Major Spoilers Forum
April 17, 2014, 04:39:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
  Print  
Author Topic: Plot/World Building for Campaign  (Read 18864 times)
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 17, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »

Since this is all a magical realm, I don't have to worry too much about physics.  Smiley

That's the truth; IT'S MAGIC! lol Cheesy

I'm thinking of drawing up another D&D game after a couple chapters of "Age of the Guardians", focusing on the anime Naruto; with the magic-like chakra abilities and super-fights of that world, I figure Fighters, Warlords, Rogues, Sorcerers, Monks, and Avengers would most likely work, mostly through Hybridization.

In particular, I think a Rogue/Sorcerer Hybrid would be most similar to those kinds of shinobi, with Fighter/Warlord as the Kenjustsu ninjas, and Monk/Avengers as the hand-to-hand lunatics.

DIPS ON ADAM WEST!!!

Fighter/Rogue is perfect for a shinobi like Rock Lee who focuses more on Genjutisu.  Wink

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 18, 2013, 02:49:26 PM »

Fighter/Rogue is perfect for a shinobi like Rock Lee who focuses more on Genjutisu.  Wink

Taijutsu.

It's been a while since I've seen Naruto i forgot which jutsu did what for a moment.

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 18, 2013, 08:07:55 PM »

Naruto would be a Longtooth Shifter Fighter (Tempest build) with dual spiked gauntlets, but I think if he was also Hybrid Rogue he could use Blinding Barrage with shuriken as Kage Shuriken Bunshin no Jutsu. Smiley

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2013, 01:46:02 AM »

Naruto would be a Longtooth Shifter Fighter (Tempest build) with dual spiked gauntlets, but I think if he was also Hybrid Rogue he could use Blinding Barrage with shuriken as Kage Shuriken Bunshin no Jutsu. Smiley

How would you do Shadow Clone Jutisu?

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2013, 09:19:07 AM »

How would you do Shadow Clone Jutisu?

That is part of the problem, unfortunately. Despite my lofty thought process, 4E doesn't have the mechanics to replicate (pun intended) the Naruto universe effectively. I don't know if there is already an Naruto TTRPG, but there was an RPG video game some time ago that could be a good base to look at.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2013, 09:51:18 AM »

I've not read the actual material to see if it's actually a good base or not but there is this website http://www.narutod20.com/ which is actually a Naurto D20 base game. It probably runs off a more 3 or 3.5 mechanic because well lets face it more d20 games do.

Something to check out for sure if what wan to run a Naruto game so you don't have to create your own game from scratch.

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2013, 02:50:19 PM »

I've not read the actual material to see if it's actually a good base or not but there is this website http://www.narutod20.com/ which is actually a Naurto D20 base game. It probably runs off a more 3 or 3.5 mechanic because well lets face it more d20 games do.

Something to check out for sure if what wan to run a Naruto game so you don't have to create your own game from scratch.

Just got done looking the the "PHB" for it; the Nartuo d20 is a hybrid of D20 Modern and 3.5 D&D, so it is very complex...it'll be a while before I try it, but I will say that the guys who designed the rules were thorough about the Narutoverse, and what all is possible to achieve in it.

Navarre
« Reply #412 on: February 02, 2013, 01:03:51 PM »

Situation suggestion needed

Characters
Kyla: evil/crazy lieutenant of the Big Bad
Terminus: 80 foot tall construct that lays waste to all in its path; innately seeks to follow a component of a device in the possession of Kyla
Barbarus: evil minotaur general of enemy horde, also serving the BigBad

It seems Kyla is luring Terminus north toward where Ish'Arr will return using the component. Terminus's path will send him through Starglen, the home of a party NPC's mother, that is populated by faerie folk.

So it looks like a "save the city, get the component, fight Kyla" thing. But I'm not sure how I want the battle to go.

The party doesn't know yet that Kyla is leading Terminus, only that he is heading north on that path. So they'd likely go to Starglen, who has an army gathered there anyway.

I suppose they could try to fight Terminus but they know that's pointless, as they don't have what it takes yet to defeat it. But they'd encounter Kyla there and fight her.

She can teleport anywhere though so she might just teleport north to keep Terminus on track. But that's not a very good fight then, with one unbeatable foe and one who escapes.

Maybe Barbarus's minotaur horde could be ahead of Terminus, laying extra waste to things. But  pheh  minions.

I need something epic and/or perilous.

So there's an army of faeries and unicorns and dryads and such against an army of minotaur, centaur, medusa, and such things. Terminus is behind the enemy line, marching forward, while Kyla is in the ally camp as the lure to him.

Rescue mission against minions aside, I'm not sure what would make it better. Meta-game, no PC would expect to not defeat the red shirt minotaur guys.

Any suggestions on something dangerous or some hard choice or something; anything, to invoke more emotion and make this session better?
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 02, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »

Can Kyla just teleport on her own? If she can teleport other creatures it would be interesting in combat to have shock troops dropping in ever round or every other round.

Is her ability to teleport specifically to get away or would she use it to warp around the battle field to inflict as much damage as possible only to jump to another area as she's getting surrounded.

If you're having the currently impossible to defeat big bad on his way to that area maybe the mission isn't to save the city but stay and fight off the army while other escape the city. Pretty much like how things went in I believe it was the 2nd LOTR. They fight off as many orcs as possible and once it looks bad they order the evac and many warriors stay behind and fight to give the others as much time as possible to escape while they flee to a better defended strong hold.

Navarre
« Reply #414 on: February 02, 2013, 02:29:54 PM »

Kyla has an artifact cloak called Shadowrath that allows her to teleport herself and up to 20 others as a standard action. She is also a Rogue.

So I could see her delivering more and more evil badness to the battle, overwhelming the party. Within a couple of round things would get so bad that the party would be forced to work on evac and defending the citizens.

It's still just a good party vs minion battle if they don't target Kyla. But if nothing else it will make the party hate her sneaky roguish self even more.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 04, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »

Ok so i have a conundrum that I accadently wrote my self into. In my home game the players keep getting attack by creatures reskined as house hold furniture under an animate object ritual. All other normal creatures dissapear everytime they get attack. Right now they're hold up in a dwarven tavern that last night was packed with dwarves and they got wasted and played drinking games and just had fun. The next day had an encounter for them and of course all the dwarfs were gone.

They're scare to go outside because they're are brooms ready to attack them so we left it there at the end of my last session.

I'm curious as to what thoughts anyone might have to the siginafiance of why the NPC's keep dissapearing cause I haven't come up with one yet.

Navarre
« Reply #416 on: February 04, 2013, 06:19:59 PM »

So, are the NPCs actually turning into the animated objects? What are the requirements for the change?
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 04, 2013, 08:49:36 PM »

The NPC's do not become the furnature and now that I think about it there was 1 fight that there were NPC's they just closed there doors because it was in a town square.

First combat. They were investigating the death of a parlement member. They were attacked by end tables in the dwarven district of parlement.

2nd combat they were attack by brooms very much like the ones in Disneys Fantaisa (Please don't sue me) in the middle of town square on the way to see a black smith.

3rd combat was in the Gnome district of parlement. Trying to track down the creator of a magical item after finding the maker and reciving some new gear the left the head office of a gnome official and the gnomes that use to be in the room were gone. They were attacked by mechanical desks that split at the top and and the top of the desk became 2 very sharp arms.

There were NPC's in the area durring the 2nd combat and one actually in combat with them.

Now they're about to get into another combat and the dwarfs they were getting drunk with last night were gone in the morning. They had been laid off from working in the quarry so they were on day 3 of a non stop drinking binge.

With the NPC's dissapearing like this there needs to be some sort of siginifance other than I don't want them around durring the combat. I currently just don't have one.

Something like they're being kidnapped might work or the party has been very vocal about the deaths of all these people they're investigating that might lead to a bigger civil unrest in parlement. I just don't have a clear vision yet for why they leave.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: February 05, 2013, 12:12:57 AM »

the Quarry owner found some sort of device that automates the Quarry by granting him telikenisis, thereby maing the dwarves irrellivant. the force automating the machienery is leaking into the city and automating the furnature.

the device took over the Quarry owner, and although it isn't sentient, it's going with the last order his now catatonic mind programmed it with.

side effect it is takes a lot of mental energy to keep all this stuff going, so it's taking over the dwarves, (who's mental resistance is impeded by the drinking) and sent them off to the quarry to add their mental power to the divice.

the party has to fight their way to the quarry, then fight the device and free the owner and dwarves.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 05, 2013, 02:02:40 AM »

The Quarry isn't owned by anyone. It was used to get stone and other minerals to build almost every building in the parliament which is a huge honey comb of buildings.

The dwarf that over saw the Quarry was actually the first death the party investigated. He was killed just out side of his office. In the same hall that party was attacked in during there first combat.

I like your idea but it doesn't explain the Gnomes vanishing during that combat.

The Tavern that the party is currently at is located at the quarry.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31
  Print  

Jump to: