Major Spoilers Forum
August 23, 2014, 08:23:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planning on purchasing something through Amazon? Click on the Amazon link on the main site (or here); A small amount of your purchase will go toward Major Spoilers at no additional cost to you.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow War campaign In-Game: Chapter 58- Return to West Wellington  (Read 17347 times)
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2011, 12:57:41 PM »

"They always be, 'Dru.

We be aimin' to see the Earthkin moved wit' the rest o' us. They be o' good use in the new town, a fierce ally, an' a show o' the mark we aim to be 'ittin' wit' this Unity.

Folks'll 'ave to be gettin' used to a lot. I not be thinkin' this to be the place to be startin' it."

Extremes are always wrong.
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2011, 01:14:06 PM »

"You mustn't blame yourself. Like you said, it was an accident. There was nothing you could have done."

"You must miss her very much."

"Do you think you could put some of those pretty purple flowers into the arrangement too?"
sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2011, 01:24:45 PM »

"Wait... oh, pinecones!"

"I... can we start over? I seem to have a problem with my brain being missing."
Navarre
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2011, 01:35:54 PM »

Landru nods, a bit defeated.

"Aah, you're probably right. Trying to get these people to open their eyes to what's right in front of them could be done more easily on a blind bat in a box."

"It sounds like you really have something good going down south though. Might be the kind of place an old wizard could retire, hmm?"

You enter the tunnel, noticing the greater warmth as the heated air flow upward from the depths. You have walked onto a short ways toward a large stone door when a voice issues from an alcove even you didn't see.

"Stand there, fleshlings! You be visitors but be it friends or enemies?"

The raspy sound to the voice leaves no doubt it must be an Earthkin. You think you recognize the female's sound; confirmed as Landru replies.

"It's alright, SaNd. It's me, Landru."

"Everyone's friends here. You remember Bedlor and Faerun at least, don't you?"

You see SaNd step forth from the alcove. Her naked and sand-colored body looks to be in good shape. No sign of the wound formerly caused by T'Ning remains.

She stands with her spear ready, a glittering golden helm on her head. As she stares at all of you, a small thoqqua slips out of the alcove and curls around her leg.

"Yes. Kallum's Own and the Weaving Binder. I remember."

"Well met again, flesh-friends."
chrysalis
Jim Morrison

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2011, 01:44:41 PM »

"Montford, I'm confused. So it was Landru who took things? What did he take?"

Smile...it could be worse.
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2011, 01:47:37 PM »

"Oi, ye be talkin' as if ye be ready to be put out, 'Dru. Sure'n ye be 'avin' plenty o' ore in yer mine.

An' right back at ye, friend."

Bed switches over to Terran

"I 'ope things be well 'ere. Sure'n changes that be 'appenin' to those 'bove be 'eavier on yer people. 'Elpin' out as ye 'ave yer people be deservin' praise.

Thank ye."

Navarre
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »

Montford nods.

"Landru came down here after the bloodfall. He said we needed to ready ourselves for the Ravager and to protect the people."

"I was going to send word to Hallow Hold but he said there was no time for politics. I even wanted to send word to Monarch City but Landru said we were 'all in the same boat and we'd better start bailing our own water.' ... colorful but arrogant."

"I had no intention of turning over anything from the reliquary with His Grace's consent, which I'm sure would never happen. I told Lothnaru as much and for a minute I thought he was going to try and take our confiscated objects by force."

"But he stormed off without another word. ... Later in the day I checked the reliquary, just on a hunch mind you, and found everything missing."

"I confronted Lothnaru but he feigned ignorance. I reported the theft to Captain Stone and he said he's look into it. ... So far, nothing."

"Chief Investigator Perry is a much more faithful follower of the law. I want him to investigate it. But I suspect the entire thing is getting swept neatly under the rug by Landru and his accomplices."

"So forgive me if I am not overjoyed to see some of his most trusted lackeys show up at my office door."
Navarre
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »

You believe SaNd would smile if she had teeth...or lips..

"It is good to be hearing the mother tongue. You honor me, Kallum's Own."

"You are always welcome here."

"I do not see the one called T'Ning. This is the calf he named, Danyel."

"See how she grows strong? She is ready to serve as protector and friend, just as you are protector and friend."

"To what pleasure are we to be meeting with you today?"
Navarre
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2011, 01:59:31 PM »

Amber stops what she is doing and looks at you.

"Hmm? Oh...of course."

"What were you thinking?"
Gaumer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »

"Two-fold. We be 'earin' word that ye 'ave been set to be watchin' o'er the thin's taken from the church. We may be needin' use o' some o' 'em things fer the fight ahead.

An', we'd like to move yer people to the new town we be puttin' together. A city that be standin' fer peace an' unity. I'll be sayin', the work o' yer people be needed, under soil an' such, but, ye all bein' there be the sign o' Unity fer all that we be needin' to be showin' to the rest o' the world. But we be seein' benefits to the earthkin as well, mate. Folks be 'avin' wider eyes than minds 'ere it be seemin'. Time be fixin' all, but folks be more open where I be invitin'. An' 'earin' the cave-in yerself be makin' the point more than 'earin' 'nothers words 'bout it. The Earthkin bein' there be the showin' we be lookin' to 'ave."

sab39

Ooh! Synchronizers!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2011, 02:07:23 PM »

"That if I have the nerve to call her my girlfriend I really ought to know her better by now."

"The little purple flowers would be much more... fitting. No?"

I give Rachel a "did I pass?" sort of look.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to change the subject. My mind's all over the place today. I was about to ask how you are coping after what happened to Suzy."
Navarre
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »

As Amber takes a moment to set down the Hibiscus and get a vase for the purple flowers, Rachel slides up to you. She smiles and wraps her arms around you, slowly drawing herself into you.

"I love you," she whispers in your ear before giving you a kiss that fully supports her words.

"T'ose pink flowers be so pretty. I love t'e color and t'ey are an eye-catcher."

"But t'ey be in yuir face wit' it all. I prefer t'e more subtle approach, ye know? T'e beauty 'idden among t'e flowers, waiting to be seen by just t'e right one."

"I t'ink t'at one be you,"
she whispers again.

She slips another kiss over your lips. She's like electric honey on your tongue. You forget everyone else until you hear Amber's voice.

"Aww. That's sweet."

"It's nice to have someone who loves you so much, isn't it?"

Amber smiles at you, a bit misty-eyed, as she answers your question to her.

"It's nice of you to ask about me. Most folks don't."

"I'm not thought to be a terribly good person around here. People are polite enough but sort of...insincere, I suppose."

"I've made too many mistakes and people don't forgive very easily."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:21:49 PM by Navarre » Logged
chrysalis
Jim Morrison

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2011, 02:19:35 PM »

"Well, I hope Landru did take the items. I don't know what was in there, but I would hate for those items to be in the wrong hands. And I'm sorry, but Landru is not those wrong hands."

"Who was supposed to be guarding the door? Why didn't they?"

Smile...it could be worse.
Web.Metz
The (Harryhausen) Kraken

PCs: Faerun, Chromatic, Pin

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2011, 03:35:17 PM »

Faerun looks to Master Landru. "When I retire, it will probably be to the White Grove...actually, I don't think I'd have to settle. I could likely move my home every single day if I wanted."

"Did you use that Hallow scroll yet? If I remember correctly, you can attach tongues to the area protected."

"If only we find some sort of magical item that imparted, at the very least, Comprehend Languages. Speaking of magic items, have you perhaps happened across any that would enhance one's concentration? I feel I may need such aid if I am to shift a large structure to Union Point."

Science
Navarre
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2011, 06:48:09 PM »

Montford throws his hands in the air.

"The guards on the reliquary have nothing to guard now. The vault's empty!"

"I called them off myself once I realized what had happened. We need all our best priests. No sense in formalities over an empty basement."

"And what right does Landru have to decide what is to be done with dangerous items that use the False One's magic? What right does he have to steal from the Church of the Ascension?"

"More to the point, what do you want of me?"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: