Major Spoilers Forum
August 01, 2014, 04:50:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone else like WWE?  (Read 18856 times)
Matthew
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »

Seems to me the most potentially interesting guys in WWE are criminally underused.  Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne....

Of course, there's the flip-side of that, in that both Sheamus and Jack Swagger are multiple-time world champions, though I'm not entirely sure why.  What Vince has going for him right now is that they've got a lot of decent guys that they could rebuild with, so long as they forget what has gone before.

Y'know who's awesome?  Zack Ryder.

At least they have the sense to put CM Punk front and center....
Matthew
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »

I also agree with that, but in my opinion there is no big break out star in the WWE. The Rock, Austin, and others like them are hard to come by. Cena, Orton, and CM Punk are not and never will be on that level.

I completely disagree.  CM Punk is the next coming of the Rock, in terms of charisma and awesome.
Navarre
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 10:32:20 PM »

CM Punk can deliver if given the right vehicle.

Ryder was getting some buzz from the Madison Square Garden fans after Survivor Series. I don't think it aired but the crowd was chanting for him.

Sheamus? ... Yeah, what are they thinking??  Roll Eyes
Matthew
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 08:04:20 AM »

CM Punk can deliver if given the right vehicle.

Ryder was getting some buzz from the Madison Square Garden fans after Survivor Series. I don't think it aired but the crowd was chanting for him.

Sheamus? ... Yeah, what are they thinking??  Roll Eyes

Oh, Sheamus isn't bad, and he's got a unique look (and even a decent gimmick.)  But he's way too green to be a two-time Champion, at least in my book.  Still, I have to commend them for being willing to stretch a bit and give new guys a shot at the big ugly belt. 

Honestly, though, they can't win.  Keep swapping the belt between Cena and Orton?  Fans flip out.  Put the belt on new guys like Swagger, Mark Henry or Sheamus?   Fans flip out. 

And you can say what you like about Cena, but his popularity with the younger set is why he's constantly in the spotlight.  There hasn't been a wrestler that kid-friendly (or kid-popular) since well before the Attitude Era, dating back to Bret Hart's big face run 20-odd years ago...
SpiderLover
Dragonborn Multiclass Fighter/Warlock

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 09:18:44 AM »

I also agree with that, but in my opinion there is no big break out star in the WWE. The Rock, Austin, and others like them are hard to come by. Cena, Orton, and CM Punk are not and never will be on that level.

I completely disagree.  CM Punk is the next coming of the Rock, in terms of charisma and awesome.

I just look at his Promos and they aren't all gems. I don't think he has the charisma, I think he just speaks what internet fans are thinking and he is the one they love. I like his in ring work when he does work. His series with Jericho were boring and uninspired.  he doesn't have it either, there are things about guys like the rock, that just have it. To me he's a better Matt Hardy. Good worker and just doesn't have it. Also they need to be careful with him, they had a huge rise with him when he was about to quit, and they messed up that storyline. This of course made him lose steam.

Also to become the next anything he needs another guy to play off of. There is no such guy within the WWE. HHH is not Vince McMahon, which is what made Austin. Orton nor Cena are Austin which helped make Rock. I think a lot of people want him to be it, and right now I'd prefer Dolph Ziggler.

Zack Ryder has an internet following and god knows why. I suppose his Youtube videos are inspired, but I never watched any and that is probably why I don't get it.

Orton cannot be a face, he doesn't have the mic skills, nor does he know how to play one. He's a good heel however, Cena the booking team has screwed up as he does have mic skills and charisma. His booking broke that, he needed to turn heel about 3 years ago. I think it is too late in the current iteration.

SpiderLover

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »

Think I left this with a negative vibe, so I will state guys I think have something special.
The Miz: I like his charisma and the way he carries himself, I like the evil streak that his character can contain. I think if they let him get some legitimate wins he could be a better champion than he was.

Cody Rhodes: His gimmick is awesome in its simplicity. He is on the verge of being a huge deal, I hope by this time next year we are talking about a maineventer. He has come a long way in the what 4 years since he's been here. A slow build works out best in my opinion.

Dolph Ziggler: Guilty pleasure I suppose.
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 12:37:33 PM »

I like Seamus. Although I'm probably biased because I'm Irish. While he is too green to be a two time champion, I think he has quite an upside.
If they actually flip the switch on Brian "Daniel Bryan" Danielson he could do great things. And I'd love to see a series of matches between him and Punk.
Maybe Del Rio, but he hasn't taken off like they hoped. Royal Rumble and Money In The Bank winner, two time champion, and still nobody cares.

CatHaloMovies on FaceBook, @CatHaloMovies twitter.
SpiderLover

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2011, 05:16:16 PM »

I like Seamus. Although I'm probably biased because I'm Irish. While he is too green to be a two time champion, I think he has quite an upside.
If they actually flip the switch on Brian "Daniel Bryan" Danielson he could do great things. And I'd love to see a series of matches between him and Punk.
Maybe Del Rio, but he hasn't taken off like they hoped. Royal Rumble and Money In The Bank winner, two time champion, and still nobody cares.
Bad booking, he should have won against Edge when he had the momentum at Wrestlemania. I understand now that they did it so that Edge could say goodbye, but it killed all the momentum he had. When you make heels you have to have someone care and they have to actually be able to win. If not, then no one is going to buy in.

Who is the top heel right now? Mark Henry...kinda sorta no. Probably Rhodes, and he's not even in the main title picture. The Miz with the eliminations on Morrison and RTruth recently could be that guy, it all depends.
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 05:33:47 PM »

Never dug Edge as a solo very much.  Liked it best when he was with christian and Gangrel.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
CatHalo
Sleestak

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2011, 06:28:42 PM »

Who is the top heel right now? Mark Henry...kinda sorta no. Probably Rhodes, and he's not even in the main title picture. The Miz with the eliminations on Morrison and RTruth recently could be that guy, it all depends.
Mark Henry is pretty heelish at the moment on SmackDown, the whole unstoppable monster bit. After that, probably Del Rio and Miz on Raw. Ziggler is close.

Never dug Edge as a solo very much.  Liked it best when he was with christian and Gangrel.

I miss Edge. Loved his tag matches, was firmly behind is IC title runs, and was delighted when he hit it big as Rated-R Supertar. Seeing him and Undertaker live in Orlando for 'Mania 24 was a highlight of the show.

CatHaloMovies on FaceBook, @CatHaloMovies twitter.
SpiderLover

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 02:33:13 PM »

Del Rio just seems devalued in my opinion in the way WWE booked him. They could have made him into a real force. However WWE does that a lot with their talent.
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 04:20:46 AM »

Mark Henry is just a no sell for me.  He is a big strong guy, but his talk is trash.  Worst of all whenever I see him I remember when he and Mae Young were having their relationship.  Anyone with that baggage has major selling issues for me.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Navarre
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 06:43:01 AM »

Agreed on Mark Henry. His look is too off-putting for me.

Still a fan of CM Punk though.
SpiderLover

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 10:08:08 AM »

Mark Henry is a sell for me because of the way he was built up. He can be a nice dominant champion. Which is what he should have done years ago. I get the Mae Young thing, but HHH also had sex with Kane's dead gf. So theres that.
Navarre
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 11:01:09 AM »

but HHH also had sex with Kane's dead gf. So theres that.

Say Whaaaaat??!?  Shocked

I have never heard of this. What happened?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: