Major Spoilers Forum
September 02, 2014, 01:51:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone else like WWE?  (Read 19688 times)
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2012, 12:56:06 PM »

http://imgur.com/Lem6i

The biggest reason I like it Smiley

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2012, 01:52:50 PM »

Yes, even if Vince McMahon is a self-important d-bag that only cares about publicity and the bottom dollar, many of his wrestlers are really nice guys who spend many hours doing great work and making people smile. John Cena, despite being the WWE's poster boy, has always seemed to genuinely care about the impact he makes in people's lives and has done many good deeds for the world.

There is a minor wrestler who is a villain on the show but apparently a nice guy at heart. He spent his own money to buy Christmas gifts for an entire neighborhood of underprivileged youths, not as part of any WWE campaign but just because he could.

The world needs more recognition of these kinds of role models and less on its corrupt politicians and vain celebrities.
Navarre
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »

With Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns making their debut in WWE, along with Brad Maddox (who I guess didn't die at the hands of Ryback?), it seems we are having two good things happening in WWE:

Reformation of a strong wrestling stable and some new talent.

Both are long overdue.
Navarre
« Reply #168 on: December 19, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »

I attended the live WWE Raw event in Philadelphia this week. Great time!

Ric Flair made an unexpected visit. It was tremendous to see him again. He's still got the charisma and had the fans hanging on every second.

Then The Shield attacked him after entering through the crowd. Roman Reigns walked right by me. There was no one between him and me as he came down the stairs. He was within a half-arm's length of me, easily close enough to touch.

I briefly considered making my WWE debut by locking a rear-choke on Reigns as he walked by.  Smiley
Pearce
Rootwalla

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2012, 09:53:07 AM »

I was a fan of the WWF when I was a kid. Went to the show when they came to Kamloops and got myself a pair of Diesel gloves, while my brother got heart-shaped glasses a-la the Hitman. Got back into it when Stone Cold started tearing it up around 1998. Dropped out around 2000, picked it up again in 2006... Haven't watched it since Chris Benoit (my favourite wrestler, next to Jericho) killed his kid with a crippler crossface. Turned it off and haven't gone back. Don't think I ever will.
Navarre
« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2012, 09:55:38 AM »

eh, you aren't missing much. It's lost its edge.

But I've watched it for so long I have a hard time leaving it. Going with my girlfriend to see a live event was a lot of fun though.
Navarre
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2012, 08:46:24 PM »

From the live WWE Raw event in Philly, 12/17/12:

Not zoomed. Not enhanced. Just Roman Reigns, standing next to me.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2012, 08:51:09 PM »

I saw those on the Facebook.

I didn't know you did the whole Philly thing! Very cool! Still just a big bell with a crack Smiley But very cool!

Off topic. Sorry. Wink

Navarre
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »

Yep, that was sab with me in some of the pics. He was nice enough to take a whole day off from work and show me and Becca around Philly a bit. Becca's a history buff so she was excited.

That night she and I went to Raw. I saw you'd liked it on facebook. It was a great time.

You can tell from the expression on Reign's face that he's intimidated by me. Probably glad I never became a pro-wrestler so he didn't have to compete against me.  Smiley
Navarre
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2012, 09:23:22 PM »

indelikatt, who was at Raw with me, took a short video of some guys about three rows behind us who were cosplaying as former WWE superstars. They were definitely one of the highlights of the evening.

http://youtu.be/B2MBHBf9M7U

They also had individual signs that spelled a shout out for Dolph Ziggler. Their chant throughout the evening of "Ziggler's Better!" can be heard any time John Cena was out.

In fact, if you can find the intro for Cena when he comes out for his match near the end of the 12/17/2012 Raw in Philadelphia, he acknowledges them to his left and you can hear them chant.

Awesome Fun!   Cool
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »

My kid got WWE13 for the XBox.

Most fun I have had with wrestling in quite some time.

There's a mode that let's you replay famous Attitude Era matches. Very fun!

Just sharing.

Navarre
« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2012, 01:16:31 PM »

"Oh, you didn't know?!? You @$$ better caaaaaaaaall some-bodeeeeeee!!!"

Yeah, I saw that. That game looks awesome.

I haven't played a video game more sophisticated than Missile Command in the 80's so anything impresses me. But WWE13 almost makes me want to buy a game system.
SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2013, 12:18:57 AM »

The game is pretty good, it was nice to replay some of those eventful storylines. Though with any game you get a little burnt out after awhile.
Navarre
« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2013, 05:43:41 AM »

CM Punk cut an amazing promo last night that, in my opinion, blew away the Rock's return promo.
Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2013, 09:28:36 AM »

The Rock is going back to wrestling?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
  Print  

Jump to: