Major Spoilers Forum
September 01, 2014, 02:38:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: The newest podcast in the Major Spoilers family is "Munchkin Land!"

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Praise for Critical Hit.  (Read 3281 times)
GassyGnoll
Egg

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2010, 05:06:25 PM »

I stumbled across the podcast quite by accident and haven't stopped listening since. I am very pleasantly surprised at the memories these sessions tend to bring back. I started playing about 15 or 16 years ago with some AD&D and Second Edition source material a few friends and I managed to put together. Over the years our group shifted apart and I hadn't given D&D much thought until I found your podcasts.

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the work those involved put into publishing your gaming sessions. You've reawakened the excitement I once held for the game and already caused me to start purchasing some of the new 4.0 literature in hopes of putting together a small group to game with.

Thanks Again,
Gassy

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- J. R. R. Tolkien
whynaut
Easter Egg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:43:06 AM »

I started to listen to the most recent one, but was incredibly lost.  Is there a good jumping on episode?  Or, is there an episode that was particularly good to start off with?
Beta Ray Bill Cosby
Administrator
Snorkasaurus

Bill?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 12:00:02 PM »

#1 or #8, if you really want to skip the whole last season you could start with the first Celestial Crusade episode.

AKA: Rodrigo
Fizzy
Charmander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 01:33:03 AM »

Just got up to and finished the games workshop sessions.

Really, really liked Stephens characters. When the old guy was telling the story about the mansion I was so there. Good work!!

Also is Alex actually Rodrigo? You have some very striking similarities in your mannerisms, especially when you um use the word um when your clearly um thinking on your feet. Wink

Fun times!!
Arizel
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »

I just wanted to say I downloaded every single critical hit podcast. I just hit # 20 today. Your podcasts have been a life saver for me, delivering flowers on the road wondering where all my DMing days have gone after my first 3 years of college when I realized I went a whole semester without DND.... The podcasts so far really brought me back to the magic so to speak. I can't express how envious I am of all of you, able to play through skype and have your adventures cataloged through the Pods that are Cast for others to listen to and enjoy. Most of the DnD gaming group at my university have graduated or are graduating with me the next semester. It feels like I will soon lose my individuality among the seething masses that are going to be looking for jobs.

hmmmm depressing stuff aside though, I found all the little tutorials to be very effective in reminding me of the rules of 4E, it all really showed me that DND is a rather popular game and is no longer such a "niche" thing among geeks. I have not voted on I tunes yet, but I will be sure to do it soon. My plan is to hit 79 by the end of the next 2 weeks!
Eothr
Not the Mama

Desperately craving Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 09:48:40 AM »

Critical Hit is hands down the greatest podcast ever! I chanced across it 3 weeks ago when I was searching iTunes, and the experience has been awesome! Now I'm biting my nails while waiting weekly for the next episode...grrr...

It was thanks to Stephen, Rodrigo, Matthew, D&D Brian, and Rob that I now have a D&D group! Thank you guys very much for taking the time each week to edit your sessions for the podcasts. They are a fantasic source of inspiration for my own venturing into D&D!

Venom symbiote + Blackheart = Marvel Apocolypse
ckir1963
Egg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 10:07:59 PM »

Back when I first started listening to podcasts I tried listening to a few D&D games and found them kind of dry and boring. Listening to other people have fun. So I cast about (get it?) for other forms that entertained me and only reluctantly tried critical hit. 

I gotta tell you I enjoy the heck out of it.  It doesn't hurt that by the time I tried it Matthew, Rodrigo, and Stephen were like old friends.  I always enjoy the banter (and Matthew's references! and voices.. well you know the general craziness that IS Matthew) and the game is definitely a story. after listening to a couple I went back to the first one and started from the beginning. I'm on #46 right now.  the only thing that beats critical hit's initiative on my ipod is Major Spoilers itself.

I've had a little experience with 4th ed and a lot of experience with the prior editions but it still helps to have the players asking the questions and talking them out instead of making vague references to the rules that they all know.

And I pay attention to Rodrigo's style. He's a good GM.. lets them get their quips in without the entire game wandering off (especially important as they are recording) his style appeals to me and I'd say I've picked up a few things I'll probably incorporate if and when I ever GM again.

Kudo's to the entire Critical hit. with a double helping for the Game Master. Good gaming, guys!
Rootwalla

We are able because we believe we are able.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 07:06:47 PM »

I downloaded critical hit while looking for an interesting podcast and now thanks to both the critical hit podcast and the msp i have already deleted some movies and a lot of songs and apps just to make room for every single one. I cant even bare myself to think of deleting even the earliest issues its just hard.
CrowTRobot
Car Insurance Gecko

"That was the sound of the director giving up."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 03:15:28 PM »

I stumbled onto Critical Hit by accident as I was looking for some material about 4e Dungeons and Dragons. I had listened and enjoyed the Penny-Arcade 4E podcasts and decided to look for more. Critical Hit had a d20 on it and I thought, "That looks about right..."

Since then I have become a Critical Hitter (or whatever we are called) and a faithful Spoilerite as I enjoy the reviews and banter.

In Soviet Russia critical hits you!

Keep up the good work guys.

"Is that vague enough for you."
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »

Crow, did you introduce yourself?  If not there is an Introductions are in Order thread created for the Eggs.
Just remember.  Fight the Robot Overlord!!!   Viva La Spoilers!!!

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
CrowTRobot
Car Insurance Gecko

"That was the sound of the director giving up."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »

Being stuck in a satellite above the Earth I know a bit about evil overlords...

"Is that vague enough for you."
Slappy
Will Troll For Food!
Not the Mama

Mornin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »

Being stuck in a satellite above the Earth I know a bit about evil overlords...
But this one is a wuss.

"Making good forum members wonder since July 2008!"
Navarre
Reply #371 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: