Major Spoilers Forum
July 31, 2014, 04:39:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Consider a donation to the Major Spoilers cause. On the main site click the "Make a Donation" button on the right hand column.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel's best hand-to-hand combatant  (Read 12970 times)
Navarre
« on: January 05, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »

Although the answer is obviously "Whomever the writer wants to win", who do you think is the best hand-to-hand combatant in the Marvel Universe?

And, for purposes of the discussion, we are not taking into account healing factors and adamantium laced bones or whatever. I am referring to actual straight-up fighting skill.

Possibilities that comes to mind:

Steve Rogers
Wolverine
Shang-Chi
Iron Fist
Moondragon

Who do you think has the most skill in the Marvel U.?
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »

If you ignore the super-powers the others possess, Shang-Chi is my pick.  He gets by on sheer skill, where the others have super-powers to enhance them.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Navarre
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 07:42:40 PM »

Yet Steve Rogers trains every single day to not only maintain his performance but to hone his fighting ability. Even if you removed the super-soldier serum he should be in peak human condition and retain all of his training.
Gibralter
V

Cast in the Name of God, Ye Not Guilty.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 07:49:19 PM »

What about Drax the Destroyer,
Gamora?
Rocket Raccoon?
Or freaking Blazing Skull
Taskmaster!

Navarre you pick Wolverine and Moondragon? For shame! Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Hiss!

The Earth abides forever.
Navarre
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 07:52:25 PM »

I didn't pick Wolverine and Moondragon. I was only listing some possibilities to get conversation going. I am still going with Steve Rogers.

I did think about Drax.

Definitely not Rocket Raccoon. He's a weapons/strategic genius. There are many good fighters in the Marvel U. and he's fine. So is Black Widow and that whole lot. But they don't compare to Steve, Shang-Chi, and some of those.

I also thought of Taskmaster. But I have no proof he could continue to perform at that level if he didn't possess his power.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 07:57:20 PM »

Yet Steve Rogers trains every single day to not only maintain his performance but to hone his fighting ability. Even if you removed the super-soldier serum he should be in peak human condition and retain all of his training.

I don't disagree Steve Rogers is formidable, but I still tend to think Shang-Chi would be the best hand-to-hand fighter in the Marvel U.

Navarre
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:00:19 PM »

I could accept the argument that Shang-Chi could hold his own against Steve. I think it would be a pretty even fight that either could win.

Shang-Chi is one of the few characters in the Marvel Universe I think can fight at that level. Like I said, the Marvel U. is full of great fighters. But there's the Black Widow/Psylocke/etc. group and then there are the elite fighters. Steve and Shang-Chi are in the latter group.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 08:02:22 PM »

But there's the Black Widow/Psylocke/etc. group and then there are the elite fighters. Steve and Shang-Chi are in the latter group.

So there are the "girls who wear tight leather or skimpy outfits and distract people" group and the elite boys group?   Grin

Navarre
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:04:30 PM »

heh Well, I wouldn't go that far.

Moondragon and Gamora have got to be in the big leagues themselves. They are pretty big on either wearing skintight mesh or very little. How does Moondragon fight in her traditional costume anyway? No way she could hold herself in with all that jumping around.
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 08:20:14 PM »

Flatman

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Navarre
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 08:21:17 PM »

Flatman

Can you support this assertion?  Roll Eyes   Tongue
Gibralter
V

Cast in the Name of God, Ye Not Guilty.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »

Drax the Destroyer! He who tore the living heart from Thanos himself!

The Earth abides forever.
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 08:33:54 PM »

Flatman

Can you support this assertion?  Roll Eyes   Tongue
He never lost to: Steve Rogers,Wolverine, Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Moondragon,  Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, Blazing Skull, Taskmaster or Artie Maddicks.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Navarre
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 08:34:55 PM »

Drax seems a good choice. I'm not sure if that's the writer's preference or legitimate prowess...or even if the two can be separated.

Slappy, you are absolutely right. But then, could Aunt May be just as tough based on that criteria?
@lantis
Not the Mama

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »

In theory Wolverine has decades more training under his belt so he should be the superior fighter of all of them even without his healing factor.

If pushed though, I'd still put my money of Steve Rogers or Iron Fist.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: