Major Spoilers Forum
April 24, 2014, 12:52:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 70- Threads of Futures Past  (Read 29704 times)
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: February 22, 2012, 12:12:03 PM »

Tren nods.

"True but we have given them plenty of information not only on that but also our level of capabilities to an extent. I feel right now we need to gather information on our enemy as much as possible at this point while looking over our shoulder for the next attack."

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #1066 on: February 22, 2012, 12:13:06 PM »

Vinnrog shrugs.

"But everyone seems like enemy."
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1067 on: February 22, 2012, 12:14:45 PM »

"Unfortunately, a group that is mostly on our side but contains a traitor is neither friend nor enemy. It makes determining the appropriate strategy to deal with them complex. I do not believe Jett knows that his group has been infiltrated. So not trusting them ackshully makes us look suspicious to him. But unless we can identify the traitor, we have no choice but to either keep secrets from them, or give secrets to the real enemy."

"Rach, I never got a chance to get your opinion on what we saw when we were scouting them round the lake..."
Navarre
« Reply #1068 on: February 22, 2012, 12:27:09 PM »

Rachel chews lightly on her lower lip and thinks aloud about her observations.

"Aye, sure'n it be t'e strangest t'ing, seein' people ye know yet knowin' ye dinna know t'em at all. T'is 'ard not to let me own feelins be gettin' in t'e way o' it all, especially when it be comin' to t'e likes o' Donnie."

"But some o' t'em gave me t'e creepies. T'at Jordan is like some dark mirror o' t'e one we know. 'E be 'aving all t'e self-importance and 'ints o' anger but not t'e sense o' 'is pack 'e 'ad in Forest Falls."

"I be t'inkin' 'e would take to Jett's party like a new pack, Alpha or not. T'at 'e doesna makes me wonder if'n it be because 'e isna t'e leader or maybe 'e knows t'e pack canna be trusted 'imself."

"T'is 'ard to get a read on Anani. She be right focused, t'at one. I felt like she 'ad a plan all 'er own but I couldna say it be against eit'er t'em or us."

"Truth t'ough, it be Samm, Erika, and Abby t'at I couldna figure. No offense, Erika, but now t'at I know ye better as a person and not just a City Guard, ye be wearin' yuir 'eart more bold t'an yuir own armor. Isna 'ard to see t'e way ye feel aboot Abby."

"Samm, of any world, seems as dense wit' t'at as 'e ever was. But sure'n I could see t'e 'urt on yuir face ev'ry time ye looked at t'e two of 'em toget'er."

Erika blushes a little and drops her eyes but replies.

"I guess. ... So?"

Rachel answers.

"B'cause t'e ot'er Erika be spendin' time wit' t'em ev'ry day and a whole afternoon swimmin' wit' Abby wit' naught but water t'ween 'em. Yet t'at be a woman wot be full o' 'ope. I be askin' meself why."
Gaumer

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1069 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »

"Oi, but what to be doin' 'bout it? E'en if'n we be 'avin' thoughts o' a traitor in that other group 'ow we be settin' 'bout lettin' 'em know? I not be seein' any other reason to be doin' so save they be fine targets 'eadin' out on their own as they be.

For us, we already be targets but, if'n they be 'avin' a spy in their midst, our plan be nothin' but a words in the air.

Be soundin' as bright as our doin's always be, eh, hohoho."

Extremes are always wrong.
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1070 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:37 PM »

"I agree about Anani. She's... intense. She went straight to the fact that knowing the location of the Primordial gave her group power. If nothing else, that speaks to an attitude about power that could cause problems in the future if we succeed."

"But I agree with you about Erika, love. Um, the other one, I mean. She knew something she wasn't saying. She's either the mole... or she knows who is. And if it's the latter..."

I let my voice trail off as possible implications of that thought occur to me.
Navarre
« Reply #1071 on: February 22, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »

Inoke replies.

"Me think Bedlor right. If bad guy is working for some Einshar then god may already know about Primordial now. But we can't stop them alone."

"We need Trust and no one tried to stop us getting it. So they must want Trust too. We just need to get it first, uh-huh."

"Me wonder about Elf woman that hired giants and goblins too. Magdalena Naril took me to Hyde once. She is very tough and evil."

"Me not know if this women is her but she is smart enough to send someone out to stop us before we get far."

Vinnrog grips the hilt of his great axe.

"Then let her try. Me not even met her but me owe her big for what happened to you, uh-huh."
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1072 on: February 22, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »

"Aye...

It be makin' me think a bit meself.

If'n it be so easy for us to be gettin' the Trust on 'count o' Moira an' me lookin' as we do, an' none be stoppin' us on our way to get the Trust, I be thinkin' it not be this other Bedlor an' Moira who be out to get us. Sure'n if fake Bedlor's an' Moira's can be gettin' the thing sure'n the real ones be just as able. Gives me second thinkin's on these others be as bad as we been told they be.

Either way, I be thinkin' a fight'll find us after we be gettin' the Trust. Sure'n we should be preparin' for such."

Navarre
« Reply #1073 on: February 22, 2012, 01:06:56 PM »

Donovan nods.

"To the extent that we can trust anyone, including my counterpart's party, our enemy has done an excellent job in splitting us up. Jett's group is heading in the exact opposite direction and Tren is taking almost half our party elsewhere."

"It is the kind of divide and conquer Hyde is famous for. When will we learn?"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1074 on: February 22, 2012, 01:09:51 PM »

Bed looks over at Tren and smiles

"See, mate. I be tellin' ye: Divide an' Conquer, just as it be spoken now.

Ye should keep wit' us an' be that surprise that surprises our surprisers...aye.

Be a lovely day though, eh, mates?"

Bed concentrates in the World Spirit as he takes in the day.

Navarre
« Reply #1075 on: February 22, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »

You all find the day exceptionally warm. Despite the early hour, you find yourselves sweating already. Water and shade will definitely be called for today.

Bedlor, you allow the World Spirit to seep through you. You remind yourself that it always does, as it does everyone, but you relax and seek to become more aware of it.

The World Spirit is strong, permeating everything from your friends to the trees and the earth beneath your feet. You do, surprisingly, find yourself slightly more aware of Aphra and Inoke than the others.

But the feeling is faint, as if only a residual energy that has left their bodies to leave a lingering afterglow.
Navarre
« Reply #1076 on: February 22, 2012, 05:00:25 PM »

Erika looks at you, T'Ning.

"I don't understand. If the other Me is the traitor then what is she getting out of it?"

"But if she isn't but knows who is, why wouldn't she tell someone? I'm confused."
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1077 on: February 22, 2012, 05:05:33 PM »

I hadn't really managed to think it through to a definite conclusion myself, which was why my sentence trailed off, but as Erika speaks a notion occurs.

"Oh wow... what if... what if you... um, she... made a deal with Maldomkin that Abby would love her if she helped him? Wesley Carrigan did that in the other world. We know Maldomkin is capable of giving that, even if it didn't end well for Wesley as he knew it wasn't real."

"If she knows who it is, though... well... what if it's ackshully Abby herself? You... she... might be hoping to join Abby and get some of her attention that way."

"The Abby we all knew would never do such a thing of course. But this isn't her. Not ezackly. And that Erika isn't you."
Navarre
« Reply #1078 on: February 22, 2012, 05:09:09 PM »

Erika replies.

"I would never place the world in danger just to get what I want. I wouldn't do that, not even for Abby's love."

Moira shakes her head.

"Well, I wouldn't seduce my way to the top of the Illumian Order solely to have all that power to myself either. But, as T'Ning says, these people are not us."

Erika grows quiet but can only nod in agreement.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1079 on: February 22, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »

"Sure'n the road o' life be full o' slight turns.

Be talk though, nothin' more. I be sayin' it be botherin' me more than I be likin' to 'ave that other group go off knowin' what we be thinkin' we be knowin'. Bah, nothin' to be doin' 'bout it anyways. Still, can't 'elp but feelin' we be settin' 'em up in a way.

Hmmm...seein' what comes o' us after we be gettin' the Trust, an' more to the point, who be doin' the acts to us, be tellin' more than any guessin' we be comin' up wit'. Not that I be mindin' it, I'll be sayin'. I ne'er be gettin' used to Broomsticks voice. But deeper than a gnome, eh?

But we be useful to all right now, by my seein'. All who be knowin' 'bout us that be. Trouble, as always, be comin' to find us 'fore it be done.

But I'd be likin' 'earin's on our current doin's. What ye all make o' this trip to the West city? Sure'n I be...'avin' some feelin's on meetin' certain folk..."

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74
  Print  

Jump to: