Major Spoilers Forum
August 23, 2014, 02:30:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone else like WWE?  (Read 19359 times)
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2013, 01:14:53 PM »

Won't that set up Rock v. Cena at Wrestlemania?

I don't mind, but are they really going to ride the Rock that hard? With the championship and all that; having to make ALL those appearances? Not to mention it feels like WCW all over again in a way. Not that I mind that either...just saying.

All also say that I *heart* Paul Heyman's whole holding the belt up all the time. I miss oldschool, awesome managers and their schticks. Smiley

Extremes are always wrong.
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2013, 07:14:59 PM »

Speaking of The Rock, he has a bunch of big movies this year, including Pain & Gain, GI Joe 2, and Fast 6. But which are your favorite of his current movies?
If you have the time, and inclination,cast your vote at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cat-Halo-Movies/252936541426409

CatHaloMovies on FaceBook, @CatHaloMovies twitter.
Firefox
Car Insurance Gecko

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2013, 12:47:42 AM »

Dunno what you think, but it looked like Vince fell hard earlier tonight.  Kinda predicted it when Lesnar came out.  Anyways, I was tired of seeing Paul Heyman, he is no Paul Bearer, I miss him. 

With Mick Foley, Bob Backlund and now Trish Stratus being in the hall of fame, any predictions on whom else will be brought in?
Navarre
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2013, 09:04:00 AM »

I'm not sure about any new inductees. They have some options though.

It looks like Wrestlemania is going to go the Cena/Rock and Lesnar/HHH route so far. I think I already saw that show.  Roll Eyes
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2013, 10:47:36 AM »

I'm not sure about any new inductees. They have some options though.

It looks like Wrestlemania is going to go the Cena/Rock and Lesnar/HHH route so far. I think I already saw that show.  Roll Eyes

I know I have already seen that show Smiley

And of course Heyman is no Paul Bearer. The character manager is long gone. Its just nice to see it reoccurring in ANY fashion, even if its just Paul holding up the belt the way he does...hehe, which I love...I mean, loved, I guess Sad

SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2013, 10:45:45 PM »

Won't that set up Rock v. Cena at Wrestlemania?

I don't mind, but are they really going to ride the Rock that hard? With the championship and all that; having to make ALL those appearances? Not to mention it feels like WCW all over again in a way. Not that I mind that either...just saying.

All also say that I *heart* Paul Heyman's whole holding the belt up all the time. I miss oldschool, awesome managers and their schticks. Smiley
I agree but that kind of manager like bobby the brain heenan and mr. Fuji, went out the window when Women like Sable came into the fray.
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2013, 07:03:42 PM »

So... New belt!! What do we think?

Navarre
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2013, 07:09:18 AM »

WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer. Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2013, 09:23:53 AM »

I heard about this and was surprised how young he was. He was a great manager and character back in his day.

A couple of things: Hugo Chavez died too, and, you know, I never saw them in the same room together Wink

Also, with Punk/Taker at Mania, and Punk being the only current wrestler with an honest to goodness manager character at his side, do we think that WWE will push or allow Bearer to be mentioned as they build steam to the event?

I want to say "no", but I have no doubt it would be interesting, Bearer would want it and Taker could get just a bit more of that old-school love by being able to draw on such an important relationship from WWE's past.

Navarre
« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2013, 09:43:59 AM »

There has been a lot of speculation about that among the wrestling fans.

The feud with Taker and Punk only started this week and has little time to build momentum. It really has no particular purpose for happening at all save Punk needs someone to fight.

This event, tragic though it is, could be exactly what is needed. Punk is the sort of man that would make reference to Paul's passing, saying something like, "Everything has its time and everything ends. Just as your manager has shuffled off the mortal coil, so too will your streak end at Wrestlemania. Ashes to ashes."

Man, I wish I could be a writer for the WWE.  Smiley
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2013, 09:52:32 AM »

Do they have writers writing line-by-line dialogue and monologue, though? Its never really occurred to me to ponder how much scripting is actually scripted Smiley

I like to think that the Superstars are doing a lot of this stuff on the fly, but I think its naive to think that there aren't emails and meetings between star and an entire pool of writers. Sure, the overarching story arcs are scripted by writers, and in-the-ring stuff is, to an extent, more of a rehearsed dance with only a bit of improvisation, and I guess even "big" moments in the ring have to made up, communicated and rehearsed to assure everything goes according to plan...

but, maybe its the little boy in me that still wants to believe that wrestlers are still coming up with a bunch of the smacktalk all on their own...prolly a bit naive...more than a bit?? Smiley

Navarre
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »

No, Punk's mic work is basically all his own. He has many times looked at a script the writers have handed him before he goes out and ripped it up right in front of them.

It's one of the reasons Vince doesn't like him. But Vince also knows Punk's mic work is superb and he draws in money. So he lets it go.

Some stars stick to a script more than others. Even Punk will make sure to get in the major elements required to further the story line.

So, like the matches themselves, it's not a moment-by-moment script but the important moments are cemented in place for a given segment. But, hey, I'd be honored to have CM Punk tear up my script.
SpiderLover

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 09, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »

Punk is given the trust to do his own things when it comes to promos. For the most part, however you can tell when he's speaking something that he came up with versus a scripted piece.

Also WWE doesn't tend to let anyone but hollywood or soap opera writes make storyline decisions. Take that for what it's worth. It is sad with the passing of  such a great personality. I wish his family well.

Just last week I was watching some old Youtube clips with Him and Jim Cornette talking about the business.
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »

We're a week away from Wrestlemania 29. Who is interested? Rock-Cena for the WWE Championship. Brock-HHH, with Hunter retiring if he looses. 'Take-Punk, in a potentially great match, with a dreadful storyline build up. The Shield-Show, Orton, Sheamus, this will likely be a pretty good match. Do any of those interest you guys? The under-card is interesting too, but this is a show mostly built around those matches.

SpiderLover

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2013, 11:33:50 PM »

Well I'd have to say Im looking forward to HHH/Brock the most as it seems to have most of the appeal for me. Taker vs. Punk should have only one outcome. If your going to end the streak put it on a guy that can give you 10+ more years not 3 to 4. As far as Cena/Rock, meh... I don't think it had the proper build, there needs to be more emotion for the match in my opinion.

Now once the matches start that all goes out of the window, because at that point it doesn't matter. It's all about what is being delivered in the ring.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to: