Major Spoilers Forum
August 30, 2014, 05:24:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone else like WWE?  (Read 19611 times)
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2013, 10:27:31 AM »

Rocky came back last year to wrestle at WrestleMania 28, and the year before for Survivor Series, and was "host" of WrestleMania 27. Though only his WM28 match was worth watching. He did cut a few entertaining promos over the past couple years though Smiley

CatHaloMovies on FaceBook, @CatHaloMovies twitter.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2013, 10:44:10 AM »

It's been a lot time since I've seen anything WWE. The cable package we have doesn't give me USA to watch Raw. We have a basic family package so the kid can watch disney stuff.

Navarre
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2013, 10:50:37 AM »

The rock is going to face CM Punk, current WWE champion, in 20 days at the Royal Rumble for the WWE Title. I expect the Rock will win the title.

But he isn't a regular on the roster. He's mainly showing up to boost their ratings.

Though the Rock is legendary, Punk is, in my opinion, better on the mic, in the ring, and as an all-around performer.
SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2013, 11:42:56 PM »

The rock is going to face CM Punk, current WWE champion, in 20 days at the Royal Rumble for the WWE Title. I expect the Rock will win the title.

But he isn't a regular on the roster. He's mainly showing up to boost their ratings.

Though the Rock is legendary, Punk is, in my opinion, better on the mic, in the ring, and as an all-around performer.

I dont think that Punk has shown that as of yet, not through any fault of his own. More the booking of Punk has been pretty bad. To me he's MidCard Punk. His title reign has been forgettable. Again through no fault of his own. I think that a program with the Rock may give him the boost  that he needs to be "Better."
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2013, 06:59:51 PM »

Yeah, that intro got me.

I'm watching RAW tonight.

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2013, 10:52:26 PM »

Yeah, that intro got me.

Are you talking about the promo I mentioned that CM Punk did last week?
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2013, 11:58:02 PM »

Yeah, that intro got me.

Are you talking about the promo I mentioned that CM Punk did last week?

I'm not sure but I don't think so.

It was the 20 year anniversary of RAW and the intro was longer and included clips from the various intros they used over the past two decades.

It was pretty cool, and the episode was cool for anyone who has ever enjoyed an episode of RAW.

Navarre
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2013, 08:39:43 AM »

Oh, the Raw intro from last night. I got ya.

I'm glad you liked the episode okay. I thought it was one of their worst episodes in a long time, especially considering the occasion.

Eve's match was decent.

The cage match between Dolph Ziggler and John Cena would have been really, really good if there had ever been any doubt about the outcome. I don't know why the WWE is trying to push Ziggler as a top heel (which he deserves) only to let him get beat by Cena over and over.

It's not a very interesting feud if the outcome is never in doubt.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2013, 10:39:40 AM »

I wasn't too interested in the actual matches, but the nostalgia alone was worth a look.

Navarre
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2013, 10:41:34 AM »

What I can't explain is why they were in Houston, Texas for their 20th anniversary yet neither Stone Cold, HBK, or Undertaker (all Texas residents) were there.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »

Stone Cold, from what my son told me, just had leg surgery...not sure about the others.

Navarre
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2013, 11:29:30 AM »

Austin had leg surgery a couple months ago, I believe. Still, to not even make an appearance? I dunno.
Navarre
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2013, 02:36:53 PM »

Also, Eve Torres has quit the WWE, for realz.

http://www.evetorres.com/thank-you-believers/
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2013, 02:44:18 PM »

So...The Royal Rumble is upon us. My second favorite show of the year. I've taken Mon off work, because the show starts at 1am Dublin time, so myself and my mates can get silly and enjoy the show.
Who will actually be watching it? And what are your expectation?
Here's my predictions. I hope Punk wins, but I'd be VERY surprised if he did. Del Rio will probably retain, not that anyone particularly cares about the World Heavyweight Title. The tag title will probably change hands. When it comes to the royal Rrumble match itself, it's hard to say. I feel that the final four will be Ryback, Cena, Ziggler (in a potentially show stealing Iron man turn) and a Shield member. As to who will win...Who the hell knows. Probably Cena, to set up Cena Vs Rock (Vs Punk?) at 'Mania. But it kinda depends on a few things: Will it be after Punk Vs Rock, or before? Will they want to close out the show on an up or down note? If Punk wins, and 'face will win RR. If Rock wins, then it'll be a heel.
Thoughts? Theories?

CatHaloMovies on FaceBook, @CatHaloMovies twitter.
Navarre
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2013, 08:37:35 AM »

I think that Punk will lose the belt to the Rock at the Royal Rumble. I don't know if Cena will win the Rumble itself although I think they will in some fashion have a Rock vs Cena rematch at Wrestlemania.

I even predict a face turn for Dolph Ziggler within the next few months, even though there's no evidence that will happen. But I am going on a gut feeling based on the sort of thing WWE does these days.

I was remembering the old story line with Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan beginning way back after Wrestlemania III. Savage winning the tournament at WMIV, becoming such a fan favorite, the formation of the Mega-Powers with Hogan and that whole breakup, the hell turn by Savage and his Macho King run, and finally his reunion with Elizabeth, proposal, wedding, and even the reception broken up by Jake the Snake.

That whole story line ran for nearly six years. The heel/face turns were believable because they were consistent with the character and their experiences.

The writers really knew how to tell a story back then. Nowadays they just throw a match or face/heel turn at us for no reason, with characters (such as Del Rio or Miz) changing their entire established character over almost nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  

Jump to: