Major Spoilers Forum
April 18, 2014, 12:36:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: Floating Lands | Ch 1 - A New Begining  (Read 15998 times)
sliksham
Denver
****
Posts: 697



View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2012, 01:23:33 AM »

Briccys shrugs and chuckles quietly
Seems them that's watchin' don't like a fire in the woods; tricky ones they must be!
I'll be gettin' the water if I can, but won't stray to far just in case theres a kerfuffle


He then heads off to search the area close to camp for accumulated dew deposits.
{I'm not intending to go more than 50 metres away from camp}

Quote from: Briccys - water find perception: rolled 1d20+9: 15
Reference: Briccys - water find perception
You rolled 1d20+9: 15 | [ 6 ] 6+9
Logged
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2012, 04:35:35 AM »

You don't find enough for the party, you'll have to rely on your rations.
Logged

Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2012, 07:00:34 PM »

Arthelian doesn't know what's going on, if it's arcane it's nothing he's seen before.
Logged

Meowzer
V
**
Posts: 278


General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.


View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2012, 05:18:55 AM »

Arthelian gets on his knees and stares at the lack of fire and lets his fingers across his chin.

Well Rygar, I do not know what is going on here. But I cannot sense anything of the magic sort going on here. But this does definitely seem natural.
Logged
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »

It's apparent fire isn't working and you only have your rations for water (you'll only need to use one to cook them).

What are you going to do?
Logged

thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2012, 09:46:07 AM »

Rikkon examines the kindling and the surrounding area, trying to spot any mundane reason why the fire would be being suppressed.

Quote from: Rikkon - Perception: rolled 1d20+7: 18
Reference: Rikkon - Perception
You rolled 1d20+7: 18 | [ 11 ] 11+7

Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
sliksham
Denver
****
Posts: 697



View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 05, 2012, 03:34:32 AM »

Returning to camp with barely enough water to fill his own skin let alone those of the party, Briccys splits his water with Arthelian and moves to the 'fire'.

No luck with the water, I'm hopin' there be more soon or we'll be reduced to suckin' rocks!
When the flame is dyin' is it gone like a blown candle or be it gutterin' out like a lamp with nae oil?
Mebbe the plants is not wantin' to have the fire around, mmmmmm


Briccys squats and examines the plants at ground level, picking up some of the kindling and then trying to light it 'above ground level'.

{Nature check to see if I know anything about these plants and whether they can 'starve oxygen' kind of thing}

Dice roller kept crashing on me so I used the wizards of the coast one...




 
Logged
Meowzer
V
**
Posts: 278


General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.


View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2012, 01:23:42 PM »

Arthelian looks at Briccys and grins big.

Ah my friend you are indeed are genius! I completely forgot I had this!

Arthelian pulls out one of the pints of oil he uses to help treat wood and smiles at Rygar and Briccys.

Trust me this stuff is quite flameable. The question is do we want to use it? If it there is something trying to keep us from making fire then we may not want to risk it.
Logged
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2012, 05:02:27 AM »

Are you using the oil?
Logged

sliksham
Denver
****
Posts: 697



View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2012, 05:31:24 AM »

I'd set me mark on using a drop or couple, needs must n all. Just be minded to keep your eyebrows intact if ye can!
Logged
Meowzer
V
**
Posts: 278


General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.


View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »

Arthelian applies some of the oil to the fire and waves for Rygar to light it with his flint.

I believe the scales may take the heat better then my fine fur.


Sorry for long time between posts there. I was running my game last night.
Logged
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 06, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »

{Did my perception check or Silksham's Nature check uncover anything useful?}
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 07, 2012, 04:52:54 AM »

Sorry, thought I had replied.

You can't see any reason why the fire wouldn't be working.  It's not natural and you cant see anything that would be causing it.
Logged

sliksham
Denver
****
Posts: 697



View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 07, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »

Tis nowt to do with its nature, all these plants n things be normal to my eyes. Splash on a bit of that there oil and lets be seein' whether the burning ladies come out a' dancin'
Logged
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2012, 12:32:57 AM »

"I agree the oil is worth a try, but since we can't find any natural reason why the fire isn't lit already, I don't know if your 'burning ladies' will start dancing over a few drops of oil.  I bet there is some magic afoot keeping them from showing themselves." Rikkon shakes his head and mutters something under his breath as he turns to sit on a nearby stump.
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!