Major Spoilers Forum
August 01, 2014, 10:55:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
  Print  
Author Topic: Attractive Celebrities  (Read 55690 times)
Navarre
« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2012, 04:45:53 PM »

A pretty smile is amazing indeed. Sometimes it isn't even the whiteness of the teeth or the perfection of the smile itself but that warmth, sexiness, or other alluring quality that comes through with it.

Can you name/post someone whose smile you especially appreciate?
Rob, no not that one.
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »

Gotta be Cameron Diaz, she's pretty and she's got a good figure but when she smiles...

Wow gets me every time.

Okay, this looks bad.
Navarre
« Reply #227 on: December 21, 2012, 08:32:30 AM »

It is so interesting how you and I seem to find different people attractive.

I have always thought Cameron was really creepy looking. Something about her light eyes and overly broad smile always made me think she might murder me...slowly.

But I'm not dogging your choice at all, really. Way back on this thread when then forum member Larry King was listing people like Rosario Dawson I was thinking about how I didn't find her attractive either yet she is one of his favorites.

I wonder what it might be in our individual psyches that bring us to find one person more attractive than another?

I think the media plays a large role. The sort of people we commonly see that are touted to be the "beautiful people" tend to make us think that is true.

For example, although Mila Kunis is attractive, I think the media may have influenced that.

She is the highest rated woman on wikifeet. And, while her feet are fine in that regard, I think our focus has been brought to her just like women such as Olivia Wilde, Megan Fox, or Britney Spears before her.

And, for that matter, why do I care about the girl having cute toes when many guys would just as soon never look that far down? Why do I like brunettes and redheads over blondes or prefer petite yet athletic women over curvy bombshells?

I don't know the answers but the question intrigues me.
Rob, no not that one.
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 21, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »

I get where you're coming from, our choice of partner (or potential partners) has to be the most subjective choice we ever make so there really is no possibility of a truly objective measure of beauty. One persons "10" will always be another persons "Really? Her?" it's not something any of us can control and I think the worlds a better place for it.

As for the media I agree to the extent that they tend to present a fairly narrow slice of whats "hot" and you can only be attracted to people you know exist. Another factor is public perception I mean a big part of my attraction to Cameron is the way she comes across, funny, charming, even though I know that could all be media spin.

Okay, this looks bad.
Navarre
« Reply #229 on: December 21, 2012, 11:13:35 AM »

It may be impossible to know only from the media what a person is like in real life. I do try to go on the assumption (and it is that) that the sum of what we see over time is a somewhat accurate portrayal.

For instance, Lindsey Lohan is a cute little redhead but I wouldn't touch her with someone else's ten foot pole. While I don't know her personally, it is a fact that she is constantly in legal trouble and that says something to me.

On the other hand, take someone like Selena Gomez (actually, please don't. I want her!). Beyond the tabloid focus of her relationships we have someone who Disney spun to be worth admiring. Unlike Miley Cyrus though (whom Disney also spat out of their corporate star machine), Selena really does consistently come across as very nice.

It is not only the media that presents her this way, since it could be biased, but an ongoing experience from people who have met her.
So I have faith that Selena really is very sweet (although I haven't tasted her to be sure).
Gaumer
Loch Ness Monster, US $3.50

High Inquisitor, Keeper of the Fro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: December 21, 2012, 11:28:13 AM »

But we know Lindsey knows where the best parties are for certain.

That's a perk for me Smiley

Extremes are always wrong.
Navarre
« Reply #231 on: December 21, 2012, 11:29:49 AM »

Ha! Yeah, if you're looking for the party all you need to do is follow the GPS on Lindsey's ankle bracelet.  Tongue
Rob, no not that one.
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 21, 2012, 02:32:34 PM »

As long as they don't do anything too outrageous to shatter my illusions I'm willing to play along.

Speaking of beautiful fantasy;

Bridget Regan

Also comes in red

Okay, this looks bad.
Navarre
« Reply #233 on: December 21, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »

Bridget is very beautiful. Along those same lines of television fantasy females, Katie McGrath.

Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: December 21, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »

Lest we forget Maureen O'Hara

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Navarre
« Reply #235 on: December 22, 2012, 09:21:05 AM »

Maureen O'Hara was quite attractive when she was younger.

I loved her red hair. But my favorite silver screen star is still Grace Kelly.

There was a presence about her that was captivating.
Navarre
« Reply #236 on: December 26, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »

I was thinking that attractive celebrities can often be divided down into certain categories. Not all celebrities fit only one category. Also, how we as individuals perceive them affects the context. But I think a few categories might be:

Conventional Beauties

Athletic Hotties

Bombshell/Sex Kittens

Adorable Cuties

Geek Girls

The Eclectics

Male celebrities could be divided the same way, separating the Jason Stathams from the Justin Beibers (which is a far separation indeed).

Just like trying to rank comic books or movies or celebrities, trying to put them into categories is an imprecise practice. But, as long as we're talking about people based only on looks, we may as well go all out.
Navarre
« Reply #237 on: December 27, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »

"Adorable Cuties" are by far my favorite type, although I like athletic women too. Speaking of adorable cuties, AnnaSophia Robb.

Revenant Sorrow
Not the Mama

Wingtip aspires to greatness

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 27, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »

I'm not really into red heads but there is just something about Isla Fisher that I'm just smitten with.

With her eyes and that smile. Emma stone to me is just perfect.

Navarre
« Reply #239 on: December 27, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »

Emma can look a bit odd to be, almost scary. But she's really funny and down-to-earth and her personality shines through. She looks much better as a redhead than as a blonde.

Isla Fisher is amazing. Love that woman! So f'n cute.

I think redheads are generally stunning though, even though I prefer brunettes best. Interesting how a woman's change of hair color can alter another's perception of the woman's beauty.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
  Print  

Jump to: