Major Spoilers Forum
September 02, 2014, 06:41:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28
  Print  
Author Topic: Floating Lands | Ch 1 - A New Begining  (Read 19854 times)
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2012, 03:13:56 PM »

{I will spend 2 surges to get me back to 25/27 - 6/10 Surges remaining}

As Rikkon walks over to the group surrounding the fallen spider, he sheaths Secretkeeper, convering the blade back into a harmless looking walking stick. Overhearing the discussion of the beast's meat, Rikkon speaks up.

"Determining the nature of the paralytic would seem to be the most straightforward way to determine if the meat is safe to eat... However, I must admit, I am not the most knowledgeable in such areas."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:15:52 PM by thenewnumber2 » Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »

Rygar examines the body of the spider.  He knows that these creatures have no flesh inside, just goo and a few organs inside the carapace.  

The tips of the legs can be broken off, sealed and boiled for a sour tasting but filling meal.  It's one of those foods that is better off eaten in the dark.  You will need to boil them for an hour before too long or they may go bad.  8 rations available if you follow the above instructions.

The rest of the spider isn't good for eating.  Also there is the risk that whatever what paralysing the spider is still in the flesh.  It would be extremely hard to determine this.

The fangs would need to be properly treated to be made into some type of weapon.  Although large enough to be a short sword you do not have the skill or knowledge to craft an item like this.

OOC: I apply mods for your roles behind the scenes where it's appropriate.  It can also determine if you can even do something.  EG. a crafter might be able to create a crude weapon from the fangs but it would be harder on the road.  Other roles wouldn't even be able to do that.

The carcase of the spider and moths are still available for 'harvesting'.  You just have to suggest what bits could be used for and make an appropriate check to examine / extract.

Logged

thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2012, 11:33:52 PM »

{Can the wings of one of the moths be turned into a cloak?  Leather armor is so drab looking.}
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »

Make an appropriate check.

Do this type of thing in character.

If you can't work out a skill to use, you can always make an attribute check.
Logged

thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »

Rikkon goes over the fallen yellow moth, bends over it and examines it's wings.  He takes out a shuriken and tests how easily the wings can be cut. He tests them in his hands to see how pliable they are, and how strong they are in order to see if he can use the wings to make a cloak.

Quote from: Rikkon - Nature: rolled 1d20+2: 16
Reference: Rikkon - Nature
You rolled 1d20+2: 16 | [ 14 ] 14+2

Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2012, 04:47:01 PM »

The shuriken goes right through the wing and powder puffs up covering your hand.

Definately not suitable material for clothing.  Perhaps it could be used for artistic purposes however its delicacy would make it very hard to transport.

The stingers on these creatures is as long as your forearm and you know from the battle quite hard.  It may be useful.
Logged

Meowzer
V
**
Posts: 278


General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.


View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »

Arthelian will see about extracting the stingers without damaging them. Then he will see about extracting the carapaces from the spiders and the moths to see if they can be made into armor. If not that, then at least checking to see if they could be hardened at all into some sort of use.

Quote from: Nature Check Arthelian Moths And Spiders: rolled 1d20+1: 3


I know nothing apparently
Logged
Tondi-
Villain
Not the Mama
*
Posts: 1287


View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2012, 05:26:52 PM »

You find the stingers to be softer then first though, probably having to do with the creatures just being born.  Although you try hard the extraction damages them to a state where they would be valueless.

The spider carapase is too large to extract and travel with.  It is also covered in irritating hairs that stick to your coat.

Suddenly you hear a low swooping sound coming from above.

RP and Checks
Logged

Meowzer
V
**
Posts: 278


General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.


View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »

Arthelian jerks his head up, bending his knees low trying to scan to see what had made the sound.

Quote from: Arth Perception Check Strange Sound: rolled 1d20-1: 5
Reference: Arth Perception Check Strange Sound
You rolled 1d20-1: 5 | [ 6 ] 6-1


And then I poke my self in the eye somehow lol
Logged
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2012, 07:58:07 PM »

Rikkon looks up, scanning the sky for the source of the sound.

Quote from: Rikkon - Nature: rolled 1d20+2: 16
Reference: Rikkon - Nature
You rolled 1d20+2: 16 | [ 14 ] 14+2


{Hopefully, Arth didn't poke himself with one of those 'soft' stingers.}
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
Eothr
Not the Mama
******
Posts: 1137


Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream


View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »

Rygar stands straight, bringing his greatsword into both hands; he scans the canopy for the source of the new sound.

{Perception check:

Quote from: Rygar-Perception check to track swooping sound: rolled 1d20: 11
}
Logged

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »

Rikkon looks up, scanning the sky for the source of the sound.

Quote from: Rikkon - Nature: rolled 1d20+2: 16
Reference: Rikkon - Nature

oh for Fluck's sake... that was the wrong roll... that's the same roll from before.  And the Perception roll I was trying to post was a really good roll too. Sad
You rolled 1d20+2: 16 | [ 14 ] 14+2


{Hopefully, Arth didn't poke himself with one of those 'soft' stingers.}
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
thenewnumber2
Denver
****
Posts: 664


Consumer of stories in all forms


View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2012, 10:19:57 PM »

Rikkon looks up, scanning the sky for the source of the sound.

Quote from: Rikkon - Nature: rolled 1d20+2: 16
Reference: Rikkon - Nature
You rolled 1d20+2: 16 | [ 14 ] 14+2


{Hopefully, Arth didn't poke himself with one of those 'soft' stingers.}

{Well that was dumb of me... that's the Nature roll from when I was trying to make me some cool clothes. Here's the right roll: I was able to get it out of my history.}

Quote from: Rikkon - Perception: rolled 1d20+7: 26
Reference: Rikkon - Perception
You rolled 1d20+7: 26 | [ 19 ] 19+7
Logged

Eclipsed PC: Ronin Shadowstar
sliksham
Snorkasaurus
*****
Posts: 712



View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2012, 12:31:58 AM »

Briccys listens carefully to the swooping trying to discern the type of creature that could make such a sound {Perception to listen followed by Nature to identify} (ie insect wings 'flutter', bird wings 'flap' kind of thing) whilst making his way to the nearest tree and scanning the canopy above.

Tis a touch busy round here all of a sudden, lets be hoping its just an Owl or summat, would hate to meet the flappers mum

Quote from: Briccys - Perception & Nature 'swooping sound': rolled 1d20+9: 28, rolled 1d20+9: 27
Reference: Briccys - Perception & Nature 'swooping sound'
You rolled 1d20+9: 28 | [ 19 ] 19+9
You rolled 1d20+9: 27 | [ 18 ] 18+9
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2012, 05:38:23 AM »

Eil stands grabbing his harp and turning to look at the sound of the swooping sound.
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!