Major Spoilers Forum
September 02, 2014, 01:52:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 69- Manor of Death  (Read 18592 times)
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 19, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »

"So it is you who has orchestrated the whole scene was it? Interesting? Tell me Serena did one of the legends hold this?"

Tren pulls out Silverleafs bow.
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #391 on: December 19, 2011, 11:29:33 AM »

Serena blinks and nods.

"I know my artifacts and relics, sir. That is Silverleaf's bow, Hartsong."

"But...the Ranger held the bow in his very hands only just now. How is it that you can have it??"


Helsbeth tilts her head.

"A very fair question, my dear?"
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 19, 2011, 11:43:06 AM »

Tren smiles slightly

"Call me a traveler. One who may know the outcome of what is about to happen in the manor."
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #393 on: December 19, 2011, 11:51:15 AM »

"Is that so?" comes a voice from the kitchen.

A man walks casually into the room. A human of advancing years, he is moderately handsome if rather unremarkable looking.

Dressed in simple trousers, polished brown boots, and a brown vest over a white linen shirt, he carries himself with confident ease. He seems on the one hand a simple person, perhaps a merchant or even a peasant, though your own experiences tell you this man has seen many battles. The toll of those show in the wrinkles around the man's eyes as he looks at you.

He carries a cup of tea in one hand, holding the saucer beneath it with the other. He wears a dagger at his belt but you see no other weapon or sign of defense as he looks at Helsbeth.

"You are clever, but a bit predictable, Helsbeth. I didn't expect you to remain at Moonshadow Manor once the battle began."

"I would like to hear more of this 'plan' of yours myself. But even I have to admit I am taken aback by your presence,"
he concludes, looking back to you, Tren.

Helsbeth stares at him with indignation.

"Who are you? You have no invitation to my home, or to my black tea, scoundrel!" she croaks. He ignores her as he addresses you, Tren.

"Might I trouble you to answer the young lady's question of why you are holding my friend's sacred bow? I know him to be in the manor house even now so I am more than a little perplexed."

"A 'Traveler' you call yourself? Well now, I would know something of that as well. But I don't know you, good sir."

"Seeing as you are 'traveling' with some of the worst souls I have ever had the misfortune of encountering, I think it may behoove you to enlighten me just a bit further. ... If you please,"
he finishes with a nod of politeness, as if regretting he ever made a threat to you.
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: December 19, 2011, 11:54:47 AM »

Anbar moves S, E, NE, NE (25ft) to O19
Panserbjørn moves S, S, E (15ft) to M21

I stride confidently into the center of the room and cast Lightning Bolt in a line through Bronwyn and Marcus - the two known to have survived in the history that I am aware of.

Lightning Bolt damage to Bron and Marcus (Reflex save for half damage, DC20) (7d6=28) {Hoping this might do things like set the bed afire too, which could help damage both Moonshadows even beyond the initial damage, if they still don't wake}

Meanwhile, Pan follows and attacks Canus, attempting to Grapple him.

Grapple (1d20+11=12) {Nat 1 Sad }

Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 19, 2011, 11:59:03 AM »

Tren faces this man

"I will answer your questions without issue so long as I can have a name to whom I am speaking."

Tren nods back.
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #396 on: December 19, 2011, 12:02:41 PM »

The man takes a sip of his tea, his soft blue eyes watching you casually.

"Fair enough. No reason to abandon common manners and decency, even in the face of the holocaust."

"Fair Day. Abraham Foster, sir. "
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 19, 2011, 12:13:04 PM »

Tren smiles at the name.

"Funny how I was always told that you could answer all of my questions and now here you are and I can't think of one.."
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #398 on: December 19, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »

Abraham Foster smiles, seemingly quite relaxed and congenial.

"Perhaps we can enlighten each other, sir. Still, you haven't answered my question concerning Hartsong, nor why you are in the company of, excuse me, this witch?"

"Time is of quite the essence here, have no doubt."


He eyes Helsbeth carefully, as she takes a step toward the nearest wall.

"Don't," he warns firmly, before waiting for your reply.
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 19, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »

"My apologies. It is true I have not. You see I am from another time. And this bow belonged to the hero of my people before his death. I found it in the hands of a dwarf and reclaimed it in the name of the elves. You see this is the same bow it just travels through with me now."
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #400 on: December 19, 2011, 12:43:59 PM »

Foster nods.

"I see. That is such an incredulous story I can only believe it to be true."

"Very well, perhaps this is a more relevant question then: What are you doing here, in your past? Of all the moments in time, why are you here, in this Now?"
Logged
Strifeter
Dinosaucer
*******
Posts: 2187

Never quit :)


View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 19, 2011, 12:50:53 PM »

"Initially I did not mean to come here. I was merely moving from one plane to the next with my colleagues when I came upon Hellsbeth. She needed something I could provide and I needed something from her. We merely met to a mutual agreement. One in which I still intend to collect."

Tren looks back at Hellsbeth and Serena.

"I know of you Foster. Or perhaps your future self. With you it is hard to say. As you say time is of the essence but as it stands now I have nowhere to go. Helsbeth here has agreed to help me learn to manipulate souls and protect myself from those known as nexus. But I suppose you may also no something of that."
Logged

I got souls, they multiplyin'
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #402 on: December 19, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »

Anbar, everyone awake in the room looks to you in complete surprise. No one expected a seven foot tall naked man and his black bear to barge into the scene unfolding here this day.

Panserbjorn growls as she makes a quick move to constrain Canus. But between you and she both trying to get through only one of the bed chambers doors while taking care to avoid the magical portal of the other, your companion stumbles.

Canus thinks better of attacking the bear in return. But the combination of slick hardwood floors and, oddly enough, a bearskin run, make for a slide that will prevent Panserbjorn from recovering too soon. {-5 penalty to next initiative roll}

Meanwhile, you burst into the room as you summon forth a bolt of pure white electricity that jets across the length of the bed chamber. Bronwyn has no time to even register the shock on her face that reflects that coursing through her body.

{Bronwyn's save vs Lightning Bolt, DC 20: 1d20+10=12. Fail. Damage 28.}

Bronwyn screams as her entire body shakes like a puppet manipulated by an unseen and crazed puppeteer. Her blue and green eyes widen at you in horrified terror at those who have come into her house to attack, and likely kill, her and her sleeping parents. She slumps unconscious to the ground, looking like nothing but a poor defenseless girl.

Before she even drops, the bolt flies through her small frame, surging out of her on the other side before striking the spot where the Shadow Lord, Marcus Moonshadow, lies.

{Caster level check vs Marcus's SR 37: Caster Level check (1d20+7+2=13). Fail.}

Even in his sleep, the unimaginable magical resistance of the Shadow Lord defies your spell as if you had tossed confetti at him. The lightning bolt strike the light quilt covering the couple's lower halves.

{Bed's save vs catching fire, DC 15: 1d20=11. Fail.}

The bed sheets ignite. Talons of flame rake at the sleeping couple.

Their bodies seem resistant to the initial damage of the fire as well. They don't even stir.

The man in the black robes starts then turns to you with questioning fury.

"Who are you?" he demands, his hands already raising in the beginning of an arcane spell should it come to that.

"I gave this girl a promise that we would not harm her or her parents!"

Behind him, Silverleaf looks at Juris Templar, who makes a move toward the bed where his children lie. Valor glows an eerie green in the light of your flames. The look on the face of the world's foremost hero is many shades more eerie and dark.

"Yes, Mordelus. You did."
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #403 on: December 19, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »

{Grid for Round 1}

Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: December 19, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »

"Anbar."

And for your forbearance, three entire worlds including this one have burned at her hand.

Besides, you have not broken your promise.


{In the history I knew, who slew Lark?}
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!