Major Spoilers Forum
April 18, 2014, 12:41:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: Floating Lands | Ch 1 - A New Begining  (Read 15999 times)
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »

As you look to the skys you see large dark shapes cloaked by the foliage of the forrest.  Rikkon and Briccy spot large wings flapping attached to moth creatures that look similar to the ones that the group just slayed, but much much larger.

Your minds race as you look around the area at the dead new born creatures surrounding you. 

The creatures are coming in fast.

Run or Fight?
Logged

sliksham
Denver
****
Posts: 697



View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:07 AM »

Seems de mum has brought a friend or two ta say hello, discretion bein' de better part of valor, I'm all fer discretely runnin' away!
Let em eat de spider and not us.


 
Logged
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2012, 02:07:00 AM »

"I agree. Although fleeing from the adult moth may not be easy if she has spotted us already."
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Meowzer
V
**
Posts: 278


General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.


View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2012, 02:19:31 AM »

My beautiful battle brothers while I do think we could handle anything life throws at us, I think we have done quite enough catching for the day.
Logged
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2012, 04:22:17 AM »

RUN!!!
You hear the creatures entering the tree line, the shadows being cast indicate creatures much larger than you.  You have a split second to move before they are on you.

Skill Challenge
DC: 18
Special Rules: You can use any skill.  You can't use the same skill twice.  Only 1 skill check per post.

As always describe what you're doing. Describe your intent and I will resolve what happens.
Logged

Meowzer
V
**
Posts: 278


General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.


View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2012, 04:30:39 AM »

Arthelian rips through the trees away from the moths, using his agility to dodge and weave through the trees.

Rolling Acrobatics to dodge and move through the trees, maybe swinging off the occasional vine..Basically using all the little tricks and such to avoid hindering things and to move through as expeditiously as possible.

Quote from: Skill challenge, Acrobatics roll: rolled 1d20+2: 4
Reference: Skill challenge, Acrobatics roll
You rolled 1d20+2: 4 | [ 2 ] 2+2


Logged
sliksham
Denver
****
Posts: 697



View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2012, 04:57:25 AM »

Worried by the closeness of the creatures, Briccys starts to move away, instinctively shifting to his cat form, watching for the motion of the shadows to give some clue as to where would be best to go to avoid becoming lunch.
A low growl escapes my lips, as with teeth bared I move away into the trees.

Thinking about the way the young moths moved and the way the shadows are at the moment I'm attempting to discern the attack path and thus avoid it}

Quote from: Briccys - Run!! Insight check: rolled 1d20+9: 29
Reference: Briccys - Run!! Insight check
You rolled 1d20+9: 29 | [ 20 ] 20+9
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2012, 06:05:18 AM »

Eil runs deeper into the forest after his comrades trying to discern the best route to evade these creatures through the brush.

Quote from: Eils nature check: rolled 1d20+7: 19
Reference: Eils nature check
You rolled 1d20+7: 19 | [ 12 ] 12+7
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »

Remembering which direction the adult moths were flying when he spotted them, Rikkon breaks into a dead run in the opposite direction, hoping to put as much distance between himself and the creature before tiring.

Quote from: Rikkon - Endurance: rolled 1d20+9: 23
Reference: Rikkon - Endurance
You rolled 1d20+9: 23 | [ 14 ] 14+9
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »

"Move. Move! MOVE!"

Rygar cries out, running in tandem with the others. Rygar takes up the rear, occasionally looking back at the creatures chasing them.

{Basically, hoofing it with Athletics, and maybe grabbing any stragglers (...Arthelian...-_-').}

Quote from: Rygar-Athletics check (Skill Challenge #2): rolled 1d20+8: 28
Reference: Rygar-Athletics check (Skill Challenge #2)
 You rolled 1d20+8: 28 | [ 20 ] 20+8
 


{Wow. Nat20. Where's Matthew when you need him to curse it out? -_-'}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Meowzer
V
**
Posts: 278


General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.


View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »

Arthelian's foot catches on a branch, he flys downwards face heading quickly towards the ground. Yet then he was snatched up and partially dragged and partially carried away. He looks up seeing a lot of emerald in a scale like pattern.

Thanks for the helping hand Rygar!

Arthelian catches himself back onto his feet. Beginning to run once more. This time he does not try to use pure speed but guile. He is conscious of where he sets his feet, not stepping on any branches. Watching for any roots, ducking behind branches and bushes for cover. He uses the concepts of moving quietly and unseen to cut away from the sight of the moths and making sure he does not trip once more.

Quote from: Skill Challenge, Stealth: rolled 1d20+7: 25
Reference: Skill Challenge, Stealth
You rolled 1d20+7: 25 | [ 18 ] 18+7

Logged
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »

Round two!

You hear frenzied crashing through the forest behind you.

Go again!

Sorry about the brief post, renovating the house this weekend.
Logged

sliksham
Denver
****
Posts: 697



View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2012, 01:36:31 AM »

Skidding to a halt besides a large gnarled vine covered tree Briccys places a paw against a vine cluster and closes his eyes, seeking deep within the plants roots, callling the vines for a massive growth spurt to tangle the path behind us and slow our pursuers if possible.
Hoping he has done enough he springs away once more, fleeing for his life.

Quote from: Briccys - Nature check: rolled 1d20+9: 27
Reference: Briccys - Nature check
You rolled 1d20+9: 27 | [ 18 ] 18+9
Logged
Meowzer
V
**
Posts: 278


General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.


View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2012, 02:22:05 AM »

I premature rolled there a bit there. Sorry, my second roll is just after Eothr's first. It was a failure in acrobatics.
Logged
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2012, 05:44:50 AM »

Rygar runs along with the group, catching glimpses of the creatures; desperate to give them some breathing room, Rygar slows slightly and turns about, taking a deep breath and unleashing a terrifying roar.

{Using Intimidate to startle them long enough to give us a decent distance, possibly scaring a number of them away to better our chances.}


Quote from: Rygar-Intimidate Check (Skill Challenge #2): rolled 1d20+10: 28
Reference: Rygar-Intimidate Check (Skill Challenge #2)
You rolled 1d20+10: 28 | [ 18 ] 18+10
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!