Major Spoilers Forum
April 18, 2014, 06:19:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 69- Manor of Death  (Read 15100 times)
Navarre
« Reply #420 on: December 19, 2011, 09:27:43 PM »

Anbar, the Legends that you see (Mordelus Arkane, Silverleaf, and Juris Templar) show some signs of having been in battle. But it does not appear they are significantly wounded. Perhaps they have been the intended surgical strike force all along while their forces assault Moonshadow Manor in a more obvious approach.
Navarre
« Reply #421 on: December 19, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »

Foster nods, a look of thoughtful resignation on his face.

"Yes. Given the chance to set right something we know to be so wrong, ethics dictate that we achieve the greater good."

"I cannot approach the Moonshadows directly. I too am a Nexus, you see. My intrinsic nature will cause...unpredictable metaphysical ruptures in reality if I am too close to them."

"I need someone to act where I cannot. I have gained that aid already but, given the loss that will surely come with that, tell me this last thing..."

"Would you be willing to lose all dignity and honor in the eyes of the universe, except that you quietly know to be true within, for the sake of saving it?"

"Would you be willing to be the worst of villains, if you knew you were the hero that stands in the shadows of your crimes?"
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

Never quit :)

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 19, 2011, 09:38:17 PM »

"Given my present cOmpany....."

Tren looks back at Helsbeth.

"That sentiment does not scare me.."

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
« Reply #423 on: December 19, 2011, 09:53:56 PM »

Foster nods. He looks at Helsbeth.

"Your petty schemes are nothing to me, woman. Begone, while I am feeling merciful."

Helsbeth regards Foster with great doubt, tilting her head to the side.

"Why would you let me go? You must not know what I seek at all, to be such a fool. ... Then, I would be a fool to persuade you to change your mind, would I not?"

"Come Serena. Lux. Away we go."

Foster shakes his head.

"No. They stay. Your link to your familiar will be severed by the reaches of Hell. The cat is free to go about its life."

"Serena Kane, well, Hell is no place for a child to be raised...if I am to hazard a guess,"
he says, looking you over, Tren.

Helsbeth narrows her eyes but decides to take the opportunity open to her. She steps into the stone circle and quickly draws a rune about her feet with a piece of sulfurous stone.

You smell and feel the familiarity of Hell itself as it opens about her for only an instant. You have never seen anyone traverse the planes as easily as drawing a simple rune yet it seems as nothing to her.

As Helsbeth disappears, Abraham Foster looks at Serena before speaking to you.

"I still have matters to which I must attend. The entirety of this plan is a most delicate thing, perhaps as much folly as faith. But it is the best plan I have."

"You say you have a teleportation open to you? Then take it and return to the largest room on the upper east side of the manor house."

"You will find my friends there. At least, my friends for today."

"You are tasked with a single purpose: Do not allow Juris Templar to kill Bronwyn Moonshadow's parents. Yet, and hear this well..."

"Lark Moonshadow must die this day, by your hands. ... Now go!"
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 19, 2011, 09:58:20 PM »

"And when it is done. What happens to me then?"

Navarre
« Reply #425 on: December 19, 2011, 10:02:01 PM »

Foster replies.

"Then I will find you. I will quietly reward you for your sacrifice, if it is payment and power you wish."

"All that matters is that the fate of the universes is saved. But I will keep my word to you."

Serena yells at you.

"Don't you listen to him, Elf! Don't kill Bron's mother...please!"
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 19, 2011, 10:15:26 PM »

"If you are aware. As I think you are then you should know that Bronwyn may still snap with the death of her mother no?"

Tren looks to Serena and smiles sympathetically.

"I know this sounds horrible but there is something you must know. In my future Bronwyn is known only as the ravager. She is responsible for the destruction for countless people and worlds. I do not believe in changing history but it seems the fates want it to be so. There have been to many opportunities it seems to be natural."

"You are also in the future you know. And from what I hear a beautiful and powerful sorceress. I would like to see it for myself one day. Promise me only this. Follow what you believe to be true no matter what anyone says. Not Foster, not Helsbeth. Not even me. Only what's inside you. And please, do everyone a favor and show us your smile."

Tren stands and teleports to the room Foster described.

Navarre
« Reply #427 on: December 19, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »

Serena holds your gaze firmly. Her chestnut eyes show both power and promise withing, though it may be her promise you will have cause to fear.

"I will follow what I know to be right for myself. Do not doubt that."

"And do not doubt that I will remember you, Tren Moonstride. I will. I promise you that."

Her cool, near-emotionless tone defies any reply as your teleportation effect takes hold. You suddenly find yourself inside of Moonshadow Manor again.

You see the scene unfolded before you. Bronwyn Moonshadow has been felled by what looks to be an electrical strike. Canus kneels next to her, having stabilized her.

Anbar is still here, along with his bear. They have not left as you urged.

In the far corner is Silverleaf. Though you have never met the legendary hero of your people, his armor Yollana-Thar and especially the exact bow you have across your back, mark him easily.

Near him, advancing your way with a sword that looks to be a replica of that seen in the hands of Sir Peter Carrigan in Union Point, is a knight in gleaming silver armor. The descriptions you have heard lead to the quick conclusion this is Juris Templar.

Your eyes set upon Mordelus Arkane, your master for every day you can remember for so long. He looks different, not so much in appearance but in presence.

It dawns on you what it is you sense in him that you never saw before: Faith.

It is not Hope, though there is that. No, Mordelus showed much hope in Hell.

But that hope was almost a side-effect of a dark conviction to change the entire universe to his deepest personal desires. What you see here is the sort of faith a man carries when he truly believes he wouldn't have to.

You are suddenly distracted by the burning bed at the other end of the room. Two individuals lie sleeping beneath covers that blaze around them.

They could only be the Shadow Lord, Marcus Moonshadow... and his lover, sister, and bride: Lark.

{Still Anbar's turn. Tren will get to act in the posted initiative order.}
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: December 20, 2011, 06:37:12 AM »

In a tone of contempt and disgust, I exclaim, "You!"

{Does Tren seem to still have the amulet and the knife? Or did he only take the amulet and I still have the knife in the first place?}
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 20, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »

"Stand where you are Anbar. This time I am not here to stop you."

Tren seems completely indifferent with no real tone to his voice.

Navarre
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2011, 07:17:52 AM »

{Does Tren seem to still have the amulet and the knife? Or did he only take the amulet and I still have the knife in the first place?}

{Tren has the amulet and knife. He stowed those earlier so they would not currently be visible but he has them.}
Navarre
« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2011, 07:20:09 AM »

{Tren has the amulet and knife. He stowed those earlier so they would not currently be visible but he has them.}

{Sorry, let me revise that. I narrated that Tren had both the Totem and knife but Tren only said he took the Totem.

Anbar still has the knife.}
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »

"Then you intend to return what you took?"
Strifeter
Dinosaucer

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2011, 07:52:29 AM »

"Sorry doesn't fit with the plan. Someone our colleagues and allied with has tasked me with something. I would need that knife from you and we cannot let Templar kill the Moonshadows."

Tren looks over at the legends.

sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2011, 07:53:38 AM »

{Tren knows the knife has no particular power over anything but the totem, right?}
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32
  Print  

Jump to: