Major Spoilers Forum
July 31, 2014, 10:32:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 69- Manor of Death  (Read 17752 times)
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 21, 2011, 08:38:32 AM »

Tren moves to his side.

"It is my intention to stay with you Mordelus. I have no words of parting yet."

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #466 on: December 21, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »

Tren, you move to the side of your former and new master. You feels the shadows take hold of you as they do when you Shadow Walk.

The cloak of Mordelus Arkane becomes like living night, flowing outward in shadowy tendrils. The world warps around you and all becomes dark as you vanish from Moonshadow Manor with Mordelus Arkane and Lark Moonshadow.

{Combat perhaps effectively ended. But it is your turn, Anbar, if you wish to act prior to anyone else being able to do so.}
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: December 21, 2011, 09:14:32 AM »

{Know Arc on whether the damage that's already been done to Marcus has affected anything with regard to me being able to harm him}
Navarre
« Reply #468 on: December 21, 2011, 09:25:02 AM »

Your knowledge of the arcane suggests that the Shadow Lord is resistant to harm from anything less than a weapon of Valor's power. There are, however, vulnerabilities that he possesses by virtue of his vampiric nature that would allow you to harm him directly.

A wooden stake through his heart will slay him. But if the stake is removed he will revive.

To prevent this he can be permanently slain by severing the head from the body, stuffing the mouth with consecrated bread or other suitable blessed material, then burning the head and body in separate places.

A vampire can also be destroyed by being immersed under running water for a time. Likewise, natural sunlight will destroy then if they cannot avoid it.
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: December 21, 2011, 09:29:52 AM »

I look to Templar.

"I am so sorry for your loss."

Especially that part of it that was at my own hand.
I look down at Marcus. But we must still finish this. As much as we can, at any rate.
Navarre
« Reply #470 on: December 21, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »

Juris's jaw is clenched so firmly he can barely speak.

"Thank you," is all he says.

Silverleaf moves forward and examines Marcus.

"The holy arrows were not adequate to finish Lark. Mordelus knows this of course."

"I think we should finish Valor's cut and we can get the remains outside. There will at least be ashes...if you wish to take them back to Aurora, Juris."

"Mordelus had the blessed wafers with him. Does anyone have anything sanctified?"
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #471 on: December 21, 2011, 09:44:27 AM »

{I don't think so, unless my own body counts as sanctified due to being a Sacred Attendant... would it?}

"Would not the sunlight outside be sufficient?"

Also. There is something evil in a void beneath this house. Do you know what it is?
Navarre
« Reply #472 on: December 21, 2011, 09:54:12 AM »

Silverleaf nods.

"The sunlight will do."

Juris looks at you as Silverleaf gathers Marcus's sleeping body.

"Something evil beneath this manor?"

"Perhaps you see nothing but evil wherever you look,"
he says bitterly, looking to Bronwyn.

"I will inform Zellana and the other Legends. We may need a Cleric of her caliber if there is something like that lurking below us."

"I will be taking my granddaughter back to Aurora for burial, next to the ashes of her father."

"Who is the boy? Does he have any family?"
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: December 21, 2011, 10:16:30 AM »

"Canus."

I believe he had another name, but Canus is the name he chose. I believe his father's body is downstairs, another victim of these people and of his own indifference. He had already chosen to become the monster that I knew in the far future. I do not know how he would wish to be buried, but probably not with his father.
Navarre
« Reply #474 on: December 21, 2011, 10:27:36 AM »

Juris replies.

"Canus? I have heard of a man by that name. The Shadow Lord's torture expert, if I recall."

"But if we find anyone in the manor we will interrogate them and see what we can learn about the boy's past. Canus may have been adept at torture but Salem Kane is most persuasive in her own right."
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: December 21, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »

I nod.

"This one was his apprentice."

Took the name for his own. I believe the original is still tied up downstairs.
Navarre
« Reply #476 on: December 21, 2011, 12:56:14 PM »

Juris replies.

"I will have Salem interrogate Canus when she arrives. She and Serena Greycloak are dealing with the remaining members of the Coven across the scarecrow fields."

"I will see the boy buried as best fits him. Perhaps that will be in Aurora if he has no other home."

"As for you, you have committed unprovoked murder. I would see some justice done upon you for that."

"But, you are not a citizen of Chrysaria; nor even of Weirholme, by your saying. I have no laws to which I can hold you save the law of righteousness itself."

You assess Juris Templar, probing for not only any pending threat to you but, more importantly, his true intentions concerning everything he has said. The man is greatly torn.

Juris Templar is both warrior and soldier. As general of Chrysaria's army, the man knows that even innocents sometimes suffer in the face of war.

If he were to raise every fallen soul, his faith tells him that the balance of the universe would be upset. He has faced this dilemma many times; each time doing what he believes to be right in letting those lost lives go to their final reward, wherever that may be.

But he struggles with his faith like a tangible foe in the face of losing his granddaughter. He wants, more than nearly anything, to have the chance to see her smile and live the childhood he knows was denied her.

Still, it more what he wants more than nearly anything. The one thing that matters more to Juris than love is honor.

You get the feeling he sacrificed his honor for love once before and that perhaps that began this long series of tragedies that has culminated in Bronwyn's death. As much as he wishes none of that had happened, the only thing worse would be to once again compound his crime with another borne of a lesson unlearned.

It is even to your advantage that young Canus died with her. Once honest with himself, Juris sees that he would be willing to see Bronwyn raised but would consider Canus as unfortunate collateral damage. It shows this wise man the error of his thoughts as his heart seeks to cry out louder than his morality.

Juris Templar thus fully intends to ensure that the souls of both Bronwyn and Canus are brought to peace and that the bodies are beyond any sort of resurrection.

Silverleaf returns, having taken Marcus's body outside so that Juris did not have to.

"It is done, Juris. I saw the results myself."

"I have received word from Zellana. Salem and Serena are on their way here. The Coven has been stopped. Kassandra Kane is dead."

"Hunter, Jon, Brianna, and Piper have defeated the Shadow Legion, but not without cost."

"Jon and Piper are dead. I am sorry."

".... ..."

"I...I informed Zellana of this man's claim of something beneath Moonshadow Manor. All of the other Legends should arrive soon."

"I cannot contact Foster though. Zellana has sent a message to Salem and Serena, as they were close to the Coven's mire. I will keep you apprised."

"Your own men have sustained some heavy losses but the Shadow Lord's guards are defeated and the manor is secured. We found several servants and a man tied up downstairs."

"From his cursing I believe one of the men who attacked him was that elf who left with Mordelus. He also mentioned a dwarf and some red-furred gnoll but we have not found them. We are searching the premises again until the other Legends arrive."

"Also, I have taken the liberty to place Marcus's remain in an urn we found downstairs. I..thought you would want it."

Silverleaf extends his hands, holding a black metallic urn.

Juris nods to Silverleaf. He takes the urn before he regards you, seeing you watching him.

"There has been enough 'justice' for one day. Go home, sir, wherever you may find that."
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #477 on: December 21, 2011, 01:53:32 PM »

"I have none."

I have never had a home, but even the world I have known is no more, after what has happened today. I have done great evil in the name of preventing a greater evil and making that world a better place. But I have no place there.

I walk over to Templar and get down on my knees in front of him.

"Sir, I crave a chance to redeem what I have done."

My actions today were for good reason but that makes them no less unforgiveable. I would seek to spend the rest of my life here, in this world, working to make it a better place also. And if you will have me, I offer myself as your servant, the one I have hurt worst. My power is slight, but I have some knowledge of things to come that may yet be unchanged by what has happened here. I know something of where Mordelus may go, who he may work with, and what he may do. You may take advantage of what I know - or not - as you wish. I will serve in whatever capacity you see fit.

Meanwhile I urge Pan, through my empathic bond, to go through the portal and inform Enghart and the others about what has happened here, to help them understand whatever future they find themselves in.

{Anbar wishes to stay here in this time and place and become an NPC Paladin following in Templar's footsteps; also to use his knowledge of the future to work to prevent bad bits of it from coming to pass - like ensuring Bron stays dead, fighting the evil under the manor, and stopping Helsbeth and Mordelus (and now Lark and Tren apparently) from taking over hell with the dreamstone and all that stuff}
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:56:35 PM by sab39 » Logged
Navarre
« Reply #478 on: December 21, 2011, 03:33:44 PM »

Juris glances at Silverleaf. The elven Ranger only raises already-arched eyebrows and paces off to tend to the bodies of Bronwyn and Canus.

Juris replies.

"I have always believed the best justice comes from redemption, not retribution. To punish you allows you to fill the role of being the victim without teaching you the true pain you have caused."

"Come with me. Stand at my side as I weep for my family. If there is the capacity for empathy in you, then I offer you the opportunity to feel these things."

"From it I hope, not for retribution, but for wisdom and growth. Would that I might produce at least one good thing from the tragedies of my own choices, then perhaps you and I both will live better lives."

So it is...and was...that Anbar Snowdrop lived on in a world not his own...yet so very much of his own making. Where the rest of his story...and history...leads has yet to be written.

{End of Chapter 69.}

{Level up!
I'm giving you two levels for this amazing turn of events at your collective hands!}
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]
  Print  

Jump to: