Major Spoilers Forum
September 01, 2014, 06:25:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 65- Kallum's Hold  (Read 33973 times)
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »

Faerun, you detect no magic. The Grey Realm holds no spirits here, though there are likely many who have fallen below.
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 09:26:15 PM »

"Lyric, can you get through the door or, better yet ackshully, through the rock beside the door, to take a look at what's on the other side? Try to stay out of sight, just in case, though, okay?"
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 08:13:13 AM »

"I will look," Lyric says obediently. She has been most quiet since Rachel's death.

The wraith-child passes easily through the heavy granite wall of the chasm, near the door. She is gone for a minute and then returns.

"There are many Dwarves inside. They are all lying down."

"I think they are asleep, like Rachel."

"There are pieces all over the walls and floor. Maybe they're hurt?"
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »

Bed uses his ring to check the door.

"Well sure'n there must be a way in through this door.

I BE A PASS WARDER! Fer Kallum's sake, 'ow can I be stopped from enterin' in the name o' me own people?

Anyone be carin' to be knockin'? Sure'n we might not be likin' what be answerin'."
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 12:05:23 PM »

The ring reveals no magic on the heavy door.
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 12:06:38 PM »

"There was nobody moving inside? No sign of who hurt the dwarves?"
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »

Lyric replies meekly.

"I didn't see anyone moving. Just dwarves. And strips of dwarves."

"They were all scratched and the floor was dark and shiny."
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 12:33:08 PM »

"Can you try to go through and push the door open from the inside - or see if there's a handle?"
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 12:36:21 PM »

Lyric looks back at the wall.

"I can't push things. I can't touch anything."

"But I saw a big round wheel on the door. It had a latch on it to keep it from turning but the latch wasn't down."

"One of the dwarves was near the door. I think he was reaching for the wheel."

"But something scratched him into three big strips."
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 01:10:09 PM »

"What kind of creature would have claws big enough to slice a dwarf into three? A dragon?"

{In other words: "anybody have some Knowledge Nature ranks?"}
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 01:15:22 PM »

"What kind of creature would have claws big enough to slice a dwarf into three? A dragon?"

{In other words: "anybody have some Knowledge Nature ranks?"}

{10 ranks, although I'm not sure if dragons qualify as "natural beasts" like bears and such, or if that would be any help to us getting through this door.}

"If it be a rollin' door it be just a matter o' pushin' in the thin'...less'n it be locked o' course.

No bother in givin' it a try. Be watchin' yer steps but I'll be usin' any 'eavy liftin' arms to be aidin' the pushin'."


Bed tries to open the door by pushing it both away from him AND into the mountain side/door jam.
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 04:41:59 PM »

Sheathing Warsong, you place both hands against the door. The stone feels unyielding against you and the door stands much higher than the brim of your hat.

You push as hard as you can, putting your shoulder into it. Vinnrog, seeing the sweat break from your brow even in the cold air of the mountain, steps up to help you.

But these are your people and only this door stands between you and learning their fate. You shift back a half-step and slam your full weight into the stone.

You feel something crack in your shoulder but you pay it no heed. The door lurches from its resting position. With a raking sound that echoes too loudly for your tastes, the door swings open into the room.

The sight is horrifying. Dwarves, a dozen Pass Warders, lie dead in the anteroom.

Axes and hammers still rest in their hands, fingers now loose in death. The blood of the Warders coats the floor.

This was no attack. It was a massacre.

Examining the pattern of the bodies, you reconstruct the scene in your mind. The Warders were attacked from behind. Somehow, something took them by surprise from the single tunnel that leads from this room.

You look down the tunnel from where you stand at the door, peering into the darkness. The tunnel only goes thirty feet before curving out of your sight.

You look for the bodies of fallen foes. You see only dwarves.

But then the full scene crafts itself before you. These Pass Warders killed each other!
Logged
sab39
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 10848

Ooh! Synchronizers!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »

I gasp and instinctively reach for Rachel to cling to, only to find she's not there.

After a few seconds of just staring at the aftermath in front of me, I say to Bedlor, "Any sign of survivors? Any tracks away?"
Logged
Navarre
Guest
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 04:59:28 PM »

You cannot tell if there are survivors from here but nothing moves. You recognize many faces, though those are slashed and brutalized.

You see Gilrod Rockgrinder, an affable fellow who always wore a grin. That grin is distorted now; one side of his mouth ripped to his right ear.

Nearby is Delle Cragstone and his oldest son, Aien. It appears they fought back to back, trying to protect each other's lives. Delle lies fallen over Aien, his last breathe spent in his son's defense.

Others you know as well; allies, friends. These were some of Kallum Hold's hardiest Pass Warders and among the most noble you knew.

But the way the bodies are slashed reveal something more than axes and hammers that befell them.

T'Ning, as you walk up to the door, your nose burns with a powerful scent. These Dwarves were attacked by lycanthropes!

Bedlor, unaware of this, examines for tracks. There are signs that survivors of the battle left down the tunnel.
Logged
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50
*********
Posts: 11306


High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro


View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »

Bed looks at tracks and the like.

"Be checkin' 'em fer life, but mind yer surroundin's."

Bed checks to see if all the dead ones are Pass Warders.
Logged

Extremes are always wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!