Major Spoilers Forum
September 02, 2014, 01:52:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: A big announcement is coming soon! Visit Major Spoilers often to stay in the loop!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone else like WWE?  (Read 19711 times)
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2011, 11:24:14 AM »

From the wiki

In October 2002, Kane began feuding with Triple H, leading to a match at No Mercy on October 20 in which both Kane's Intercontinental Championship and Triple H's World Heavyweight Championship were at stake. In the weeks preceding the match, Triple H claimed that, several years earlier, Kane had an unrequited relationship with a woman named Katie Vick.[39] He went on to claim that, after Vick was killed in a car crash, Kane (the driver) had sex with her. Triple H later threatened to show video footage of Kane committing the act in question; however, the footage that finally aired showed Triple H (dressed as Kane) simulating mock sex with a mannequin in a casket;[39] Kane's tag team partner The Hurricane responded the following week by showing a video of Triple H (rather, someone wearing a Triple H series of masks) getting an enema. The angle was very unpopular with fans,[40] and was de-emphasised before the title match. Triple H went on to defeat Kane at No Mercy, unifying the two titles

This ranks up there with the Bog Boss Man screwing with Big Show. I believe that included BBM hooking a tow chain to a casket (Show's dad?) and Big Show riding the casket behind a truck of some sort. Classic Smiley

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 12:18:56 PM »

Wow. And I thought the gangland style execution Stone Cold made against McMahon (that turned out to be a pop-flag gun) was in poor taste.   Undecided
Navarre
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »

Dolph Ziggler has a tremendous future. He just needs to polish his gimmick a bit.

He also needs to dump Vickie Guerrero. She's not good for his cool image.

If Dolph had a female with him, I don't think it should be Vickie nor should she be just eye candy. I think the female should be someone more classically beautiful than any of the current female roster but also someone who is as athletic as Dolph is.

Over time, maybe Dolph should have followers. Not a group he gathers or anyone he tries to lead but simply wrestlers who heel (pun!) to him simply because he's awesome. The Messiah of Greatness, if you will.
SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »

Dolph Ziggler has a tremendous future. He just needs to polish his gimmick a bit.

He also needs to dump Vickie Guerrero. She's not good for his cool image.

If Dolph had a female with him, I don't think it should be Vickie nor should she be just eye candy. I think the female should be someone more classically beautiful than any of the current female roster but also someone who is as athletic as Dolph is.

Over time, maybe Dolph should have followers. Not a group he gathers or anyone he tries to lead but simply wrestlers who heel (pun!) to him simply because he's awesome. The Messiah of Greatness, if you will.

Dolph has grown on me, I am liking what he does in the ring and his gimmick. Currently I still love Cody Rhodes and Dolph. Glad to see Jericho back, so I may continue watching for those three, and of course the Miz.
Navarre
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »

I'd like to see Dolph improve on his mic skills and fine-tune his cocky persona. Then something happens where Vickie gets mad at him and he dumps her in a big fashion.

This would develop face support for him but he will have none of it. He's still just as cocky and underhanded as ever.

He would then have to go against people like Jack Swagger or whomever else Vickie could get as well as the current faces. It would leave Dolph as a loved-heel.
It would be somewhat like a Stone Cold Steve Austin thing where he was bad for a time but people were excited about him. But Dolph never stoops to giving credence to the fans or failing to do what he's always done.

Later I would still like to see him get a girlfriend. Some new woman hotter than Stacy Kiebler or Torrie Wilson but non-siliconed and with physical talent on par with some of the guys.

But he would barely even pay attention to her either. They'd work together and he'd occasionally hug up on her but he'd be casual about it, because for him those are the kind of women he (supposedly) could get in a heartbeat.

And he'd still get those followers I mentioned. He disregards them too. Screw valets and followers; he doesn't need them.

But they'd be like free marketing for him even though he ignores it. It would be a total "I'm so incredible I don't need anybody...yet everybody follows me anyway." thing.

I think it would free him from the image burden Vickie places on him by her very presence while setting him in motion for fulfilling his potential. It would be an interesting gimmick; again, sort of that messiah type thing without the religious stuff.

Dolph has enough charisma and skill to pull it off. It would mainly only take some of the other wrestlers being willing to give Dolph that kind of a push.
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 05:29:49 PM »

Dolf had a major moment with Mick Foley on Raw this past week, Jan 16th. A massive leap forward in mic work, and could be the beginning of a career defining feud that could lead to a Wrestlemania match. Given Foley's ability to put people over (Triple H, Edge, Orton) this could be exactly what DZ needs after his title match with Punk next weekend at the Royal Rumble.

CatHaloMovies on FaceBook, @CatHaloMovies twitter.
Navarre
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »

Dolph needed a better shirt under his jacket that night. lol

I agree that he did well on the mic though. I think if he'd dump "Excuse Me! I'm a banshee!" Vickie he could go even farther.

C.M. Punk totally pwned Johnny L. at the end of Raw though! That was some damn fine mic work there from our champion.   Smiley
SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 10:00:36 AM »

Dolph needed a better shirt under his jacket that night. lol

I agree that he did well on the mic though. I think if he'd dump "Excuse Me! I'm a banshee!" Vickie he could go even farther.

C.M. Punk totally pwned Johnny L. at the end of Raw though! That was some damn fine mic work there from our champion.   Smiley
Vickie generates tons of heat though, say what you will people extremely dislike that woman. Though Dolph does need to break free as Vockie currently eclipses Dolph as a heel.
Navarre
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »

Dolph is on the verge of excellence. He just needs a few tweaks.

Dump annoying spotlight-hogging Vickie and get an uber-hot but incredibly athletically capable woman.

Ditch the pink shirts and zebra stripe trunks and make a style evolution.

Instead of being a "show-off" become something more akin to a Mr. Perfect.

It's like Shawn Michaels. If you look at him in his Rocker days, then early on as a hell, then at his height as The Heartbreak Kid, there is a definite evolution there.

Dolph needs that. He could be the next Shawn Michaels or Mr. Perfect if he does.
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2012, 06:34:51 AM »

So... Royal Rumble tomorrow night Smiley My second favorite PPV of the year. My favorite match of the year. I'm torn between three potential victors. Jericho. Orton. Seamus. Ziggler (CM Punk wins, so he enters Rumble) But, as with every year, they'll undoubtedly do something incredibly cool and/or ridiculous.

coolmint
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2012, 09:22:28 PM »

I was a fan of WWE from the WWF days, in the 1990's actually.
I was a huge fan of Undertaker and used to collect cards. At that time probably one of my friends had the largest collection, n i even bribed him to give me a few. Grin At the time of the match telecast everything was kept aside.
The comics too were simply exciting, though not really attractively written, they didn't reduced the fun in reading.

Now-a-days 1-2 matches once in a while keeps my interest alive.
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »

Now-a-days 1-2 matches once in a while keeps my interest alive.
I know how you feel. I'm only ever a couple of bad shows away from dropping out altogether... but that being said, there's always some angle, some character, some match that keeps me hooked. Much like a drug. And the Rumble, which leads to 'Mania, is no time to quit. I am, in fact, so excited that I watched The Wrestler today. Grim yet brilliant flick. Rourke is amazing in it. I've a full review of it over at my FaceySpace page (CatHaloMovies)

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2012, 01:19:59 AM »

I watched "Celebrity Wife Swap" earlier because Mick Foley was one of families.  I was pretty entertained, though, when the women that was swapped with his wife (the fiancee of Antionio Sabato Junior) started throwing a fit when they pretty much just told her she needs to slow down and relax more. 

It wasn't quite as good as a wrestling storyline, but it's the only episode of that series I've ever enjoyed.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »

Saw it. The wife likes that show.

It only reaffirmed my belief that Mick Foley is just a regular old guy. A fan who became a Superstar.

Extremes are always wrong.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2012, 04:46:49 PM »

It only reaffirmed my belief that Mick Foley is just a regular old guy. A fan who became a Superstar.

That's one of the reasons I like him so much. I respect everything he did pushing himself and what he gave of himself to be a success, but at his core he's just a "normal" guy and not some flashy phony. 

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: