Major Spoilers Forum
August 20, 2014, 07:22:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you follow @majorspoilers on twitter you'll be the first to know when the new Critical Hit podcast goes up on iTunes.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What should the next DC animated movie be about ...
a Graphic novel adaptation (New Frontier/Under the Red Hood) - 1 (16.7%)
a retold origin story (Green Lantern: First Flight/Wonder Woman) - 1 (16.7%)
a tie in story to past works (Crisis on Two Earths/Gotham Knights) - 0 (0%)
a shot in the dark with a lesser known character/team (tell us which one) - 1 (16.7%)
(Write in your own choice in the comments) - 3 (50%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The next DC animated movie should be ...  (Read 2082 times)
Blackthunder01
« on: November 09, 2010, 10:59:09 AM »

Ok.  So far we know the 3 movies coming out for 2011;  All Star Superman, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, and Batman: Year One.  Two of them are adaptations of best sellers and the other is a collection of short stories to get us in the mood for a theatrical movie.

We've seen more than enough adaptations (Superman: Doomsday, New Frontier, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Batman: Under the Red Hood, and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse).  We've had 2 retold origin stories (Green Lantern: First Flight and Wonder Woman) and 2 tie-in stories (Batman: Gotham Knights and Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths).  We were all teased at the Teen Titans: Judas Contract since the begining of these DC movies only to find that the project was canned.  I'm curious to see what kind of film you would like to see AND expect to suceed.  (I'm sure we'd all love a Booster Gold movie but realistically I just don't think it would sell well.)

Personally, I'd love to see a retold origin story for The Flash.  I think that at this point we've had enough Superman and Batman movies to hold us over for a while.  Why not expand on more JLA members?  Wonder Woman was a good movie and GL was too.  How about some Flash love next?  Or even an (god forgive me) Aquaman from Grant Morrison's days.
Navarre
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 11:05:25 AM »

I chose "Write-In" because I would like to see that Teen Titans movie. I don't consider the team "lesser know" so I didn't choose that option.

But I want Under the Red Hood quality, not that whacked out Japanese animation they do for the Teen Titans cartoon. No give me something well-drawn, well-acted, and serious.

The Judas Contract would be a fine choice, yes.
ikindadislikekevinsmith
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:58 PM »

A live action, Nolan style (as in very literal and realist) Secret Six.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 04:11:23 PM »

A live action, Nolan style (as in very literal and realist) Secret Six.

I think you missed the point of the thread title.  It isn't "The Next DC Movie", but "The Next DC Animated Movie" in the series of animated movies they have been releasing.

I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones.   -The Doctor
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »

Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew would be swell with a sequal telling the story of the Oz / Wonderland War.  I know it is a one two punch and decent fare to also get the kids involved.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
ikindadislikekevinsmith
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »

ok, sure.  but it'd be cool though, right?
Navarre
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 05:54:07 PM »

Yeah, it'd be cool. If there were a "The next DC live-action movie should be..." thread, it'd get my vote!  Wink

I think anything done by Nolan or done as well would be worth watching though.
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 06:13:11 PM »

Yeah, it'd be cool. If there were a "The next DC live-action movie should be..." thread, it'd get my vote!  Wink

Ditto

I think anything done by Nolan or done as well would be worth watching though.

I dunno.  I still wouldn't watch Twilight or Spice World even if they were done by Nolan...   Unless Spice World was turned into a Dune movie.   Cheesy

Navarre
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 06:16:35 PM »

What if the SPice Girls all went out into the sunlight, sparkled for a minute,... then caught on fire?   Cheesy
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 06:22:43 PM »

What if the SPice Girls all went out into the sunlight, sparkled for a minute,... then caught on fire?   Cheesy

Best.  Movie.  EVER!!   Cheesy

And back on topic, I'd like to see an animated interpretation of the vampire Batman stories.  The Batman vs Dracula from a few years back doesn't count, I'd like to see a more faithful adaptation.

*EDIT*
Also, just thought of this, but if they could get the rights, an animated adaptation of Batman vs Predator would also be pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:28:41 PM by Alisha Mynx » Logged

Navarre
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »

Batman vs Predator was pretty cool.   Smiley
Alisha Mynx
Not the Mama

Down Ali?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 06:54:40 PM »

Batman vs Predator was pretty cool.   Smiley

The original Batman vs Predator story is one of my favorite crossovers of all-time.  Heck, it's one of my favorite Batman stories of all time. 

They could sidestep the need to obtain the rights if they changed the species and made it another alien warrior / hunter race, but it would lose some of the epic-ness if they did that. 

Gibralter
V

Cast in the Name of God, Ye Not Guilty.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 08:41:05 PM »

I want to see an old school JSA movie. Alan Scott green lantern, Jay Garrett flash, Wildcat, Hourman, All the old schoolers.

The Earth abides forever.
Navarre
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 08:43:40 PM »

Al Pratt, huh?
ikindadislikekevinsmith
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 10:44:53 AM »

Kingdom Come.

It would be a good excuse to really amp up the art.  Go really experimental with it like one of those Animatrix shorts.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: