Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 03:01:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Now you can make a recurring donation to Major Spoilers. Look for the button on the right-hand column of www.majorspoilers.com

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to Professor X?  (Read 5723 times)
drevilz4l
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:19:41 PM »

Hey all. I just started reading X-Men: Schism as a jumping on point. I haven't been up on the universe in a while, except for some wikipedia research. I was wondering where exactly is Professor X. From every source i have found he is still alive (As of Second Coming), but he is no where to be found in Schism. Where has he gone?
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 02:09:16 PM »

Hey all. I just started reading X-Men: Schism as a jumping on point. I haven't been up on the universe in a while, except for some wikipedia research. I was wondering where exactly is Professor X. From every source i have found he is still alive (As of Second Coming), but he is no where to be found in Schism. Where has he gone?

He's around on Utopia. Last seen (if I recall correctly) in X-Men: Legacy during some pretty cool stuff with Legion.

He just isn't that much of a badass anymore. He was a leader, and that was his only role, for quite a long time. Now he doesn't have that role. He's pretty much just a mutant like everyone else.

Extremes are always wrong.
drevilz4l
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:25:19 PM »

Well that clears it up. Thanks!
Marvel2099
V

Spider-Man is still trying to headbutt Wolerine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 08:01:41 AM »

The question now is, what role will he take in AVX?

I think that he may end up being the voice of reason between the two sides. Or the one who tips the scales. 

On a side note I still think Scott is only acting out of charcter due to the tiny piece of The Void still locked away in his mind.

If I had the powers of Multiple Man, I would send one of the dupes to work, one to revise, one to clean my room and one to walk the dog.  While I would stay at home reading comics.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 08:36:35 AM »

The question now is, what role will he take in AVX?

I think that he may end up being the voice of reason between the two sides. Or the one who tips the scales. 

On a side note I still think Scott is only acting out of charcter due to the tiny piece of The Void still locked away in his mind.

I doubt we see him at all during the event. Just too much background to fill-in if he does show up, and the event is already going to bogged down by any story they actually throw in it instead of the constant and repeated fights that are the crux of the event.

No, Cyc is acting in character; its just that his character has changed so much because of the events that have taken place to the mutants. There is no Void/Sentry around anymore anywhere in the Marvel U. And that's the way it should be.

Patrick
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »

Not sure how he will pop up. I thought basically Scott killed him.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 03:37:51 PM »

Not sure how he will pop up. I thought basically Scott killed him.

If what Marvel has been quoted as saying is any indication, Prof. X WILL NOT be back in the comics.

And, yes, there's no "basically" about it, Dark Phoenix Cyclops killed his bald ass. Smiley

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 05:28:31 PM »

If what Marvel has been quoted as saying is any indication, Prof. X WILL NOT be back in the comics.

At least not for a few years.  I've become distrustful any time they say someone will not return from the dead with the history they have with keeping that promise. 

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »

At least not for a few years.  I've become distrustful any time they say someone will not return from the dead with the history they have with keeping that promise. 

Extended history? Yes, I agree.

Recently, however, they have killed off characters, Nightcrawler for example, and have promised to keep them dead for an extended period of time (its funny even reading that back), and I hope it stays that way.

Although, they did bring in AoA Nightcrawler...but that's a bit different. AoA Nightcrawler is a much bigger badass, IMO, than the 616 version.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: