Major Spoilers Forum
July 29, 2014, 09:46:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: General Transformers Thread (now with 30% MORE Energon!)  (Read 2161 times)
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2011, 10:37:06 PM »

Since the talk in the Transformers 3 thread began to include some non-movie related talk, I thought I'd start up a general TF thread.

First off:

I'm not sure what to think of this yet, but has anyone else heard of the Transformers MMO coming next year?  On one hand I would love to play an online Transformers game, but I'm a little worried that everyone is going to basically be the exact same few robot and vehicles with no real chance of individuality.

Secondly:

I know they are essentially just redeco and repainted Arcees, but I really, really want these two BotCon 2011 exclusive figures, Drag Strip and Minerva.  

Third:

I still can't figure out how to transform this toy without looking at the instructions.  I've had it for SEVEN YEARS.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »

DAMN!! You have a Unicron too!?!? Sixshot is still a challenge from time to time for me Smiley
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/250/6/f/Lil_Formers___Sixshot_by_MattMoylan.jpg

I love the idea of a Transformers MMO. Fears of "everyone looking like everyone else" go away if you've ever played an MMO, since pretty much everyone looks alike in those. I see a chance to customize both a robot and a vehicle to be a great chance to push individuality unlike any other MMO has done, with a few pushing that factor and falling flat in the past (that superhero one and the Trek game announced both pushed customization hard).

Extremes are always wrong.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 11:10:45 AM »

I love the idea of a Transformers MMO. Fears of "everyone looking like everyone else" go away if you've ever played an MMO, since pretty much everyone looks alike in those. I see a chance to customize both a robot and a vehicle to be a great chance to push individuality unlike any other MMO has done, with a few pushing that factor and falling flat in the past (that superhero one and the Trek game announced both pushed customization hard).

I've been playing MMOs since a few months after Everquest came out (because an old D&D friend wouldn't shut up about it).  While you do have a point, it's also not that hard to get an almost unique look in most MMOs through mixing and matching armor styles (and use of dyes, if the game has them).  I wouldn't want CoH or Champions level customization or anything, but I do hope they at least have some way to mix and match robot features (such as having a mouth or a faceplate, having different kinds of eyes, and a few others).

DAMN!! You have a Unicron too!?!? Sixshot is still a challenge from time to time for me Smiley
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/250/6/f/Lil_Formers___Sixshot_by_MattMoylan.jpg

Hahaha!!  I love Lil' Formers, it's always so funny....  and usually true. 

But yeah, I grabbed Unicron for $7, in a perfect condition box, at a KB Toys outlet store on the way home from my final checkup at St. Judes.  They were having a special sale at the time and I spent about $50 on TF toys from the toylines Armada, Energon and Universe that would have otherwise cost well over $150. 

And yes, I opened them.  It's not like I play with them on the coffee table or anything (usually), but I do transform them and set them up on my shelves, rotating figures every few weeks (because I have the majority of my collection stored in sturdy plastic containers and limited shelf space in my room). 

SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 03:17:02 AM »

Too many MMOs ugh, I don't think I'm up for the grind anymore. This is coming out a World of Darkness MMO(which looks like Vampire: The Masquerade) is coming out. Just stop, I can't put in the hours to level anymore.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »

Too many MMOs ugh, I don't think I'm up for the grind anymore. This is coming out a World of Darkness MMO(which looks like Vampire: The Masquerade) is coming out. Just stop, I can't put in the hours to level anymore.

You do know you don't have to play them all, right?   Cheesy

Actually, I've been trying a lot of MMOs the last few years seeking one that keeps my interest and doesn't lose the fun factor too easily.  If a game starts feeling like a chore instead of being fun, I usually drop the game.  I think the TF MMO could be fun IF the gameplay mechanics are interesting.  But if it isn't, just being TF isn't going to be enough for me.  For instance, I absolutely love Star Wars, but I stopped playing Star Wars Galaxies when it stopped being fun for me (about the time of the second big game update, when Jedi became a starter class and all my hard work to unlock Jedi and train my combat pets were all rendered completely useless). I love TF just about as much, but I won't be happy with a boring game or a "clone" of another MMO just because it has TF characters.

greyman24
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 03:25:24 PM »

Because awhile ago, my wife signed me up for some customer program at Game Stop, I regularly get Game Informer magazine. Last month, they had a huge, cover story about Transformers: The Fall of Cybertron. There are many things that are fascinating about this game: not the least of which is its preview trailer. This isn't an MMO, but I think it will potentially have multiplayer functionality.

The articles (there are many) have a ton of beautiful painted Transformers art (like below), and give some details about how the game was developed/written. The details in the article show how they are re-writing the Transformers universe to encompass a ton of disparate continuity sources and weave what sounds to be a pretty fascinating tale that tracks pretty well against the original cartoon.

There's even an article that talks about the premise behind the story that's being told in this game, and how it could easily be levied into a brand new series. Highly recommended read. Honestly, reading the abstract, I really hope they use it to make a new series. It'd be a bit more adult than the original cartoon (definitely no Sparkplug Witwicky), but it sure sounds pretty fascinating.

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 03:47:06 PM »

Dear gods, that game looks awesome so far from what I've seen.

Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 08:29:55 PM »

Sadly, I only ever had a handful of Transformers toys, but I did have the original Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Megatron (the bat and crocodile, respectively). The previous Transformers Cybertron video game was very good (a huge improvement over the movie-games), so the follow-up should be awesome. However, I'm really looking forward to season 2 of Transformers Prime! The Prime universe is supposed to tie in to the games, and reset the Transformers into a new continuity for both new and old fans.

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »

The Prime universe is supposed to tie in to the games, and reset the Transformers into a new continuity for both new and old fans.

I find it interesting how much investment they are putting into the Prime continuity, as it seems this will be the "core" TF property for at least the next couple years (or until it stops bringing in the money) according to some articles I've read on TF sites.  It seems like a gamble that is paying off considering they set that in motion before Prime even aired. 

I'm not complaining, though, merely surprised how much faith they must have had in this incarnation. 

I did have the original Beast Wars Optimus Primal and Megatron (the bat and crocodile, respectively).

I remember those!!  And the little comic included that had the original concept (before the TV series came out and changed the story behind the new forms).  They did eventually retcon those toys into characters in either the Japanese or comics continuity (I could look it up but I'm feeling lazy cause I'm sick). 

Now I'm wondering where and when I lost mine.  So many TF toys lost in my many moves, yet I still have my G1 Optimus Prime (and his hands, surprisingly). 

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 12:59:38 PM »

Grin Grin
In a fight, who would win?

A drone operated Gundam G1 or G1 Optimus Prime?

(yes, biased question)

Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 11:16:14 PM »

A question:

I've been re-watching the first season of Transformers Prime, and there's something I'm confused about...what did Megatron do to earn Soundwave's unwavering loyalty? Throughout the season, Soundwave takes measure to ensure Megatron's survival and, in Episode 26 "One Shall Rise Part 3", he viciously beat down Acting-Lord Airachnid when she was going to abandon Megatron. Loyalty like that, especially from a Decepticon, isn't just rare, it's unheard of.

I'm not sure how thorough the continuity is between Transformer-verses, but this seems to be a similar pattern to other Soundwaves and Megatrons; so, what's the cause of Soundwave's loyalty? Huh

Navarre
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »

Maybe Megatron owns some compromising photos of Soundwave with Bumblebee?
Eothr
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 11:55:00 PM »

Maybe Megatron owns some compromising photos of Soundwave with Bumblebee?

Knock-Out: I re-iterate; watch out for the quiet ones....

Breakdown: Wow, good thing I only have one eye, cause I don't wanna know how they're doing that...

Airachnid: Oh my! Hmm...oh Ar-ceeee...

Starscream: OH ALLSPARK! MY OPTICS! MY OPTICS! I CAN'T DELETE IT FROM MY MEMORY BANKS!!

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 11:46:50 PM »

I was quite surprised today to find that I finally got an email regarding Beta for the Transformers Universe online game.  The site had disappeared for a bit a while back, so I had assumed the game was scrapped like so many other games have been over the years, but it reappeared some time ago with Beta registration (mostly just entering an email address and choosing a password).  After that, I'd heard nothing and had stopped checking in on it, but it looks like they are getting closer to actually putting the game out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: