Major Spoilers Forum
July 24, 2014, 03:04:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legend of the Seeker  (Read 1706 times)
Navarre
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:15:29 AM »

I came across part of an episode once and it seemed sort of campy, like Xena maybe. But online reviews of it seem very favorable.

Is it worth watching?
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »

I came across part of an episode once and it seemed sort of campy, like Xena maybe. But online reviews of it seem very favorable.

Is it worth watching?

It really depends.  I found the show fun and interesting enough to keep me watching.  I've got friends who have read the books who love it, friends who read the books who hate it, friends who only watched it because it reminded them of Hercules/Xena, etc.

I think it depends on what you like, what you expect from it, etc.  I'm guessing you might get a kick out of it one way or another from some of the things I know that you like, but it isn't for everyone so you might not enjoy it on the same levels as I am guessing you would. 

Give a few episodes a try, at least. 

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Navarre
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 01:15:12 PM »

I like D&D, medieval fantasy, pretty girls (especially if they like other pretty girls), solid plot, and good character development.

Is there hope for me with this series?
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:36:46 PM »

I like D&D, medieval fantasy, pretty girls (especially if they like other pretty girls), solid plot, and good character development.

Is there hope for me with this series?

Somewhat.  There's plenty of medieval fantasy, a pretty decent plot (depending who you ask) as well as pretty decent character development (also depending who you ask).  There's a fair number of cute girls (and evil cute girls who sometimes like other evil cute girls when you get to the Mord-Sith related episodes). 

Some of the actors will be familiar (Ted Raimi shows up a few times as well as Charisma Carpenter, and there are a fair few former Power Rangers actors from the last 5 - 10 series once in a while, but it's filmed in New Zealand so thats expected a bit), the effects aren't terrible but also not always great (they are decent enough, though). 

I think you'd enjoy it if you can actually sit down and get into it.  It isn't really a chore to watch, but some people who liked all the elements the show has still didn't much care for it.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Navarre
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 07:09:03 PM »

I came across another random clip from the show:

http://youtu.be/E_zjXvmyLWg

However, I still haven't seen any episodes. But I thought I'd bring this thread back from the depths in case anyone has anything to add.
Hirimno
V

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 02:16:27 AM »

Both seasons of it are on Netflix if you wanted to watch it. I liked the show.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: