Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 09:39:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Follow Major Spoilers on Twitter! @MajorSpoilers, @FearsomeCritter, @MightyKingCobra

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious Hooded Woman  (Read 8062 times)
greyman24
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« on: September 09, 2011, 10:19:49 AM »

Figured we might as well start talking about this.

Over at the Bleeding Cool, the list of all 13 appearances (so far) of the strange hooded woman from Flashpoint in the New 52 are up.

So...who is it? What does it mean? Who could it be? And is there any significance to the scenes where she appears?
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:27:56 AM »

I like finding her Smiley

I have no idea. I didn't read FlashPoint but I would think she has to know about the whole rebuild thing...ain't that what happened? It also surely has to do with just about every book (at least the ones I have read) mentioning a larger build-up. Lex mentioned something in Action. The moon eyeball thing in Stormwatch. I assume it all has to do with the already revealed enemy in JL but I hate to assume.

Its a bit early, so my current guess is that she represents all the fanboys who said they weren't going to even try the new 52 who are lurking in the shadows and reading it anyways Smiley

Extremes are always wrong.
greyman24
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »

Its a bit early, so my current guess is that she represents all the fanboys who said they weren't going to even try the new 52 who are lurking in the shadows and reading it anyways Smiley

You know, that bit made me laugh. Smiley

Yeah. Had no interest in FP, either, so I didn't see her there, but I saw the panel she was in at the end, referencing something about the timeline split in 3 and how it had to be fixed with the help of Barry. I'm hoping this wasn't yet another metatextual reference to Silver Age, Crisis, Final Infinite Constant Crisis.
Navarre
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 11:00:56 AM »

Although her look isn't very inspired, her presence is interesting enough. She seems sort of like Pariah but maybe more cosmic.

Sure, it'll lead to some huge Event. But that's how comics are now. I guess you have to have a story somewhere.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »

So she's Superboy-Prime?   Shocked

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 04:25:56 PM »

I'll bet that she is none other than...Red Herring!!

Hopefully she is nobody we know or thought of and traveling through the issues of the comics like The Monitor & Lyla pre-Crisis.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
greyman24
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 07:09:31 AM »

You think she might be a re-booted version of Harbinger?

I kind of like her design. Sort of classic--double-breasted suit and cloak contrasts the stripey face. It's refreshing to see a woman in comics that doesn't dress either like she's going swimming, to bed or to some fetish club.
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 08:46:31 AM »

I don't think she is a rebooted version as much as I was refrencing the means used 25 years earlier.

Pre-Crisis Harbinger and The Monitor would have a few panels in various comics for months.  Initially in shadow, then just Lyla showing until the Monitor was revealed and at that point you still didn't know if they were villains or what.

Navarre
Jimmy
Easter Egg

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 07:50:32 AM »

I'm currently theorizing she's the Time Trapper's latest incarnation; considering the Time Trapper at one point was literally a sentient alternate timeline, it's well within the known power-levels of the Time Trapper, and Time Trapper's been known to rock the hood.
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 09:25:32 AM »

Glorith?

Navarre
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »

I have never really gotten into the whole DC reboots as far as the specific characters that have stood outside of the "new timelines" and such.

But I think if this hooded character is too much like other characters that have stood outside the timeline it gives too much ammo to the fanboys who have already screamed shenanigans with the reboot being a cop-out in the first place.

I think she has to be someone new and different than other time traveling or timeline ignoring characters from the past.

greyman24
Not the Mama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 10:50:11 AM »

Good point. Part of the thing that worried a tiny little part of my tiny little brain was that it would be very easy to use this character as the gateway to an out if the reboot goes south.

I'm not saying that's what's planned or even that I think it WILL happen. I'm just saying that it'd be possible.
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 03:52:17 PM »

I hope she is new and unknown.

If she is the Trapper as previously hypothesized, then let it be known that during the Adult Legion run, Glorith a little known villain became the Time Trapper as a means of defeating Mordru when he ran the Universe. (Think of Age of Apocalypse but a few years before.  A great issue for anyone interested.

Navarre
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »

Read a rumors that she's the Crimson Cowl.

As much as I like the idea of a massive crossover of the level this would have, I really doubt it Smiley

Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 11:46:32 AM »

Read a rumors that she's the Crimson Cowl.

As much as I like the idea of a massive crossover of the level this would have, I really doubt it Smiley

Yeah, as cool as that would be I also doubt it. 

Although there were rumors during DC vs Marvel and again during the JLA/Avengers crossovers that there would be some sort of "lasting" ties between the two realities.  But the closest that those ever came to touching the mainstream universes was a small appearance by Access in Green Lantern many years ago.   I wonder if those rumors might lend to the fuel that created this rumor?  It's grasping a bit, but I could see someone finding it plausible.   

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: