Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 03:25:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Name of the Wind  (Read 5721 times)
Meowzer
V

General uber nerd gamer fantasy geek.

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2012, 06:58:25 AM »

I recently finished reading The Name of the Wind, and The Wise Man's Fear written by Patrick Rothfuss. I would highly suggest these to anyone who enjoys fantasy. The books have so much life in them, the voice of the protagonist is just so vivid and real to him. And the pacing of these books is fantastic. Also the perspective is done in an interesting way. All in all they are worth to buy in soft or hardback. If not give them a try in E-Book form. I read half way through The Name of the Wind on my kindle before going to actually buy the book.
AndrewCharles
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:16:25 AM »

I will definitely go for it. I hope i liked this.
Can you let me know some more books by Patrick Rothfuss?

a2z real estate
Pearce
Rootwalla

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 04:38:29 AM »

Rothfuss' writing definitely follows the trope that you can't let your characters get comfortable, and to punish them after every victory. Looking at Kvothe's actions through the first two books it's obvious why he got expelled (not a spoiler, it's explained early in the first book).
teddfringes
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 06:26:42 AM »

This week I am going to buy that book, am very keen to read it....

Guess glasses
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:27:59 AM by teddfringes » Logged
Beren1
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »

I read them both this summer and was quite impressed. Yeah he gives away a lot of eventual plot points right off the bat but it really is fun seeing how they come about. I am really looking forward to his eventual third book. At least he doesn't cause the George R.R. Martin fear of being so old he might die before finishing.

AKA Alex
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: