Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 03:01:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Adventurers Wanted! Teaching D&D to My Children  (Read 4761 times)
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 09:59:01 PM »

Grin  Grin  Grin

They are pretty cool, I might keep 'em

Dunno what I'm gonna do next, I found a 2e module kind of made for kids with a moderately spooky tower, might be fun to try

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 09:08:28 AM »

okay, so my daughters been having trouble keeping track of her spells and rituals, so im putting together a little spellbook with some mystical doodles and fun fonts in it. its looking kinda cool, but now im realizing the boy's gonna be PISSED if he doesnt get something too.

since he cant read yet, I was thinking of just pictues of his character performing the various attacks, but what would be a cool way to display them? maybe a cybernetic looking cube he can hold? a papercraft sword or something? im really puzzled what would be cool yet helpful for him

Beta Ray Bill Cosby
Administrator
Snorkasaurus

Bill?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 03:13:42 PM »

okay, so my daughters been having trouble keeping track of her spells and rituals, so im putting together a little spellbook with some mystical doodles and fun fonts in it. its looking kinda cool, but now im realizing the boy's gonna be PISSED if he doesnt get something too.

since he cant read yet, I was thinking of just pictues of his character performing the various attacks, but what would be a cool way to display them? maybe a cybernetic looking cube he can hold? a papercraft sword or something? im really puzzled what would be cool yet helpful for him
pop up book

AKA: Rodrigo
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 05:42:06 PM »

Oh heavens! That sounds like an awful lot of work.

Thinking I'll go with something like a bracer with buttons he can push for his attacks. Maybe I can find an iron man costume thingey I can modify or something.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 01:52:33 AM »

Might take a little research but something like this might be what you're looking for. It would take a bit of work to build it but at the same time would look cool and I bet you son would like it.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 03:31:55 AM »

oh snap thats PERFECT! i hadnt even thought of one of those
they even made a toy one as i recall, I bet i can find one on ebay or something. thanks man!

Beta Ray Bill Cosby
Administrator
Snorkasaurus

Bill?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 12:40:45 PM »

Also the Free Magic Card Designer makes Yu-Gi-OH! sized cards as well. You can copy and print his particular cards, even throw in some art with minimal effort.

AKA: Rodrigo
Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 06:03:05 PM »

I need to look into that. I was planning on just drawing cards with pictures of his character doing the various powers, lopping off someone arm and hitting another dude for cleave and the like, with small text at the bottom. He typically sits by his older cousin when we play and gets help and advice from him, then his cousin just takes over his character when he gets bored and takes a spongebob break.

Found a PDF for a papercraft dual disk thing I'm gonna try and build for him and add on one of the PDFs or a scaled down final fantasy sword. Been all about the papercraft miniatures and props, made it a lot of fun. I'm working on two pirate ships now for a sea voyage we're going to take after we get done with the haunted tower we're currently in.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 08:34:34 AM »

We started a new campaign tonight so we can be doing something while I finish the pirate ships for our big sea adventure

It's a module for an original D&d that I modified to work for 4e called "the haunted tower"
Finally got to use all the paper miniatures & dungeon props I've been maki mover the past few weeks, and they were so into it! Usually our sessions last anywhere from an hour or two, by tonight we scoured the basement of that that tower and killed bugs with vengeful glee fr five and a half hours. Had loads of fun

Thats Owen, Matik and Lilly, respectively

Still gotta finish painting their Mimi's Owens war machine (formerly Zoltar) Isabelle the wizard and matik's terrifying slender man

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 11:12:53 PM »

I noticed the total lack of a small fairy like creature in those photos  Cry

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 11:43:20 PM »

actually, two rooms later, they rescued a halfling from a dinner date with some spiders. who bore a strong resemblence to a certain pixie paladin.

i havent glued on the wings yet to finish painting, so ive just been using him as a gnome or hobbit as the need arises.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »

well, Lilly finally figured out that those rituals could be potentally useful. after rescuing an alchemist from a magical broken mirror, she spent quite some time learning them, and got herself a good supply of magic components.

it was quite charming, they tried comprehend language on a ladybug, a plowhorse,

then they tried casting magic mouth on an NPC's butt, and set it to repeat "Poop chute!" constantly. they then proceded to spend over a hundred GP worth repeating the act on the rest of the townspeople, and were summerally arrested.

Cowboy Centaur
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 06:46:35 AM »

so I've been working on this bit by bit foe awhile. My daughter's been having some trouble keeping her spell cards organized, and has been visibly frustrated several time. (much like me, she's very unorganized) so I put together this little spellbook for her. found the blank pages on google image, and the necronomicon ones on deviantart, at the kind permission for usage of the creator. still not quite done yet, but it was a hoot to put together.

http://s268.photobucket.com/user/prscholtz/library/Lillys_Spellbook

sliksham
Snorkasaurus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 07:15:05 AM »

very cool.
NashKyle
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 04:04:12 PM »

That's very cool!  I can't wait for my girls to get a little older.

As for you sir:  Parenthood.  You're doing it right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: