, you and I can work together and learn from each other. This exchange of knowledge can only enrich all of us.  That exchange is my gift, but it is only possible if you accept it in the good faith that it was given."

Quote from: Rikkon - Bluff (Trying to BS a "gift" out of thin air): rolled 1d20+8: 10

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 20, 2012, 05:36:00 AM »

She looks at Rikkon in confusion, like she doesn't understand some of the words.  She still looks like she's expecting something.

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 20, 2012, 06:12:27 AM »

Briccys wracks his brain, desperately trying to think of something he could do to contribute to the proceedings; Searching the surroundings for a small leafed plant he could use for his ends.

{looking for something with very small flexible leaves and prefferably thin stalks, or as close as I can get it}
Quote from: Briccys - perception: rolled 1d20+9: 19
Reference: Briccys - perception
You rolled 1d20+9: 19 | [ 10 ] 10+9

Taking the best candidate he can find gently between his fingers, Briccys closes his eyes and attempts to encourage the growth of the plant, stems intertwining and leaves overlapping in and around themselves to form a robed garment, plucking the complete garment from the main stem; Hoping that it is sufficient he proffers it to Vyn humbly.

{This all could go horribly wrong, I hope the best candidate wasn't stinging nettles}

Quote from: Briccys - Natures tailoring: rolled 1d20+9: 26
Reference: Briccys - Natures tailoring
You rolled 1d20+9: 26 | [ 17 ] 17+9

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 22, 2012, 04:15:15 PM »

The green one swoops into the robe and hugs it around her obviously pleased.

Once the songs stop the red on stops swaying and hovers there thinking for awhile.  After a moment she starts humming the song you just played. You start to accompany her on the harp but she stops and looks at you sternly, "No. It is my song now, you gave it to me, it is mine and mine alone.". She goes back to humming by herself.

When she is done she looks pleased, "Good, Now we are friends.  She crosses her legs while she is hovering and looks at you all again.  You are big ones, I have never seen your like before, where have you come from?"

Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 23, 2012, 07:32:08 AM »

Tren places the harp in his pack and sits across from the red fae.

My name is Eil and I hail from an island passing this one. You see we are a small community that live off the land and it's natural delicacies. Although it is not in the same manner as you do. I do not mean to offend you but for us to survive we must use but also respect nature. Should we become to greedy we would quickly run out of everything.

This is why my companions and I travel this far. We are in search of a place to call home and people to call neighbourghs. Tell me what is your name?

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2012, 06:19:47 AM »

They don't seem to understand when you speak of the islands.  "I am Emba, lead scout of my people.  We have seen you since you entered from where the world ends.  But you came from outside? There is nothing out there but the end of the world.  Do you come from the same place as the beasts? You do not smell like the beasts, you do not look like the beasts.  You cannot live in the world, your too big.  You would break things.  Your all much to big.  Can you grow small?  We are friends now, we can try help.  But your much to big."

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28
  Print  

Jump to: